British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Filipina/o Restaurants that sell Pork (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/filipina-o-restaurants-sell-pork-880283/)

IKnowNothing Jul 12th 2016 6:49 am

Filipina/o Restaurants that sell Pork

Anyone got any recommendations? Mate has his gf coming over and he's not got a clue. Preferably Satwa area?

DXBtoDOH Jul 12th 2016 6:52 am

Re: Filipina/o Restaurants that sell Pork

If it ain't in a hotel there ain't no pork.

I think you're out of luck.

There are a few in Satwa, just walk around till you see one. There's also another Filipino restaurant at Burjuman metro station, by the escalators leading up to BurJuman mall. The smell is always nasty, rather vinegarish, every time I pass it, but it always seemed decently filled with Pinoys.

IKnowNothing Jul 12th 2016 6:57 am

OK, NOT Satwa area - any offers?

iggle Jul 12th 2016 7:10 am

My "mate". LOL. You are going cheap

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 12th 2016 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 12000316)
You'll only get pork in the hotels.

I'd suggest looking at the Filippino nightclubs, especially in Bur Dubai/Karama.

N.

Karaoke bar in the Marco Polo (I think) called Kit E Kits or something. They're band and shit are pretty good and they do deals on towers of beer + plates of pork.

Been there plenty of times with groups (generally post brunch) and it's fun. Pork is off the chain.

MAV_DXB Jul 12th 2016 8:20 am

Club 7 in the Park Regis hotel (Bur Dubai) - do a nice Crispy Pata
Jules bar over at the Meridien Village used do to a nice Crispy Pata (haven't been there for a number of years now)

Burjuman you have a Jolly Bees and upstairs (same floor as Fitness First) there's a Filipino restaurant called Barrio Fiesta.
Next to the Spinneys opposite the Park Regis there's Max's restaurant.

Millhouse Jul 12th 2016 8:31 am

I'd go with Jules Bar for dinner, followed by Club 7 or Rockys at midnight/ 1am.

Not pinoy grub, but I'm sure a PF Chang would be appreciated.

DXBtoDOH Jul 12th 2016 8:49 am

The Filipinos in my office love PF Changs and that American tex mex place, Chilis.

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12000340)
I'd go with Jules Bar for dinner, followed by Club 7 or Rockys at midnight/ 1am.

Not pinoy grub, but I'm sure a PF Chang would be appreciated.

DXBtoDOH Jul 12th 2016 8:53 am

Was bored so looked up Jules Bar and one of the first links is for a tripadvisor review. Really like this man ;) at least he's honest, although I'm surprised that he assumes there are men with "good morals" :lol:

"We ended up there for the live music which is truly goodbut the place is not recommandable at all for men with good morals. All Le Méridien and Moreover Le Jules Bars is invaded by gorgeous hookers of every style that take the advantage of any slightest eye-contact to rush at yourself and start a short conversation that offers full body massage and any type of sexual service at good price. You refuse politely the first one, sharply the second and you leave the place angry and harassed after the third, while many blue collars seem to be in paradise, making the system run while they're away from home on heavy duties... Pitiful to be honest."

co durham boy Jul 12th 2016 9:14 am

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH (Post 12000351)
Was bored so looked up Jules Bar and one of the first links is for a tripadvisor review. Really like this man ;) at least he's honest, although I'm surprised that he assumes there are men with "good morals" :lol:

"We ended up there for the live music which is truly goodbut the place is not recommandable at all for men with good morals. All Le Méridien and Moreover Le Jules Bars is invaded by gorgeous hookers of every style that take the advantage of any slightest eye-contact to rush at yourself and start a short conversation that offers full body massage and any type of sexual service at good price. You refuse politely the first one, sharply the second and you leave the place angry and harassed after the third, while many blue collars seem to be in paradise, making the system run while they're away from home on heavy duties... Pitiful to be honest."

Been a hoop stretchers bar for years

Dubaiexile Jul 12th 2016 10:45 am

President hotel (Bur Dubai) has a Pinoy nightclub which serves beer and pork platters.

Not sure if Ratsky`s serves pork, but again another pinoy hang out place...full of office girls topping there income up though!

Dubaiexile Jul 12th 2016 10:52 am

https://foursquare.com/top-places/du...st-places-pork

IKnowNothing Jul 14th 2016 7:23 am

Ended up at Irish Village LOL

iggle Jul 14th 2016 8:09 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12002242)
Ended up at Irish Village LOL

Why have you moved on to filipino, i thought you were in to blacks

IKnowNothing Jul 14th 2016 8:21 am

Originally Posted by iggle (Post 12002280)
Why have you moved on to filipino, i thought you were in to blacks

No wonder Meow isn't best keen on you, fairly horrendous grammar and punctuation.

It's Filipina for female, Filipino for male, Pinoy for a group, also into, in to, finally I never said the request was for me, as I live in Abu Dhabi.