British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Favourite weekend lunch (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/favourite-weekend-lunch-799473/)

silversilver Jun 8th 2013 10:48 am

Favourite weekend lunch

Today after a late night out I decided that a healthy lunch was the way to go and that I would order sushi from the 'Sushi Counter'. Fatal error - cue one hour and ten minutes later and the doorbell eventually rings with my delivery man clutching a small box and demanding 57 dhs for the delights inside.

It was a poor show - 12 small cold sushi rolls and I am in mourning for what could have been ..........

A subway
A KFC
An Oregano Presto Pizza

Can you tell I've just had a rubbish lunch and
that the karma of my slobbing day has been ruined?

flares Jun 8th 2013 11:24 am

Re: Favourite weekend lunch

This week I have mostly been eating at Pizza Express, Just Felafel and Shake Shack. Healthy-ish options on the menus though

britexpat76 Jun 8th 2013 11:40 am

Originally Posted by silversilver (Post 10746908)
Today after a late night out I decided that a healthy lunch was the way to go and that I would order sushi from the 'Sushi Counter'. Fatal error - cue one hour and ten minutes later and the doorbell eventually rings with my delivery man clutching a small box and demanding 57 dhs for the delights inside.

It was a poor show - 12 small cold sushi rolls and I am in mourning for what could have been ..........

A subway
A KFC
An Oregano Presto Pizza

3 KFC chicken strips (Original) dipped in the mash potato and gravy. Best 15 chips I have spent in the last 24 hours.

MAV_DXB Jun 8th 2013 12:06 pm

I had chicken wings and a few beers at Hooters for my lunch :)

shiva Jun 8th 2013 1:06 pm

Bibimbap at social house today. Bloody tasty highly recommend it

silversilver Jun 8th 2013 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 10747022)
Bibimbap at social house today. Bloody tasty highly recommend it

What is it? I love the Nasi Goreng at Social House.

Blue Cat Jun 9th 2013 4:05 am

Originally Posted by silversilver (Post 10746908)

A subway
A KFC
An Oregano Presto Pizza

I assume you mean delivery only? Kebab Shop :) or my local Iranian Caspian in Al Barsha :thumbsup:

Kix Jun 9th 2013 5:20 am

Pizza and a beer at Jockeys...

mentalist Jun 9th 2013 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10747859)
Pizza and a beer at Jockeys...

Parking is a nightmare at that place. Also, trying to avoid the girls can be tiresome. How do you manage it?

Kix Jun 9th 2013 7:01 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10747898)
Parking is a nightmare at that place. Also, trying to avoid the girls can be tiresome. How do you manage it?

There's loads of parking, but I get a taxi if i'm having a few beers. We never get bothered by the girls cos we're regulars!

Kix Jun 9th 2013 7:16 am

Did the Park Regis (along from Rockbottom opposite Spinneys in Bur Dubai) on Friday, 1-6pm AED220, really, really good, brilliant seafood, huge prawns, massive cheeseboard and to say the drinks never stopped flowing would be an understatement. 19th floor, Kris with a view restaurant.

Highly recommended.

The Dean Jun 9th 2013 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10747913)
Did the Park Regis (along from Rockbottom opposite Spinneys in Bur Dubai) on Friday, 1-6pm AED220, really, really good, brilliant seafood, huge prawns, massive cheeseboard and to say the drinks never stopped flowing would be an understatement. 19th floor, Kris with a view restaurant.

Highly recommended.

I love it up there - one of the undiscovered secrets of Dubai.

I did the Friday brunch at Mizaan (at the Monarch Hotel or whatever it's called this week) by WTC roundabout. Surprisingly good, and very pleasant non-pisshead atmosphere........... :thumbup:

mentalist Jun 9th 2013 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10747905)
There's loads of parking, but I get a taxi if i'm having a few beers. We never get bothered by the girls cos we're regulars!

Whenever I drive by the Panorama Hotel, the handful of paid parking slots are invariably full. There is a desert carpark nearby but it costs a small fortune I believe. Even the Booking.com reviewers complain about the inadequate parking at that particular hotel, not just me. So what's your secret? Parking outside Al Khaleej Centre, perhaps?

shiva Jun 9th 2013 8:34 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10747980)
Whenever I drive by the Panorama Hotel, the handful of paid parking slots are invariably full. There is a desert carpark nearby but it costs a small fortune I believe. Even the Booking.com reviewers complain about the inadequate parking at that particular hotel, not just me. So what's your secret? Parking outside Al Khaleej Centre, perhaps?

So you derive any pleasure from life at all?

Kix Jun 9th 2013 8:35 am

The car park behind is 5dhs/hour, as is the one next door, there are plenty of paid spaces (AED2/hour) on the road behind, then a 30 second walk.