Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Feline Friends Open Day Friday 8th May

Feline Friends Open Day Friday 8th May

Old May 7th 2009, 2:18 pm
  #1  
Bored liberal
Thread Starter
 
Meow's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Over there ----->
Posts: 13,704
Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Feline Friends Open Day Friday 8th May

Adopt a cat day. Al Safa Vetinary Clinic.

2.00 -4.00pm
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
FF open day 08.05.09.pdf (244.1 KB, 102 views)
Meow is offline  
Old May 7th 2009, 2:28 pm
  #2  
Powered by cows
 
Autonomy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: currently Dubai, ex UK
Posts: 4,581
Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feline Friends Open Day Friday 8th May

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Adopt a cat day. Al Safa Vetinary Clinic.

2.00 -4.00pm
Thanks for posting that - if anyone is thinking of getting a cat - please go down, FF are over run with cats right now, there will be loads to choose from...

Give one a home!
Autonomy is offline  
Old May 9th 2009, 3:53 pm
  #3  
Concierge
 
Blue Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 29,625
Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feline Friends Open Day Friday 8th May

Originally Posted by Autonomy View Post
Thanks for posting that - if anyone is thinking of getting a cat - please go down, FF are over run with cats right now, there will be loads to choose from...

Give one a home!
I hear 26 were rehomed but there are still over a hundred looking for homes
Blue Cat is offline  
Old May 10th 2009, 6:27 am
  #4  
Powered by cows
 
Autonomy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: currently Dubai, ex UK
Posts: 4,581
Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feline Friends Open Day Friday 8th May

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
I hear 26 were rehomed but there are still over a hundred looking for homes
Correct - 26 was a great result - only 5 were homed the previous one. They still are over run and still can't take on more until they home more...
Autonomy is offline  
Old May 10th 2009, 6:29 am
  #5  
Concierge
 
Blue Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 29,625
Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feline Friends Open Day Friday 8th May

Originally Posted by Autonomy View Post
Correct - 26 was a great result - only 5 were homed the previous one. They still are over run and still can't take on more until they home more...
I know it is so sad, if I get a villa I might be able to help more. My friend rehomed a kitten on Friday via FF.
Blue Cat is offline  
Old May 10th 2009, 6:32 am
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
Sky Blue's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 587
Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of
Default Re: Feline Friends Open Day Friday 8th May

Shouldn't there be some sort of cull of the numerous amount of wild kitties knocking around?

Tie their bollox together?
Sky Blue is offline  
Old May 10th 2009, 6:43 am
  #7  
Bored liberal
Thread Starter
 
Meow's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Over there ----->
Posts: 13,704
Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feline Friends Open Day Friday 8th May

Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
Shouldn't there be some sort of cull of the numerous amount of wild kitties knocking around?

Tie their bollox together?
Charming.

You are likely to see a lot of cats with the top of one ear missing. This is to show that they have been sterilised. A few more responsible owners might help too.

-
Meow is offline  
Old May 10th 2009, 7:32 am
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
Sky Blue's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 587
Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of
Default Re: Feline Friends Open Day Friday 8th May

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Charming.

You are likely to see a lot of cats with the top of one ear missing. This is to show that they have been sterilised. A few more responsible owners might help too.

-

Well to be honest there are a lot of stray cats and I noticed about three dead ones over the weekend... Yes responsible owners and less little kittens fending for themeselves...
Sky Blue is offline  
Old May 10th 2009, 10:00 am
  #9  
Powered by cows
 
Autonomy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: currently Dubai, ex UK
Posts: 4,581
Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feline Friends Open Day Friday 8th May

Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
Well to be honest there are a lot of stray cats and I noticed about three dead ones over the weekend... Yes responsible owners and less little kittens fending for themeselves...
It would help if the inhumane idiot expats that ponsed over her for 6 months and thought it would be great to have a couple of little kittens and then were made redundant, up sticks and dump the poor cats on the hot street with no street sense at all. They will most likely die a poor death just because some twat got made redundant and forgot all morals and obligations...

you have NO idea how many cats in distress for EXACTLY this selfish reason are picked up and tried to find a home for.

The main problem is not "street cats" but "house cats" that are dumped.
Autonomy is offline  
Old May 10th 2009, 10:01 am
  #10  
Concierge
 
Blue Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 29,625
Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feline Friends Open Day Friday 8th May

Originally Posted by Autonomy View Post
It would help if the inhumane idiot expats that ponsed over her for 6 months and thought it would be great to have a couple of little kittens and then were made redundant, up sticks and dump the poor cats on the hot street with no street sense at all. They will most likely die a poor death just because some twat got made redundant and forgot all morals and obligations...

you have NO idea how many cats in distress for EXACTLY this selfish reason are picked up and tried to find a home for.

The main problem is not "street cats" but "house cats" that are dumped.
I have one residing with me at present, beautiful cat she is, pure bred, dumped at the Green Community. I reckon her owner probably did a runner.
Blue Cat is offline  
Old May 10th 2009, 10:16 am
  #11  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,028
lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feline Friends Open Day Friday 8th May

Originally Posted by Autonomy View Post
The main problem is not "street cats" but "house cats" that are dumped.
So what's the solution then? Voluntary euthenasia? Some expats do try and help by offering a home but then lose their jobs. If they hadn't tried to look after them in the first place, where would the cats have been? We have a regular cat in our neighborhood left behind by a Syrian family three years ago but is still thriving nicely. We call him Chubby because its so well fed, it seems. Not all dumped cats end up dead, although most do have to accept a definite fall in living standards.
lionheart is offline  
Old May 10th 2009, 12:07 pm
  #12  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,287
admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feline Friends Open Day Friday 8th May

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
So what's the solution then? Voluntary euthenasia? Some expats do try and help by offering a home but then lose their jobs. If they hadn't tried to look after them in the first place, where would the cats have been? We have a regular cat in our neighborhood left behind by a Syrian family three years ago but is still thriving nicely. We call him Chubby because its so well fed, it seems. Not all dumped cats end up dead, although most do have to accept a definite fall in living standards.
Problem is, most domestic cats are just that - domesticated.

They are no match for the local ferals who are used to eeking out their lives from whatever they can get.
Ferals will more often than not attack 'newcomers' to their territory - they are looking after their own livelihood and cannot afford to share.

Unfortuantely, if the situation of domestic cats being dumped increases much further (and it is likely to at the end of June), euthanasia will be the most humane thing for those that can't be found homes, as sad as that is.
admon is offline  
Old May 10th 2009, 1:08 pm
  #13  
Bored liberal
Thread Starter
 
Meow's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Over there ----->
Posts: 13,704
Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feline Friends Open Day Friday 8th May

I never cease to be amazed by the selfish bastards that take on a cat (or dog for that matter), look after it for several years, then just leave it behind without a second thought. Surely an animal is part of your family and you take it with you when you move? Un-*****ing-belivable.

-
Meow is offline  
Old May 11th 2009, 3:58 am
  #14  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,287
admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feline Friends Open Day Friday 8th May

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
I never cease to be amazed by the selfish bastards that take on a cat (or dog for that matter), look after it for several years, then just leave it behind without a second thought. Surely an animal is part of your family and you take it with you when you move? Un-*****ing-belivable.

-
Fairydust?
admon is offline  
Old May 11th 2009, 4:07 am
  #15  
Concierge
 
Blue Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 29,625
Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feline Friends Open Day Friday 8th May

Originally Posted by admon View Post
Fairydust?
Blue Cat is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.