British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Film 2009 onwards.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/film-2009-onwards-584451/)

BangleMan Jan 15th 2009 9:42 am

Film 2009 onwards....

Rather than people starting their own threads from time to time about films, I thought it may be beneficial to have one condensed thread, so feel free to chip in and recommend/slag off films herein…..

I watched ‘In Pursuit of Happyness' over the Christmas break, I don't mind telling you I was close to tears. I recommend it to all Dad's.

Ghost Town wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, lovely scenes of New York and was very funny in parts, plus I’m a Ricky Gervais fan anyway…

Also watched The X Files film again the other night, this time on BlueRay………..so I could perv over Gillian Anderson once again but in HD !!! :wub:

Oh yeah, some films that I’ll looking out for early this year...;

The Wrestler (Mickey Rourke)
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (Brad Pitt)

Madam Medusa Jan 15th 2009 9:49 am

Re: Film 2009 onwards....

changeling is great, angelina jolie looks amazing in it and is really good...

MM, xx

DaWarrior Jan 15th 2009 10:03 am

I really liked 'Body of Lies' and 'Taken' which was shown in the last quarter of 2008.

Also looking forward to 'The Wrestler' and 'Gran Torino' with Clint Eastwood.

BangleMan Jan 15th 2009 10:03 am

Had to sit through 'P.S. I love You' over Xmas, which was ok.....but at least I could sit there & drool over Hilary Swank. :thumbsup:

Certainly a transformation from how she looked in that brilliant film 'Million Dollar Baby', which I would recommend to anyone

Also, took my boys to see "Twilight" the teen vampire movie which I wasnt looking forward to, but which was actually very good !

Charismatic Jan 15th 2009 10:04 am

Slumdog Millionair - Worth a watch, very much a film "of the moment" I think. I have to confess to being one of those people that thinks as a rule the further a film is made from Hollywood the more interesting it is :).

To be honest I haven't seen any other memorable films this year so far :confused:.

MissDemeanor Jan 15th 2009 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7170950)
changeling is great, angelina jolie looks amazing in it and is really good...

MM, xx

Oh,i really want to see that.The trailers have all looked really good.
The Benjamin Button one looks good too.

Madam Medusa Jan 15th 2009 10:06 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7170997)
Had to sit through 'P.S. I love You' over Xmas, which was ok.....but at least I could sit there & drool over Hilary Swank.

awww...said it before, cried my eys out from start to finish, and such a fab soundtrack...

MM, xx

BangleMan Jan 15th 2009 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7171011)
awww...said it before, cried my eys out from start to finish, and such a fab soundtrack...

MM, xx

am sure it had nothing to do with the blokes' Irish accent, and so called good looks ...

Charismatic Jan 15th 2009 10:22 am

Originally Posted by DaWarrior (Post 7170993)
'Taken'

There seems to be a corralation between people who like that and "In Bruges" :). Not me though, I must have missed the point of it :(.

Madam Medusa Jan 15th 2009 10:28 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7171041)
am sure it had nothing to do with the blokes' Irish accent, and so called good looks ...

ohhh really, i hadn't noticed...

MM, xx

DaWarrior Jan 15th 2009 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 7171079)
There seems to be a corralation between people who like that and "In Bruges" :). Not me though, I must have missed the point of it :(.

Never saw 'In Bruges' though, but it was a different Liam Neeson in 'Taken'. Not your usual Shakesperean actor...

BangleMan Jan 15th 2009 10:44 am

And the biggest pile of kack I have seen in a long time was "No Country for Old Men".....absolute rubbish !

Spugsy Jan 15th 2009 10:45 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7171178)
And the biggest pile of kack I have seen in a long time was "No Country for Old Men".....absolute rubbish !

mate it was great, what you on about grandad?

Charismatic Jan 15th 2009 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7171182)

+1

Great film, though it did take me a little while to figure out the ending.

lionheart Jan 15th 2009 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7171182)

I am definitely with Spugsy on this one...a bloody great movie. As for A Pursuit of Happyness, didn't that come out two years ago? Absolute tosh in my view, although solid acting performances from WS and his boy.