British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Family restaurants in Abu Dhabi (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/family-restaurants-abu-dhabi-787450/)

kittycat1 Feb 15th 2013 5:09 am

Family restaurants in Abu Dhabi

Hi all,

I'm off to waterworld in Abu DHabi tomorrow, looking for tips for restaurants to go to afterwards with the family. two young boys to cater for. Any recommendations and do I need to book for a saturday evening. Would be there around 6pm.

Also I didn't quite get round to sorting the car out as I've been stuck in work so will be grabbing a cab. are 5 seaters easy to pick up in ABu DHabi or should I book one for the return journey and whats the number.

Thanks guys

KC

Brains1983 Feb 15th 2013 8:05 am

Re: Family restaurants in Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10546513)
Hi all,

I'm off to waterworld in Abu DHabi tomorrow, looking for tips for restaurants to go to afterwards with the family. two young boys to cater for. Any recommendations and do I need to book for a saturday evening. Would be there around 6pm.

Also I didn't quite get round to sorting the car out as I've been stuck in work so will be grabbing a cab. are 5 seaters easy to pick up in ABu DHabi or should I book one for the return journey and whats the number.

Thanks guys

KC

You'll need to phone for a 5 seater (600535353).

You won't get into Blue Grill with kids (on YAS), I'd recomment Amerigos (Mexican in the Park Inn) or Stills (Pub Grub - Crown Plaza) both on YAS Island. If you want to venture a little further, there's the Westin at AD Golf Club (20mins in a taxi from Waterworld).

Hardly worth hrading into town for grub from there.

Let me know how the waterpark is, haven't been yet.

mentalist Feb 15th 2013 8:24 am

Next to Fellinis at Radisson Blu Yas Island there is a nice family restaurant which from 6.30pm does an eat as much as you want buffet for Dhs149. I cannot remember the name but they only have 2-3 restaurants there. We enjoyed a nice meal there last weekend. No need to book. I personally would avoid Amigos as it was very smoky when we passed by, although they do have the dining outside option.

kaz lou abu dhabi Feb 15th 2013 11:29 am

Stars n bars is very kid friendly, looks a bit of a mess outside at the moment during construction of the new parts but inside is ok. Good kids menu

raining Feb 15th 2013 11:48 am

The restaurant next to Fillini's is Assymetri, always seems very popular with families when I've been there. I think the boys would probably like Stars & Bars. Amerigo's is REALLY dark inside and I don't think their kitchen has even seen a chilli.
Would love to hear what you think of the water park, not been yet.

flares Feb 15th 2013 3:49 pm

Johnny Rockets next to the kart track and overlooking the F1 track would be a good option in my opinion. Even better if they are racing cars around the circuit. Very close to Yas Waterworld