Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Failing Your Driving Test

Failing Your Driving Test

Old May 28th 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Failing Your Driving Test

Someone just mentioned snooker on another thread (along with darts possibly the most tedious 'sport' on the planet) and it reminded me of a guy from my home town.

This is a true person that I know, not one of Bangles off the internet and I changed the names...

The guy is the same age as me 39 and sells double glazing for a living.

He is so dimwitted that the insults he gets selling door to door go straight over his head and the resulting banter that he counters with, endears the customers to him so much that it allows him to generate the leads required that pay his wages.

The guy is also white hot at snooker and has done 7 or 8 147's in his time. Unfortunately constant alcohol abuse and the mental capacity of a six week old kitten has taken any opportunity of a full time snooker career away.

Anyway to the story.
He has taken a total of 9 driving tests, giving up about 4 years ago, still yet to pass.. The story comes from his third driving test, back in the days before the thoery test, when the questions were asked at the end of the practical test.

He had come to the end of the test and all had seemingly gone ok (He still failed, just didn't nearly kill someone or crash the car on this occasion), they were back in the car park of the test centre and the instructor asks the thoery questions while they sit in the car.

The instructor asks him about the zig zag lines that are at the side of the road on the approach to a zebra crossing and what they mean.
Absoultely flummoxed, he has no response, and is about to respond with 'I don't know'. But he remembers the words of his instructor - if you dont know the answer to the question, just guess - you might be lucky and get it right.
Better to give an answer than to give none at all.

So he thinks long and hard in the silence of the car, before turning to the instructor and proudly announcing his answer.. NO SMOKING.

Apparently the instructor very nearly pissed himself laughing - so much that he could not ask the remaining questions.

Now you going to tell me it wasn't funny, well hey ho..

Last edited by admon; May 28th 2008 at 3:06 pm. Reason: poor spelling, obviously..