British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   fab brunch offer...(lionheart, don't bother it's still out of your league..). (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/fab-brunch-offer-lionheart-dont-bother-its-still-out-your-league-615716/)

Madam Medusa Jun 19th 2009 12:59 pm

fab brunch offer...(lionheart, don't bother it's still out of your league..).

...just did the brunch at peppercrab in the grand hyatt...

it's amazing, anyone who has done black peppercrab in singapore will know how amazing it is...this brunch offers a bottle of moet per couple when you arrive, then decent wine or beer or spirits...fab sushi and loads of starters and other main courses as well as the crab...

this is all for 350 dhs...but even better, time out have a 2-4-1 offer at the mo...

really, really recommend it...

MM, xx

Autonomy Jun 19th 2009 1:06 pm

Re: fab brunch offer...(lionheart, don't bother it's still out of your league..).

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7680220)
...just did the brunch at peppercrab in the grand hyatt...

it's amazing, anyone who has done black peppercrab in singapore will know how amazing it is...this brunch offers a bottle of moet per couple when you arrive, then decent wine or beer or spirits...fab sushi and loads of starters and other main courses as well as the crab...

this is all for 350 dhs...but even better, time out have a 2-4-1 offer at the mo...

really, really recommend it...

MM, xx

was going to try it few weeks back but was booked up - popular!

Will try iy.

Dine In By Hyatt card has a deal for it too.

Euc- Jun 19th 2009 1:30 pm

Re: fab brunch offer...(lionheart, don't bother it's still out of your league..).

350 for 2 persons AND a bottle of Moet? That's a steal!

commander Jun 19th 2009 1:33 pm

Now that is a good deal. Pity I am on my own for a few months. MM, maybe you can treat me??

Madam Medusa Jun 19th 2009 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7680305)
Now that is a good deal. Pity I am on my own for a few months. MM, maybe you can treat me??

you treat me, and i'll put up with you for a lunch...

MM, xx

Madam Medusa Jun 19th 2009 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 7680239)

Will try iy.

yeah, it was really busy...and was really fab...

MM, xx

MacScot Jun 19th 2009 1:53 pm

'Twas the first ever restaurant I went to in Dubai....just for the black pepper crab. :)

commander Jun 19th 2009 2:28 pm

Hmmm 350aed to convince MM face to face that when we disagree, I am always correct.

Yes its a date.let's book it for the 12th of never..

Spugsy Jun 21st 2009 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 7680239)

Will try iy.

did you do the warehouse one? what did you think?

Autonomy Jun 21st 2009 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7684782)
did you do the warehouse one? what did you think?

yeah I did. It pretty good for big groups, not a quiet brunch. Food is ok, mojitos not that impressive - good rowdy fun i guess. They have a seperate bar / dance floor stright after the brunch.

It's similar to Yalumba but cheaper...

Spugsy Jun 21st 2009 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 7684807)
yeah I did. It pretty good for big groups, not a quiet brunch. Food is ok, mojitos not that impressive - good rowdy fun i guess. They have a seperate bar / dance floor stright after the brunch.

It's similar to Yalumba but cheaper...

yeah I had fun, food was ok, nothing great, lamb chops were ace mind.

Autonomy Jun 21st 2009 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7684824)
yeah I had fun, food was ok, nothing great, lamb chops were ace mind.

yeah - the chops were the best on offer... though food seemed secondary after a while...

Spugsy Jun 21st 2009 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 7684830)
yeah - the chops were the best on offer... though food seemed secondary after a while...

It sure did. After that we did the alpha brunch. Carnage.

deemi786 Jun 21st 2009 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7684852)
It sure did. After that we did the alpha brunch. Carnage.

Anyone had brunch at the Observatory at the Harbour? Whats it like?

NorthernLad Jun 21st 2009 10:29 am

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7684886)
Anyone had brunch at the Observatory at the Harbour? Whats it like?

Some friends have been and said it is very good...but expensive.