Favourite quiet time

Old Nov 29th 2018, 2:35 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Favourite quiet time

ive been popping on and off this site less frequently lately due to work pressure and traveling but quite enjoy reading and contributing to threads (very occasionally).

Currently sat in my local with my dog beside me. Finished the days eMails from time zones behind me and then have a browse around some websites etc. maybe it’s my age, but apart from time with Mrs Shed and the little sheds, I realized I really enjoy my time alone thinking,reading and enjoying my own company.

Is this just just an age thing or am I becoming introvert. I spend all of my life meeting business associates and challenging my staff. See mates at weekends but due to my life, I spend vastly more time talking to strangers in hotels and on planes.

I dont one think I have any problems at all and am comfortable with my life just wondered where you guys are most happy.
Old Nov 29th 2018, 2:59 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite quiet time

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that people who travel a lot for work become a little like that. Independent and happy in their own company, due to being surrounded by a lot of superficial relationships or passing through people's lives rather than living them side by side. I think that movie 'Up in the Air' captures that sensation well.

Psychoanalysis over, I'm going to say I'm happiest doing something new - doesn't matter what. Middle age ennui is real
Old Dec 1st 2018, 9:47 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere a long time ago that 'There is a difference between being alone and lonely'. Sort of stuck with me since as I love being alone but am rarely lonely. I don't mind the occasional get together and have a few cold ones and laugh around but in the past few years have caught myself looking forward to the alone time I get to spend after everyone has gone to sleep. I must admit my reading graph has gone down to almost zero though, I have SO many books lined up that I want to start but cant find myself starting that hobby again. I blame the daily barrage of online texts / websites / articles / emails thrown at me for my apathy (apparent) towards written words now. I dont even know if that makes sense, just a rant! Blah, its the long weekend and I just want to eat some chinese I think
Old Dec 4th 2018, 4:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I used to never, ever been comfortable in my own company for long periods, I could now manage but I was far more likely to go out of my way to be around people than be alone.

Now I'm less concerned on my own. No, I don't enjoy it but I deal with it and get on with it....It's something I've worked on a fair bit but would struggle with full time like so many people do. What is perhaps slightly more dangerous / fantastic is that I notice the missus and I need nobody else, we're happy just us and our circle of friends is very small.

If left alone for too long my mind can run and the anxiety creeps in. Then you're ****ed.
Old Dec 4th 2018, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I used to never, ever been comfortable in my own company for long periods, I could now manage but I was far more likely to go out of my way to be around people than be alone.

Now I'm less concerned on my own. No, I don't enjoy it but I deal with it and get on with it....It's something I've worked on a fair bit but would struggle with full time like so many people do. What is perhaps slightly more dangerous / fantastic is that I notice the missus and I need nobody else, we're happy just us and our circle of friends is very small.

If left alone for too long my mind can run and the anxiety creeps in. Then you're ****ed.
I've always been ok in my own company...even as a young kid but that's probably as I'm a lot younger than my brother and we never liked each other.
I'm happy reading, watching people, or just chilling with the dog. Love the wife and being around her, but love it also when we have space. I never ever get bored and always find stuff to do.
Old Dec 5th 2018, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm an only child so kind of an Olympic champion in keeping yourself entertained . I've always been happy to do things alone , being away from your home environment for years on end conditions you to that whether it's hotels , train stations , airports , dodgy bedsits or sat in boozers that are rougher than a junkies carpet .

You get a sense of fulfillment in not having to have people around you and then you kind of crave that bit of time alone .
Old Dec 5th 2018, 5:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Sometimes it's very easy to be alone....Like when you're in a bar and someone looks at you and smiles and they have that 50yr old, bored, shit stories, half-cut, divorced and drinking themselves to death sort of look about them. Oh god, they're terrifying. I used to think it was fun to get chatting to random people in pubs but 9/10 they're ****ing bellends.... the 1/10 they aren't, it's you.
Old Dec 5th 2018, 5:28 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Complete quiet and a good book preferably with a pusscat pet close by.
Old Dec 5th 2018, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes it's very easy to be alone....Like when you're in a bar and someone looks at you and smiles and they have that 50yr old, bored, shit stories, half-cut, divorced and drinking themselves to death sort of look about them. Oh god, they're terrifying. I used to think it was fun to get chatting to random people in pubs but 9/10 they're ****ing bellends.... the 1/10 they aren't, it's you.
I think the worlds full of those people mate , the characters are dying off now . Ultimately replaced by 20 something's in their lasses jeans , white plimsoles and a hunger for Nando's .

Grade A Whoppers !
Old Dec 5th 2018, 9:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I think the worlds full of those people mate , the characters are dying off now . Ultimately replaced by 20 something's in their lasses jeans , white plimsoles and a hunger for Nando's .

Grade A Whoppers !
I went to Barasti on Saturday and have never felt so old, boring and tidily dressed.
Old Dec 5th 2018, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Favourite quiet time

I went to Barasti on Saturday and have never felt so old, boring and tidily dressed.

Tell me about. Although on another forum a random guy was telling me to "remember where i came from" when i said i wasn't a fan of Barasti! He was just the sort of bloke that would drink in there and most women of my age would avoid like the plague
Old Dec 5th 2018, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Favourite quiet time

Grade A Whoppers !
Skinny short trousers, no socks, loafers and scoop neck t shirts
Old Dec 5th 2018, 11:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by reddiva
Tell me about. Although on another forum a random guy was telling me to "remember where i came from" when i said i wasn't a fan of Barasti! He was just the sort of bloke that would drink in there and most women of my age would avoid like the plague
Jesus wept.

I don't avoid the place, I just rarely go as I live the other end of town. It can be a great place but post-rugby-7s on a long weekend Saturday is not one of the times it can be considered pleasant.
Old Dec 5th 2018, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by reddiva
Skinny short trousers, no socks, loafers and scoop neck t shirts
Cheap loafers as well , it's like a designated toss pots uniform . Also don't forget the inspirational tattooed quote on the rib cage and their love of yacht parties and all day Zero Gravity days out where 35 geezers sit on a bean bag and drink 6 bottles of Corona
Old Dec 6th 2018, 3:52 am
Account Closed

Cheap loafers as well , it's like a designated toss pots uniform . Also don't forget the inspirational tattooed quote on the rib cage and their love of yacht parties and all day Zero Gravity days out where 35 geezers sit on a bean bag and drink 6 bottles of Corona
Not just the quote, but a whole sleeve of indistinguishable scribbles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.