Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

FIFA Arrests - Qatar WC under threat?

FIFA Arrests - Qatar WC under threat?

Old Jun 4th 2015, 11:49 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FIFA Arrests - Qatar WC under threat?

Originally Posted by Millhouse
there isn't time to take that one away.
Or they don't want to upset the madman Putin.........
Old Jun 4th 2015, 12:02 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Even though I didn't watch it I was rather hoping that Russia would win Eurovision so that they would have to host what my gay mates refer to as the "Gay World Cup".

That would make Putin squirm as I doubt he'll ever get out of that closet.
Old Jun 5th 2015, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Even though I didn't watch it I was rather hoping that Russia would win Eurovision so that they would have to host what my gay mates refer to as the "Gay World Cup".

Hahaha..it's too obvious, isn't it....
Old Jun 6th 2015, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Jollyjerm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow

LOL ... nice.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
there isn't time to take that one away.
Course there is.

The Brazilians didn't really do much until about 2-3 years before their WC.

Also if it went to a European holder (UK, Germany, Holland, Spain etc etc) then pretty much everything would already be in place. All that would be need would be a surface clean and stuffing things in drawers so it looks good.
Old Oct 28th 2015, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

Looks like Blatter is going down all guns blazing by saying it had been decided prior to vote that 2018 would go to Russia and 2022 to USA for 2022. He has then thrown Platini under the bus by saying that Platini wanted out to be Qatar after discussions with the Qatari crown prince!

So much more will come out now I reckon

I would also expect all countries that bid and spent fortunes on bids, that would never win will sue FIFA. They have now admitted they would never have won the vote and that it was rigged. I don't expect FIFA will survive and I doubt that Qatar will have a chance of hosting the WC in 2022 if FIFA do manage to survive
Old Oct 28th 2015, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Of the candidates to replace Blatter, Tokyo Sexwale would be my choice...
Old Oct 29th 2015, 7:29 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pongo
Of the candidates to replace Blatter, Tokyo Sexwale would be my choice...
I think I met her one night in Roppongi...
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 4:16 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

This was tucked away in a corner of the Fail (I know, I know):

3rd December 2015

FIFA vice-presidents arrested in dawn raid on five-star Zurich hotel over alleged bribes worth millions

Two FIFA vice-presidents are in custody in Switzerland after they were arrested on suspicion of 'having received bribes of millions of dollars' in a dawn raid on Zurich's Baur au Lac hotel.

Sources inside FIFA say as many as 16 football officials may be arrested, or have already been arrested, on Thursday in the latest purge of football corruption by the US Department of Justice.

FIFA vice-presidents Alfredo Hawit of Honduras and Juan Angel Napout of Paraguay are the two men widely identified as being arrested at 6am on orders issued by the Swiss Federal Office of Justice on behalf of the US DoJ. Both are opposing their extradition to the States.

FIFA vice-presidents arrested in Zurich over alleged bribes | Daily Mail Online
Old Dec 4th 2015, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

If I was a FIFA official I'd be staying out of that Baur au Lac hotel, that's twice now, very bad luck.