FA Cup Thread

Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:49 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FA Cup Thread

Originally Posted by Sandboy
what I don't understand is why the ref doesn't ask the player
I'd love to see them do that - in most cases I expect the players would lie.

Then they would be shown to be the unsportsmanlike shits that a lot of them are.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

what I don't understand is why the ref doesn't ask the player

ok the ref didn't see it but from the reaction of the players it was obvious something was wrong, same in the Henry case. Ask the player did you handle the ball ?

suarez would probably lie anyway but the ref would be in the clear
Agree again.

Balls on the line, make the player look like a cheating **** by asking him.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:52 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I'd love to see them do that - in most cases I expect the players would lie.

Then they would be shown to be the unsportsmanlike shits that a lot of them are.
+1
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:26 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

so it's ok to cheat as long as the ref doesn't see it ?

the Mansfield manager bottled it, during the game he was berating the 4th official saying you must have seen it

the commentator called him a cheat and was right
No its not ok to cheat, but to single out suarez is wrong. Suarez is a symptom of the problem not the problem, they are taught now to go down in the box if there is any contact at all. The pundits on ADTV talk about it every week, look at Young, Bale, almost any attacking player. The defenders aren't much better pulling shirts and pushing in the box at every corner kick. Sportsmanship is pretty much dead in football.

When was the last time you actually saw a player say sorry ref that came off me, its their throw, or its a goal kick. They will be claiming the decision knowing full well that it came off them.

The game is pretty much screwed, you only need to look at the antics in any EPL game to see that.

Yes the Mansfield manager is laying blame where it belongs, with the officials who have lost complete control over the players and managers.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Dumbo
No its not ok to cheat, but to single out suarez is wrong. Suarez is a symptom of the problem not the problem, they are taught now to go down in the box if there is any contact at all. The pundits on ADTV talk about it every week, look at Young, Bale, almost any attacking player. The defenders aren't much better pulling shirts and pushing in the box at every corner kick. Sportsmanship is pretty much dead in football.

When was the last time you actually saw a player say sorry ref that came off me, its their throw, or its a goal kick. They will be claiming the decision knowing full well that it came off them.

The game is pretty much screwed, you only need to look at the antics in any EPL game to see that.

Yes the Mansfield manager is laying blame where it belongs, with the officials who have lost complete control over the players and managers.
Agree with all of your post, but don't think the refs are to blame solely.

Suarez is amongst the worst though. Look at his antics in the world cup, handball, goes off crying, Ghana miss the pen (not his fault, but should have been a goal anyway), he suddenly stops crying, stops being sad and is running around cheering.

Hateful, hateful, ****.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

but we shouldn't give up and accept it, just because clowns on the telly tell us players are entitled to go down if there's contact doesn't make it right

we need to get scamp as a pundit to tell it like it is
Old Jan 7th 2013, 1:25 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

When was the last time you actually saw a player say sorry ref that came off me, its their throw, or its a goal kick.
Robbie Fowler (as in: we all live in a.....). I just can't remember the exact incident. Help from any pre-senile posters?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Scratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond repute

It was a game against Arsenal when a penalty was given for the goalkeeper bringing Fowler down. Fowler jumped to his feet and apparently told the ref that the keeper didn't foul him.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:31 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

I can see Everton doing well this year.

Well, as I despise all the red wearers in NW England....
Old Jan 8th 2013, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Going back to that Suarez 'save' in the World Cup.............. rugby isn't perfect but the concept of the penalty try could usefully be adopted by football. In Suarez's case, the referee would have had the power to decide whether an illegal act prevented a certain or probable goal - and award a 'goal'. Might help?
Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:49 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Robbie Fowler (as in: we all live in a.....). I just can't remember the exact incident. Help from any pre-senile posters?
I think that you are making my point for me, when did Fowler stop playing in the Premier League? This is how far back we have to go for any incident anyone can remember? It should be common place in every game. "That came off me last ref".
Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:52 am
N/A

but we shouldn't give up and accept it, just because clowns on the telly tell us players are entitled to go down if there's contact doesn't make it right

we need to get scamp as a pundit to tell it like it is
I agree with you, except the Scamp bit.

My objection is to the media's singling out and vilifying of one player and this being picked up by meat heads. Its true that Suarez's incidents are alot more obvious than anyone elses, maybe he just not that good at it.

He frustrates me as a player because he is one of the most skillful players in the premier league but like alot of footballers he is a complete twunk.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 6:16 am
Account Closed

I agree with you, except the Scamp bit.

My objection is to the media's singling out and vilifying of one player and this being picked up by meat heads. Its true that Suarez's incidents are alot more obvious than anyone elses, maybe he just not that good at it.

He frustrates me as a player because he is one of the most skillful players in the premier league but like alot of footballers he is a complete twunk.
Biting somebody certainly starts your career off badly though, eh?

I'd be an awesome pundit too btw.

Originally Posted by The Dean
Going back to that Suarez 'save' in the World Cup.............. rugby isn't perfect but the concept of the penalty try could usefully be adopted by football. In Suarez's case, the referee would have had the power to decide whether an illegal act prevented a certain or probable goal - and award a 'goal'. Might help?
Agree completely. He stopped the ball crossing the line (on the line) with such a deliberate handball and in the end, it meant Uruguay progressed when they shouldn't have. Penalty Goal would be have been the perfect solution.

Quins have been on the good end of some penalty tries this year and sometimes I think they are a bit soft.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

daft competition anyway
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Suarez is such a twat, but at least he has the good grace to admit he is a dirty diving scumbag...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...Liverpool.html

“I don't listen to all the nonsense some people say about me.
"I'm accused of cheating here. People say I throw myself all the time inside the box.
"They said that when we played against Stoke, for instance, and in that case they were right. I invented a foul because we were drawing and I wanted to win."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.