Fillums....

Old May 28th 2009, 11:53 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fillums....

Originally Posted by Eva
I really really like him........
He was great in Moonstruck and Captain Corelli and he's a bit ditsy. Lovely

Moonstruck Ok - one of his earlier films I think, but he was SO wrong for Corelli. He just plays Nic Cage in everthing he does these days.

I think I'll watch Brief Encounter tonight. I bought the DVD last week and love the language and repressed emotions.

-
Old May 28th 2009, 11:57 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Meow;7612091]Moonstruck Ok - one of his earlier films I think, but he was SO wrong for Corelli. He just plays Nic Cage in everthing he does these days.

I think I'll watch Brief Encounter tonight. I bought the DVD last week and love the language and repressed emotions.

I liked him as Corelli-though John Hurt was really miscast.
Oh, Brief Encounter is on my list of 'best evers' on here way back??? Aug 07 I think.This thread has me actively looking for a copy of 'The Notebook' to watch this weekend.
Old May 28th 2009, 12:01 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Eva;7612108]
Originally Posted by Meow
Moonstruck Ok - one of his earlier films I think, but he was SO wrong for Corelli. He just plays Nic Cage in everthing he does these days.

I liked him as Corelli-though John Hurt was really miscast.
Oh, Brief Encounter is on my list of 'best evers' on here way back??? Aug 07 I think.This thread has me actively looking for a copy of 'The Notebook' to watch this weekend.

Brief Encounter is an absolute classic. I also got a triple bill of Pressburger & Powell films with David Niven.

Loved The Notebook, but don't forget the box of tissues!

-
Old May 28th 2009, 12:07 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Meow;7612120][QUOTE=Eva;7612108]

Brief Encounter is an absolute classic. I also got a triple bill of Pressburger & Powell films with David Niven.

Didn't David Niven have that 'je ne sais quoi' in bucket loads??
'Bring on the Empty Horses' - great title,great auto...
Old May 28th 2009, 12:09 pm
Bored liberal

[QUOTE=Eva;7612136][QUOTE=Meow;7612120]
Originally Posted by Eva

Didn't David Niven have that 'je ne sais quoi' in bucket loads??
'Bring on the Empty Horses' - great title,great auto...

I have always thought he was an absolute charmer, even from when I was very young. Lovely books and a new biography is being published. It is being serialised in The Sunday Times. Have you seen it?

-
Old May 28th 2009, 12:15 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Meow;7612144][QUOTE=Eva;7612136][QUOTE=Meow;7612120]

I have always thought he was an absolute charmer, even from when I was very young. Lovely books and a new biography is being published. It is being serialised in The Sunday Times. Have you seen it?

No.....but I will this weekend for sure and - will put the new biog on the birthday list.Thanks for that snippet.

Yes,he was charming- I can't think of a contemporary who is comprable.
Sure lots of talented eye candy about but this is a different quality, a
different level of attractiveness .....
Old May 28th 2009, 12:20 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Eva
No.....but I will this weekend for sure and - will put the new biog on the birthday list.Thanks for that snippet.

Yes,he was charming- I can't think of a contemporary who is comprable.
Sure lots of talented eye candy about but this is a different quality, a
different level of attractiveness .....
Completely understand where you are coming from. He was a gentleman. A rare quality these days.

Links to last two weeks extracts here:

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle6301055.ece

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle6349165.ece

Enjoy! x

-