FA Cup Final

Old May 13th 2011, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FA Cup Final

Originally Posted by lionheart
I can guarantee that I have been supporting Man City longer than you have been following your shitty team, mate. I usually watch the games live on my computer screen, but just fancied a change for this one, CTID

bit of a chomp there - you not catching a flight back then ?

good luck Stoke - seeing city celebrating winning the cup would be like Sheik Mo winning 10 bob on a scratch card

Kenny Jones off his bellend in the 93rd minute please
Old May 13th 2011, 2:55 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I can guarantee that I have been supporting Man City longer than you have been following your shitty team, mate. I usually watch the games live on my computer screen, but just fancied a change for this one, CTID
Of course you have been supporting them longer than me,......you have 25 years on me ! .....shitty West Ham may be but despite being in Dubai for 4 years, I have kept my season ticket going at Upton Park......it's worked out at £98 a game this season to go and see them live ......

Despite my dislike of you Lionheart, I actually want City to win.....(with the exception of yourself who has jumped on the bandwagon...lol) they have been long suffering fans as any Hammers fan have been, so hope they win a trophy at last.....that and my hatred for the paedo looking twat in a baseball cap Stoke have for a manager
Old May 13th 2011, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
and my hatred for the paedo looking twat in a baseball cap Stoke have for a manager
Really? Never seen him. I am not usually a football fan but my husband watches so I will probably see it too. I think Mancini looks like a Gigilo!
Attached Thumbnails FA Cup Final-mancini.bmp  

Last edited by soukie; May 13th 2011 at 3:07 pm.
Old May 14th 2011, 7:35 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Of course you have been supporting them longer than me,......you have 25 years on me ! .....shitty West Ham may be but despite being in Dubai for 4 years, I have kept my season ticket going at Upton Park......it's worked out at £98 a game this season to go and see them live ......Despite my dislike of you Lionheart, I actually want City to win.....(with the exception of yourself who has jumped on the bandwagon...lol) they have been long suffering fans as any Hammers fan have been, so hope they win a trophy at last.....that and my hatred for the paedo looking twat in a baseball cap Stoke have for a manager
Funnily enough, Man City fans generally have a sympathetic affection towards the Hammers too. The topic produced several pages of posts on Bluemoon Forum a few weeks back. Anyway I genuinely hope that you stay up this season, but frankly I cannot see it happening. As for jumping on the bandwagon, I remember visiting places like York and Halifax in the late-1990's when City used to get crowds of around 30,000 despite being in the depths of the third division. We have waited long for this success. Come on the blues.

Last edited by lionheart; May 14th 2011 at 7:43 am.
Old May 14th 2011, 10:33 am
Account Closed

According to Mail Online readers, Stoke have won the cup final already...62% v 38% MCFC according their online poll, so it looks like Man City will have to wait until next season for its trophies.
Old May 14th 2011, 10:46 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Bizzarely for a United fan, I wouldn't mind seeing City win this one. However I doubt I will watch it live, the cup has just been devalued so much over the last 10 or 20 years that it is almost the same worth as the Charity/community shield to me.
Ferguson himself accelerated this when he pulled United out of the competition a few years ago, plus most of the bigger teams used to throw out the youth squad in the early rounds.
Old May 14th 2011, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central
Bizzarely for a United fan, I wouldn't mind seeing City win this one. However I doubt I will watch it live, the cup has just been devalued so much over the last 10 or 20 years that it is almost the same worth as the Charity/community shield to me.
Ferguson himself accelerated this when he pulled United out of the competition a few years ago, plus most of the bigger teams used to throw out the youth squad in the early rounds.
Agree with you entirely. Used to watch it without fail throughout the late 70's and 80's - but then there was hardly any live matches - the FA Cup Final was one of the few games to be shown live, and it was a spectacle. FA CUP Grandstand and all that....

Since the advent of SKy and its thousands of live matches, it just becomes another live game. Plus this year it's not at the end of the season.

My solution?

1 - Scrap the Johnstones Paint Trophy or whatever it is. There are too many Cup competitions.
2 - Divisions 2 through to 4 play for the League Cup.
3 - FA Cup to be retained as the only Cup played for by Premiership team, and the only one to guarantee a European Place.
Old May 14th 2011, 11:54 am
Account Closed

Huth the Berlin Wall and Etherington both fit to start apparently.
Old May 14th 2011, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Close game but congrats to the winners - shame it was the bank rolled lot