British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Fiji (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/fiji-895323/)

mission Apr 12th 2017 12:06 pm

Fiji

ok ok i know i am jumping around with my holiday destination lol....it's gone from New Zealand to Hawaii to Costa Rica (NZ was panned due to time of year and the others have been panned due to the flight route/airlines) and so now i'm thinking of Fiji.
Although Fiji is a good 30 or so hrs away i can get flights with Etihad with just 1 layover. In addition the time of year i wanna go (July) is perfect weather wise.
I have no clue which Island to stay on - anyone have any recommendations or even been? Muchas Gracias :)

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 12th 2017 12:20 pm

Re: Fiji

Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf?

Replace 'the boy' with Mission and 'wolf' with asked about every location and flight combinations and wanted to travel for a minimum of 3000hrs each way and have sun and have sea and have city and have dry and have rain and have curry and have beer and have fish and have culture and have cheap quality and have 7* but never went on holiday

Miss Ann Thrope Apr 12th 2017 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12227565)
ok ok i know i am jumping around with my holiday destination lol....it's gone from New Zealand to Hawaii to Costa Rica (NZ was panned due to time of year and the others have been panned due to the flight route/airlines) and so now i'm thinking of Fiji.
Although Fiji is a good 30 or so hrs away i can get flights with Etihad with just 1 layover. In addition the time of year i wanna go (July) is perfect weather wise.
I have no clue which Island to stay on - anyone have any recommendations or even been? Muchas Gracias :)

Mission holiday destination selection criteria:
- lots of sporty activities: check;
- lively nightlife: check;
- pleasant weather: check;
- virtually impossible to get there from Dubai in less than a week: double check...

mission Apr 12th 2017 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12227574)
Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf?

Replace 'the boy' with Mission and 'wolf' with asked about every location and flight combinations and wanted to travel for a minimum of 3000hrs each way and have sun and have sea and have city and have dry and have rain and have curry and have beer and have fish and have culture and have cheap quality and have 7* but never went on holiday

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope (Post 12227583)
Mission holiday destination selection criteria:
- lots of sporty activities: check;
- lively nightlife: check;
- pleasant weather: check;
- virtually impossible to get there from Dubai in less than a week: double check...

aww ma'an you guys are mean :( i look to you all with your sound wisdom and knowledge of the world around us and hence just picking your brains:):p

mission Apr 12th 2017 12:43 pm

i should actually edit my original post to
**its gone from New Zealand to Bali to Hawaii to Costa Rica (NZ was canned due to time of year, Bali was canned due to you lot putting me off and the other two have been canned due to the flight route/airlines) and so now i'm thinking of Fiji**

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 12th 2017 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12227601)
d the other two have been canned due to the flight route/airlines) and so now i'm thinking of Fiji**

Fiji is just as far, if not further? Surely it's going to get canned in about 30 posts?

Why not just go somewhere easier to get to?

jam25mack Apr 12th 2017 2:01 pm

I heard Bali is nice. Easy to get to too.

moneypenny20 Apr 12th 2017 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12227601)
i should actually edit my original post to
**its gone from New Zealand to Bali to Hawaii to Costa Rica (NZ was canned due to time of year, Bali was canned due to you lot putting me off and the other two have been canned due to the flight route/airlines) and so now i'm thinking of Fiji**

Fiji's lovely but it was only a three hour flight for us. Not sure I'd bother if it's going to take a lifetime to get to. :unsure: Not sure about nightlife, if it's described as lively it must have been somewhere different to where we were. :lol:

BEVS Apr 13th 2017 2:23 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12227653)
Fiji's lovely but it was only a three hour flight for us. Not sure I'd bother if it's going to take a lifetime to get to. :unsure: Not sure about nightlife, if it's described as lively it must have been somewhere different to where we were. :lol:

I thought that .

mission Apr 13th 2017 6:59 am

oh boy *sigh*

jam25mack Apr 13th 2017 7:19 am

Muscat?

BEVS Apr 13th 2017 7:22 am

Queenstown !

It might be July and in winter but it would be a whole lot of fun.

Charl01 Apr 13th 2017 8:03 am

The rate you are going I suggest you have a look at Gotham City , who knows maybe you get to meet Batman....
#justsaying

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 13th 2017 8:10 am

Go to Cornwall or Majorca or Tuscany or the Algarve and stop dicking around.

mission Apr 13th 2017 8:21 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12228244)
Muscat?

Done it

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12228245)
Queenstown !

It might be July and in winter but it would be a whole lot of fun.

Everyone's been saying July is not the right time of year to go to NZ - when you say 'winter' how cold we talking?

Originally Posted by Charl01 (Post 12228266)
The rate you are going I suggest you have a look at Gotham City , who knows maybe you get to meet Batman....
#justsaying

:(

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12228272)
Go to Cornwall or Majorca or Tuscany or the Algarve and stop dicking around.

don't fancy any of those