British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   FA Cup Final (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/fa-cup-final-716740/)

lionheart May 12th 2011 1:05 pm

FA Cup Final

Does anybody know which channel it's being shown on. Please don't just say Jazeerah because they have umpteen sports channels. Given the Abu Dhabi connection with Manchester City, might it be shown on AD Sports perhaps? May have to trudge along to the local pub. It starts at 6pm locally I believe.

soukie May 12th 2011 2:08 pm

Re: FA Cup Final

Potters to win :thumbup:

BangleMan May 12th 2011 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 9359816)
Does anybody know which channel it's being shown on. Please don't just say Jazeerah because they have umpteen sports channels. Given the Abu Dhabi connection with Manchester City, might it be shown on AD Sports perhaps? May have to trudge along to the local pub. It starts at 6pm locally I believe.

Your teams most important game in years and you need to ask /rely on a forum to tell you which channel it's on and "you believe it starts at 6pm"......a big fan you are !

nottmbantam May 12th 2011 4:34 pm

Will probably watch it, even though neither team inspire me.

I went to the Victoria Ground in the early 90's and found the Stokies to be perhaps THE most racist set of fans I've EVER come across - and this is travelling the length and breadth of the country over 30 years going to a lot of (predominantly lower league ) away grounds. For that reason - and we football fans ALWAYS bear grudges, don't we? - I don't really want them to win, even though I usually go for the underdog.

As for Man City, they are just a set of Chelsea wannabe's. No soul at the club any more. Don't want them to win either.

But, the most annoying thing, is that the Final is being played before the end of the season - it's meant to be the showpiece finale?

Stealth Otter May 12th 2011 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 9360194)

I went to the Victoria Ground in the early 90's and found the Stokies to be perhaps THE most racist set of fans I've EVER come across - and this is travelling the length and breadth of the country over 30 years going to a lot of (predominantly lower league ) away grounds. For that reason - and we football fans ALWAYS bear grudges, don't we? - I don't really want them to win, even though I usually go for the underdog.

As for Man City, they are just a set of Chelsea wannabe's. No soul at the club any more. Don't want them to win either.

But, the most annoying thing, is that the Final is being played before the end of the season - it's meant to be the showpiece finale?

Stoke's new ground is no better - I went to a match there a couple of seasons ago, ten minutes before the end the Stoke fans were ripping out the seats and lobbing them on the pitch. Horrendous place, I think they were last in line when the gene pool was being ladled out.

Spugsy May 12th 2011 6:24 pm

Yep I agree, it's all gone to shit.

Come on you Stoke.

The Dean May 12th 2011 6:41 pm

Yea........... the same day as a full League programme. What's that all about?

And Lionheart will of course not mind in the slightest that Saturday 14 May is the 28th anniversary of one of Man City's most memorable days............... :thumbsup:

co durham boy May 12th 2011 6:43 pm

Al Jazeera + 1 to 9 mate , it's the subscription channels , they've got Champions League , England Internationals and a host of other European Leagues plus the F.A Cup obviously.

co durham boy May 12th 2011 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9360494)
Yea........... the same day as a full League programme. What's that all about?

And Lionheart will of course not mind in the slightest that Saturday 14 May is the 28th anniversary of one of Man City's most memorable days............... :thumbsup:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XyAUkaC6nsI

The Cup final should be after the Premierships finished , another fu** up... i'm a purist , i don't wanna watch football other than 3pm on a saturday

lionheart May 13th 2011 8:25 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 9359938)
Your teams most important game in years and you need to ask /rely on a forum to tell you which channel it's on and "you believe it starts at 6pm"......a big fan you are !

I can guarantee that I have been supporting Man City longer than you have been following your shitty team, mate. I usually watch the games live on my computer screen, but just fancied a change for this one, CTID

nottmbantam May 13th 2011 11:01 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 9361643)
I can guarantee that I have been supporting Man City longer than you have been following your shitty team, mate. I usually watch the games live on my computer screen, but just fancied a change for this one, CTID

As mentioned in my previous post, I kinda feel sorry for Man City. A few years ago, they seemed to be 'genuine' football club, had a truly loyal bunch of supporters, had their fair share of ups and downs, lived in shadows of ManU, but still had their own sense of dignity, and self respect.

Now, they've just sold their ideals down the swanee , chasing cups, trophies and glory. They are just now another soulless club with foreign money pumped into it in the drive to secure more money through merchandising and TV rights. It's just another business machine.

nickinblackinoz May 13th 2011 11:18 am

i dont believe what garbage some of you guys are saying ...Chelsea wanna be`s ....how pathetic.......any team in the world would have took what we were offered , all its done is bring us forward ,playing good football most times .........Stoke are hackers, shut up shop in defence and rely on the long throw and set pieces ................its jealously i would imagine........

soukie May 13th 2011 11:22 am

When Man City was bought by one of the AD Sheikhs the first thing they did was sack the manager (Mark Hughes) in a very unpleasant Arab way and got away with it. I really hope that Stoke win as they are not bank rolled by Russians or Arabs and have genuine local players.

nickinblackinoz May 13th 2011 11:53 am

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 9361871)
When Man City was bought by one of the AD Sheikhs the first thing they did was sack the manager (Mark Hughes) in a very unpleasant Arab way and got away with it. I really hope that Stoke win as they are not bank rolled by Russians or Arabs and have genuine local players.

Hughes did a great job on the budget he had but he has never managed big stars , he would ended up walking or looking like roy hodgson, we needed a respected and tried manager ,thats common sense ..............

nickinblackinoz May 13th 2011 11:54 am

its on Setanta in Oz , dont know if you guys get it ........also espn