Fast food calories

Old Jan 19th 2008, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fast food calories

Originally Posted by The Dean
If you're nice to me.......

....... I'll show you my scar on Thursday night.........
wow, your scar and dominic's tattoos...sounds like thursday will be my lucky night, lol...

MM, xx
Old Jan 19th 2008, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
wow, your scar and dominic's tattoos...sounds like thursday will be my lucky night, lol...

MM, xx
and I might show you my......! Damn it! nothing interesting to show
Old Jan 19th 2008, 7:46 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

The "diet" isn't really a diet as such - you can eat plenty of the 'right' things.

Atkins is brilliant - IF you stick to it strictly and follow the programme laid down in the book.

The trouble is - people realise during the Induction phase that weight is just disappearing before their very eyes, so some idiots stay on that phase too long instead of phasing themselves back into the normal balanced diet which is what you SHOULD do.

He did have a heart condition at one stage (same thing Tony Blair had, I believe), but nothing to do with diet - he was born with it (trust me - I'm an expert on all things cardiac.....!!!).
Would Atkins suit someone with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation? Many people have recommended the Paleo diet for that, which is a bit like Atkins in that all complex, processed carbs are prohibited.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Would Atkins suit someone with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation? Many people have recommended the Paleo diet for that, which is a bit like Atkins in that all complex, processed carbs are prohibited.
Good question - I'm a sufferer myself, up to a point. I'll look into that.

Most people on the Atkins regime experience lower cholesterol and lower blood pressure (assuming they were high) but I'm not familiar with Paleo.

I'll get back to you.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:51 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Good question - I'm a sufferer myself, up to a point. I'll look into that.

Most people on the Atkins regime experience lower cholesterol and lower blood pressure (assuming they were high) but I'm not familiar with Paleo.

I'll get back to you.
I've been an AF sufferer for more than 7 years. I hate it. I am hoping to go for an ablation soon, but I know there are many who've been able to control it through diet.

The Paleo diet is often called the Caveman diet. It's basic premise is to eat what we were originally designed to eat before agriculture came along, i.e. meat, fruit & veg, nuts, berries, etc.

I'd be interested in your thoughts.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I've been an AF sufferer for more than 7 years. I hate it. I am hoping to go for an ablation soon, but I know there are many who've been able to control it through diet.

The Paleo diet is often called the Caveman diet. It's basic premise is to eat what we were originally designed to eat before agriculture came along, i.e. meat, fruit & veg, nuts, berries, etc.

I'd be interested in your thoughts.
AF controlled through diet? LMAO. Never heard of that. Cut out the alcohol if that's the cause. (Alcohol consumption is a common cause of Saturday-night AF!!)
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

After following LighterLife ( and losing five stones in the process ) I was really wanting to make sure I didn't put the weight back on. In the meantime, my other half came across an eating plan known as Eat Right For Your Type. she was recommended it by a friend who has very bad arthritis, and after following the plan, found that she became less and less reliant upon the prescribed pain killers and also lost a LOT of weight.

Its based on your blood type, and works on the principle that we are just a little different to each other, and so one type of eating plan may not work for everyone. His research - Dr Peter D'Adamo - led to a book Eat Right For Your Type. It lists the types of foods which are more beneficial for each blood type.

As I'm on O Blood type, my diet should consist mainly of protein and fewer carbs. I also need to exercise more so than other types. So far its helped to maintain my weight for a few months and seems to be working. I've given up eating wheat and wheat based products and have also stopped eating dairy products . I use spelt and soya respectively.

If you're interested, go to the web site or get the book!

http://www.4yourtype.com/
Old Jan 19th 2008, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

the bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to behold

there is a book called eat and be happy, the author is pierre marion.
it is a very good book, if you can get hold of it, it explains all about fads and the like, how to eat healthy, how to digest food correctly, most eating disorder's are caused through not chewing enough.
when i was a child many year's ago my grandparent's told us to chew 20 times before swallowing, no obesity then,
reading the book and following his guide i lost 3 stone over a period of 6 months,
but as the dean said below the atkins diet was a good diet if followed correctly, the main problems were so many carbohydrates taken in with each meal, and instead of a nice walk or gentle excercise people just lounged watching tv, so it did cause some problems.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:02 am
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
AF controlled through diet? LMAO. Never heard of that. Cut out the alcohol if that's the cause. (Alcohol consumption is a common cause of Saturday-night AF!!)
I've read a lot of info about it and some AF forums (moderated by doctors) where people are indeed controlling it with diet and supplementation. There is a school of thought that says AF is caused by electrolyte imbalances (low potassium particularly).

My first episode came on after a weekend of drinking vodka and red bull (never touch the stuff now) and taking caffeine tablets (first child had just been born and I wasn't getting much sleep), but nowadays it is generally triggered by a combination of stress, tiredness and acid reflux, especially if I partake in late night munchies!
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I've read a lot of info about it and some AF forums (moderated by doctors) where people are indeed controlling it with diet and supplementation. There is a school of thought that says AF is caused by electrolyte imbalances (low potassium particularly).

My first episode came on after a weekend of drinking vodka and red bull (never touch the stuff now) and taking caffeine tablets (first child had just been born and I wasn't getting much sleep), but nowadays it is generally triggered by a combination of stress, tiredness and acid reflux, especially if I partake in late night munchies!
Yes...caffeine and alcohol are the main contributors....poor you!!
Low potassium can cause it. However, who has low potassium? Certainly not people on a normal-ish diet who are not taking any medications.

I obviously mis-interpreted your original post....I thought that it was only the lines of ""eating brussel sprouts will cure your AF"
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:39 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
After following LighterLife ( and losing five stones in the process ) I was really wanting to make sure I didn't put the weight back on. In the meantime, my other half came across an eating plan known as Eat Right For Your Type. she was recommended it by a friend who has very bad arthritis, and after following the plan, found that she became less and less reliant upon the prescribed pain killers and also lost a LOT of weight.

Its based on your blood type, and works on the principle that we are just a little different to each other, and so one type of eating plan may not work for everyone. His research - Dr Peter D'Adamo - led to a book Eat Right For Your Type. It lists the types of foods which are more beneficial for each blood type.

As I'm on O Blood type, my diet should consist mainly of protein and fewer carbs. I also need to exercise more so than other types. So far its helped to maintain my weight for a few months and seems to be working. I've given up eating wheat and wheat based products and have also stopped eating dairy products . I use spelt and soya respectively.

If you're interested, go to the web site or get the book!

http://www.4yourtype.com/
I followed the Peter D'Adamo system for a few months about 8 years ago. It does work, but probably because you end up cutting out certain food types. Also a bit tricky if you & your partner are different blood types.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 12:04 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

eat less do more....its not complicated

or the dubai version

eat more, eat some more again, then do **** all
Old Jan 20th 2008, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
eat less do more....its not complicated

or the dubai version

eat more, eat some more again, then do **** all
Is that what's known as "The F Plan"?
Old Jan 20th 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I followed the Peter D'Adamo system for a few months about 8 years ago. It does work, but probably because you end up cutting out certain food types. Also a bit tricky if you & your partner are different blood types.
Yes, fair point, its a good thing that me and the other half are the same blood types, otherwise as you say, it would be a lot trickier.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
You're supposed to drink each other's blood???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.