British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Which famous chef as your personal chef? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/famous-chef-your-personal-chef-703078/)

Meow Jan 31st 2011 9:37 am

Which famous chef as your personal chef?

This follow from a conversation I had with friends a while ago. If you could employ a famous/TV chef to cook for you each day who would it be?

We reckoned that whilst those with Michelin stars would be all well and good would you want to eat like that every day? Would Heston's food really be as interesting if you ate it every day?

On the premise that it's a daily thing my short-list is Jamie Oliver or Rick Stein.

How about you?

Millhouse Jan 31st 2011 9:45 am

Re: Which famous chef as your personal chef?

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9141156)
This follow from a conversation I had with friends a while ago. If you could employ a famous/TV chef to cook for you each day who would it be?

We reckoned that whilst those with Michelin stars would be all well and good would you want to eat like that every day? Would Heston's food really be as interesting if you ate it every day?

On the premise that it's a daily thing my short-list is Jamie Oliver or Rick Stein.

How about you?

Nigella Lawson and Ronald Mcdonald

Ethos83 Jan 31st 2011 9:47 am

Nigella Lawson.

Giada de Laurentiis (from the US Food Network. Google her and you'll see why).

She's dead but I think the best chef to cook for you and eat with you would be Julia Child.

Meow Jan 31st 2011 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 9141175)
Nigella Lawson.

Giada de Laurentiis (from the US Food Network. Google her and you'll see why).

She's dead but I think the best chef to cook for you and eat with you would be Julia Child.

I think that Giarda de Laurentiis is freaky looking. Can't watch her.

Eat with you? One doesn't eat with the hired help Ethos.

Avarice Jan 31st 2011 9:58 am

gordon ramsey is my hero :o

Autonomy Jan 31st 2011 10:06 am

How about you?

Good question and good choices.

I think mine could be Nigel Slater (maybe Gary Rhodes)

shiva Jan 31st 2011 10:11 am

got to be heston as its an approach to cooking perfection. whilst famous for the oddball stuff his main driving force isnt the oddities but the spectacularly well cooked. gotta be a winner for that reason.

2nd and thrid would be rhodes and locatelli

MataHari Jan 31st 2011 10:14 am

Keith Floyd...the maid can clear up after him

(yes, I know he's dead)

Madam Medusa Jan 31st 2011 10:44 am

think just for fab every day food with a touch of glamour, and someone i'd love to look at every day, it'd have to be james martin...

MM, xx

Millhouse Jan 31st 2011 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 9141246)
think just for fab every day food with a touch of glamour, and someone i'd love to look at every day, it'd have to be james martin...

MM, xx

Using that logic, I would go for Rachel Stevens - who cares if she can cook or not.

Madam Medusa Jan 31st 2011 10:52 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 9141255)
Using that logic, I would go for Rachel Stevens - who cares if she can cook or not.

no, it's not the same at all, lol...james martin is a fab cook...you get a double whammy with him...

MM, xx

Alexa Jan 31st 2011 10:56 am

How about you?

The naked chef. Hope he can cook too.;)

Blue Cat Jan 31st 2011 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 9141246)

MM, xx

same here and I wouldn't be bothered if he cooked anything!! I still look at the photo of me and him and think ............:wub:

Millhouse Jan 31st 2011 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 9141274)
The naked chef. Hope he can cook too.;)

he would be too worried about spitting frying pans and split soup to make anything more than a salad.

co durham boy Jan 31st 2011 11:11 am

Michele Roux Jr - The best cook in London