British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   FA Cup Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/fa-cup-thread-782668/)

mentalist Jan 6th 2013 4:34 am

FA Cup Thread

Any predictions for the eventual winners? Watched the Hammers almost beat Manure in a thrilling game yesterday. My tip would be a good team with a cup pedigree and with very little chance of the league title this season. Liverpool or Tottenham, perhaps?

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 6th 2013 4:36 am

Re: FA Cup Thread

Chelsea...after they tore Saints a new arsehole last night :(

mentalist Jan 6th 2013 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10466443)
Chelsea...after they tore Saints a new arsehole last night :(

Nah, they are still league title contenders, are in the League Cup and Europa League too. The latter may affect my choices too, so Everton might be worth a shout.

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 6th 2013 4:42 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10466447)
Nah, they are still league title contenders, are in the League Cup and Europa League too. The latter may affect my choices too, so Everton might be worth a shout.

Still a bit early to call.

Let's see who's left after round 5...at that point the likes of City, Utd, Chelsea etc start to take it a bit more seriously, a trophy is still a trophy...

The Dean Jan 6th 2013 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10466450)

Let's see who's left after round 5...at that point the likes of City, Utd, Chelsea etc start to take it a bit more seriously, a trophy is still a trophy...

Luton are still in it............ :thumbsup:

mentalist Jan 6th 2013 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10466450)

Looking at the quality of the squads selected for their third round ties, it seems that City, Utd and Chelsea are already taking it seriously. Go on, have a guess.

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 6th 2013 6:13 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10466513)
Looking at the quality of the squads selected for their third round ties, it seems that City, Utd and Chelsea are already taking it seriously. Go on, have a guess.

Chelsea.

britexpat76 Jan 6th 2013 6:36 am

I should of been in the UK today to Watch Lincoln City v Liverpool............94th minute goal screwed us.........

TheShed Jan 6th 2013 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10466516)
Chelsea.

No access to bookies from here, but would be interested to see Chelsea odds to make it 5 FA Cups in 7 years!! :-)

Did someone mention Cup pedigree??

norsk Jan 6th 2013 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10466516)
Chelsea.

+1

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 6th 2013 8:18 am

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 10466631)
No access to bookies from here, but would be interested to see Chelsea odds to make it 5 FA Cups in 7 years!! :-)

Did someone mention Cup pedigree??

Willy Hills have 5/1

TheShed Jan 6th 2013 8:21 am

Now that we are out of Champions League and trailing a bit in the Prem, I would not be surprised if Rafa puts out a strong team on the 9th against Swansea in the league cup. Progression in any tournament helps confidence.

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 6th 2013 8:28 am

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 10466639)
Now that we are out of Champions League and trailing a bit in the Prem, I would not be surprised if Rafa puts out a strong team on the 9th against Swansea in the league cup. Progression in any tournament helps confidence.

If Rafa wins you the FA Cup and the Coca-Cola Cup then he's not had a bad season, add in Champs League Qualification and it's job done, no?

Then get Pep. Please. Or Mourinho.

norsk Jan 6th 2013 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10466642)
If Rafa wins you the FA Cup and the Coca-Cola Cup then he's not had a bad season, add in Champs League Qualification and it's job done, no?

Then get Pep. Please. Or Mourinho.

I don't believe Pep will come, nor am I convinced that he is the right manager for Chelsea. Mourinho however is not as unlikely as some may think. He has been in frequent (and friendly) contact with RA since he left the bridge and it would not surprise me if he has already agreed to come back in the summer....

TheShed Jan 6th 2013 8:54 am

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 10466666)
I don't believe Pep will come, nor am I convinced that he is the right manager for Chelsea. Mourinho however is not as unlikely as some may think. He has been in frequent (and friendly) contact with RA since he left the bridge and it would not surprise me if he has already agreed to come back in the summer....

As an ardent support and reader of all things Chelsea, I have to agree with the above.