Film 2009 onwards....

Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Film 2009 onwards....

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Body of Lies was very good. Seeing Dubai on screen was kerayzeee.

Want to see Yes Man this year.
brilliant movie, Russell Crowe is hilarious, when he says couscous
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
And the biggest pile of kack I have seen in a long time was "No Country for Old Men".....absolute rubbish !
ah puff, worst load of all cack is the oceans 11, 12 and 13
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

miss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nice

Rather than people starting their own threads from time to time about films, I thought it may be beneficial to have one condensed thread, so feel free to chip in and recommend/slag off films herein…..

I watched ‘In Pursuit of Happyness' over the Christmas break, I don't mind telling you I was close to tears. I recommend it to all Dad's.

Ghost Town wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, lovely scenes of New York and was very funny in parts, plus I’m a Ricky Gervais fan anyway…

Also watched The X Files film again the other night, this time on BlueRay………..so I could perv over Gillian Anderson once again but in HD !!!

Oh yeah, some films that I’ll looking out for early this year...;

The Wrestler (Mickey Rourke)
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (Brad Pitt)
You should look at these, i know they might be a little dated but they are some of the best world renowned films of all time.

>La Haine

>The English Patient

>A Clockwork Orange (most of kubrick's films)

>Citizen Kane

>Psycho (most of Hitchcock's films, and Psycho was the first film to ever show a toilet bowl!!)

>Schindler's List
Old Jan 15th 2009, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
brilliant movie, Russell Crowe is hilarious, when he says couscous
I agree, it's very close to home.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone seen 'Appaloosa'? What are your rants and raves?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:05 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

but what was the point of it.....

Tommy Lee Jones character was utterly pointless, and had absolutely no bearing on the main storyline.....

The guy that was on the run, when he was caught by the nutter you didnt even see his demise, just a body in a motel room, I had to rewind 3 times, as didnt realise it was him..

biggest pile of shite I have ever seen...
You either love or hate the Cohen brothers movies. They took a western, updated it for a modern audience and turned the usual formula for a western on it's head. Usually the good guy wins, the sheriff gets the bad guy and the hero rides off into the sunset with the money. Non of these things happened, in fact the opposite happened and the story was told in an imaginative way that made you pay attention and made you think rather than a typical western. The whole point of Tommy Lee Jones character is that he was retiring and was practically impotent as an officer of the law, he was also the antithesis of TLJ's usual characters where he hunts down the bad guy in a macho style with guns blazing.
The scene in the gas station was classic and some of the action scenes were the best I've seen with a unique clever storyline, not to mention Javier Bardem's sublime performance.

For me the Cohen brothers are more hit than miss, I loved Fargo, O brother, where art thou, Barton Fink, The Man who wasn't there and Miller's crossing. I hated The Big Lebowski and they also did the horrible remake of the classic Ealing work The Ladykillers
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:39 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
You either love or hate the Cohen brothers movies. They took a western, updated it for a modern audience and turned the usual formula for a western on it's head. Usually the good guy wins, the sheriff gets the bad guy and the hero rides off into the sunset with the money. Non of these things happened, in fact the opposite happened and the story was told in an imaginative way that made you pay attention and made you think rather than a typical western. The whole point of Tommy Lee Jones character is that he was retiring and was practically impotent as an officer of the law, he was also the antithesis of TLJ's usual characters where he hunts down the bad guy in a macho style with guns blazing.
The scene in the gas station was classic and some of the action scenes were the best I've seen with a unique clever storyline, not to mention Javier Bardem's sublime performance.

For me the Cohen brothers are more hit than miss, I loved Fargo, O brother, where art thou, Barton Fink, The Man who wasn't there and Miller's crossing. I hated The Big Lebowski and they also did the horrible remake of the classic Ealing work The Ladykillers
Lebowski was great...

The book of "No Country For Old Men" by Cormac McCarthy is very good - the dialogue is crackling. Makes the plot a little easier to follow - the Coens made the story darker and harder to fathom but added something too...
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:58 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Lebowski was great...

See there you go. I know it's got a cult following but I just couldn't get into it

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Jan 15th 2009 at 6:12 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

And the biggest pile of kack I have seen in a long time was "No Country for Old Men".....absolute rubbish !
That's a man's film, par excellence...

Watched Valkyrie tonight...Powerful movie...
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:24 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

i was asked to go see mama mia a while back, said i'd rather gouge my own eyes out with a spoon.

good russel crowe film......romper stomper, very old but excellent
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
i was asked to go see mama mia a while back, said i'd rather gouge my own eyes out with a spoon.

good russel crowe film......romper stomper, very old but excellent
Mamma Mia??? One of the stupidest films ever...
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:34 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Mamma Mia??? One of the stupidest films ever...
i'd assume so as i've never seen it, nor do i intend to
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i'd assume so as i've never seen it, nor do i intend to
I haven't either...
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:39 pm
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Confucius
I haven't either...
i knew you were a man of taste
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i knew you were a man of taste
Please...Don't stop...Continue...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.