British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Ferguson Retired. Greatest manager ever? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/ferguson-retired-greatest-manager-ever-796374/)

britexpat76 May 8th 2013 8:28 am

Ferguson Retired. Greatest manager ever?

It has been confirmed.

Though I cannot see if its public yet....

mikewot May 8th 2013 8:31 am

Re: Ferguson Retired. Greatest manager ever?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22447018

Blue Cat May 8th 2013 8:33 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10697614)
It has been confirmed.

Though I cannot see if its public yet....

been public a few hours

Sandboy May 8th 2013 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10697621)
been public a few hours

only rumours unless he tweeted you first ;) , United just confirmed it

without a doubt the greatest ever, what he did will never be repeated. Saw off all comers eventually, Liverpool, Leeds, Arsenal, newcastle, Chelsea, City all tried and failed and he finishes on top. He'll be a miss but it'll make things on the pitch very interesting

scrubbedexpat141 May 8th 2013 8:41 am

Bob Paisley been touted as a rival for greatest.

Not sure, Fergie been there so long and has changed with the times to keep winning. Unbelievable Jeff.

Makes them a more normal club now, manager issues - the one thing they've not had to deal with in forever.

MOurinho to take it, Ronaldo to follow. Dominance to continue.

Dumbo May 8th 2013 8:44 am

What a pleasant surprise on this Wednesday lunch time.

The_Citizen May 8th 2013 8:45 am

As a city fan it begrudges it for me to say but he is the best manager I have ever seen. Very very very happy that he has gone!

Without a doubt the best premiership manager not sure about greatest manager ever though.

britexpat76 May 8th 2013 8:46 am

And to think he was probably 1 game away from being sacked 26/27 years ago. I thought he was useless originally.

The_Citizen May 8th 2013 8:47 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10697646)
And to think he was probably 1 game away from being sacked 26/27 years ago. I thought he was useless originally.

How different things could have been!

britexpat76 May 8th 2013 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10697636)
Bob Paisley been touted as a rival for greatest.

Not sure, Fergie been there so long and has changed with the times to keep winning. Unbelievable Jeff.

Makes them a more normal club now, manager issues - the one thing they've not had to deal with in forever.

MOurinho to take it, Ronaldo to follow. Dominance to continue.

I don't think anyone anywhere has won more trophies. Ultimately that must decide the greatest manager?

Blue Cat May 8th 2013 8:56 am

I always get a bad vibe from the man, if he had been around in the 70's on the telly then I am guessing he would be getting interviewed

scrubbedexpat141 May 8th 2013 9:01 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10697649)
I don't think anyone anywhere has won more trophies. Ultimately that must decide the greatest manager?

Yeah, tough one to call isn't it....which is partly why I can't see a trophy-less Moyes taking over.

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10697657)
I always get a bad vibe from the man, if he had been around in the 70's on the telly then I am guessing he would be getting interviewed

Oh yeah, the man can act like a massive **** when he wants. BBC slated his son in a doc and he refused to talk to them for ages (think he does now?)

britexpat76 May 8th 2013 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10697662)
Yeah, tough one to call isn't it....which is partly why I can't see a trophy-less Moyes taking over.

Oh yeah, the man can act like a massive **** when he wants. BBC slated his son in a doc and he refused to talk to them for ages (think he does now?)

Yup, for years he sent his assistant to do the match of the day interviews. Last year or 2 he started doing them again.

the_red_sheep May 8th 2013 9:13 am

Absolute, proper legend, without a doubt the best manager ever in my book.

Whilst he was prickly with the media, and came away with a lot of fairly robust statements over the years, much of that was calculated on his part. Also, never heard of him being anything other than a gentlemen with non-playing staff, fans etc.

Bahtatboy May 8th 2013 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10697636)

MOurinho to take it

Please please please no :(