FA Cup Football

Old Jan 8th 2011, 9:21 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FA Cup Football

Does anyone know if any of the local channels are showing any of the games this weekend? I believe its on ESPN but we don't get that here.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FA Cup Football

[QUOTE=lionheart;9086103]Does anyone know if any of the local channels are showing any of the games this weekend? I believe its on ESPN but we don't get that here.[/QUOTE

The F.A Cup is all on the Al Jazeera plus channels.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 9:48 am
Account Closed

Just answered my own question by phoning Waxys and the Players Lounge, where they are both showing the games from 4.45pm with their excellent roast dinner deals. Just what the doctor ordered with the missus being away.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Just answered my own question by phoning Waxys and the Players Lounge, where they are both showing the games from 4.45pm with their excellent roast dinner deals. Just what the doctor ordered with the missus being away.
Lots of possible upsets today.........

Most of all, I fancy Southampton to take Blackpool out...............
Old Jan 8th 2011, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Lots of possible upsets today.........

Most of all, I fancy Southampton to take Blackpool out...............
............ too easy, this prediction stuff...............
Old Jan 9th 2011, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
............ too easy, this prediction stuff...............

I was offered 40-1 for a Stevenage, Notts County double yesterday and scoffed at it.... FA Cup 3rd round day used to be one of the highlights of the year but now it seems nobody is interested
Old Jan 9th 2011, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
I was offered 40-1 for a Stevenage, Notts County double yesterday and scoffed at it.... FA Cup 3rd round day used to be one of the highlights of the year but now it seems nobody is interested
The once greatest cup competition on earth reduced to bit part schoolboy cup .

It needs a Champions League place added for the winners so that teams take it seriously again.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 4:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by co durham boy
The once greatest cup competition on earth reduced to bit part schoolboy cup. It needs a Champions League place added for the winners so that teams take it seriously again.
Only teams from the North East seem to regard the FA Cup as no longer being important. If you had watched the effort put in by most of the players in the Arsenal-v-Leeds cup tie, you will realise how silly your comments are. Having said that, I will probably join you if/when Man City lose at Leicester.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why did you scoff? Not good enough odds? That's almost as good as an 11/2 double.

LH is right - teams do take it seriously, but one-off 90 minute matches can always produce upsets, which a 38-game League season won't.

No way should a CL place be available for the FA Cup winners - the CL should revert to Champions only (i.e. only one team from each country) like it was in the classic years.

Last edited by The Dean; Jan 9th 2011 at 5:40 am. Reason: maths
Old Jan 9th 2011, 5:37 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

yep NEwcastle were utterly dreadful last night, they just thought they could turn up and win. Pathetic.

And even worse Tiote is banned for 3 games now, including the game next weekend against the great unwashed.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

what really pisses me off is Sunderland have proven they can beat anyone on their day this season, having already been humiliated in the League Cup the FA Cup was the only thing we had a chance of winning so why field the reserves ?

Are we going to win the league ? No
Qualify for the champions league ? No
In danger of relegation ? No

So we hold out in the hope of qualifying for the Europa League where we get drawn away to some cloggers from Khazakstan in front of 4000 and field the reserves again because we have at least 8 games to play in a stupid competition

I'd rather have a day out at Wembley thanks

* all will be forgiven if we beat one of the top 8 teams in the world next weekend
Old Jan 9th 2011, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Only teams from the North East seem to regard the FA Cup as no longer being important. If you had watched the effort put in by most of the players in the Arsenal-v-Leeds cup tie, you will realise how silly your comments are. Having said that, I will probably join you if/when Man City lose at Leicester.
Arsenal reserves wasn't it ? What about the mighty Blackpool fielding their reserves too ?
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Most of the Leeds side granted , Wenger couldn't give a fu## about the F.A Cup .

Wenger and Old Purple nose are the ones who started to devalue the competition in the first place.

I'ts a disgrace that Sunderland have been knocked out of the F.A.Cup , that competition is exactly what a side like Sunderland should be aiming for , that and a top ten finish.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Spugsy
yep NEwcastle were utterly dreadful last night, they just thought they could turn up and win. Pathetic.

And even worse Tiote is banned for 3 games now, including the game next weekend against the great unwashed.
I fancy us Sunday , i think the Wife Beater is injured as well...
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:50 am
Account Closed

Arsenal reserves wasn't it ? What about the mighty Blackpool fielding their reserves too ?
No it wasn't their reserves. Arshavin, Bendtner and Chamakh up front. When they went behind, Fabregas and Walcott came on so, by the end of the game, it was nearly a full strength team...and I hate Leeds by the way, so no axe to grind there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.