F1

Old Nov 4th 2012, 2:31 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You did. But weird podium interview by Coulthard: Raikonnen swore and basically told Coulthard that winning an F1 isn't anything special, and then Vettel said "...but there's a chance to feuck up...". Have the drivers had a harsh time in AD? Surely they're aware of the sensitivity of swearing, not only on international TV but also in the UAE.
turned it off before this... not on youtube yet - would love to see this...
Old Nov 4th 2012, 2:36 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

F1 as a live spectator sport really sucks balls. much better to watch it on tv imo and i say that as a motorsport fan who would always prefer to watch it live.
the audience integration is shit.
compare it to wrc, any of the touring car stuff, superbikes, motocross etc it just doesnt have the same feel.
Old Nov 4th 2012, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
turned it off before this... not on youtube yet - would love to see this...
Look - they are all pissed off at having to spray rosewater instead of champagne........ boys will be boys, and that's a very good reason.

BTW - what would be the problem with spraying champagne as long as it is not seen to be consumed?
Old Nov 4th 2012, 4:02 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formul...listen-1416829

This is the link. Coulthard did not seem to impressed to have the rosewater poured on his head..........
Old Nov 4th 2012, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it was my first GP and I went on all 3 days; Thursday I thought was dull but Saturday and today were great. Downloaded the F1 ap and used the iPad to see who was where and when, helped situational awareness knowing who was coming down the track. Plenty of incidents at the South stand too.
Old Nov 4th 2012, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

I love Kimi - at one point during the race after they told him on the radio Fernando was on his tail he said "I'm fine, Leave me alone" baahahaha
Old Nov 4th 2012, 8:38 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Look - they are all pissed off at having to spray rosewater instead of champagne........ boys will be boys, and that's a very good reason.

BTW - what would be the problem with spraying champagne as long as it is not seen to be consumed?
not sure if your comments were aimed at me? I didn't see the interview - now I have - it's brilliant, I loved it. Coultard looked like a really old man. Vettel just made the comeback of the season - if he wants to dribble some rosewater on his head - so be it. David knows what it's like to be there, perhaps he should chill a bit (that said he's under different pressures now).

Re: swearing - I don't think a single driver could give a shit about local sensitivities. And good. Saying fuuk live on international TV may not be the best for all, but I liked it. Kimi is also becoming a legend.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 2:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
F1 as a live spectator sport really sucks balls. much better to watch it on tv imo and i say that as a motorsport fan who would always prefer to watch it live.
the audience integration is shit.
compare it to wrc, any of the touring car stuff, superbikes, motocross etc it just doesnt have the same feel.
People wouldn't go if it was shit live. South stand yesterday was incredible, saw all the incidents.

I've seen super bikes, Touring Cars, Porsche Cup, Truck racing all at Thruxton and none were anywhere near as good.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

One of the most exciting Grand Prix I can remember. What a drive from Vettel from last to third. What a dramatic crash involving Rosberg. How he and the HRT driver came away completely unscathed is a miracle. I watched the race on AD Sports 6 and was so impressed with the camera work and English commentary. After the Ryder Cup and the Premier League climax in May, it was arguably the best sporting event of the year to date.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Re: swearing - I don't think a single driver could give a shit about local sensitivities. And good. Saying fuuk live on international TV may not be the best for all, but I liked it. Kimi is also becoming a legend.
The point is that it is not local sensitivities. It is shown internationally and swearing is just sloppy, lazy and embarrassing.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 6:06 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

It was one of the best sporting events I've been too.

I was surprised that you could see some of race for free - few pints in Stars and Bars and then walk to track without any passes needed.

We were on a boat in the marina, after the race I was astounded at the number of hookers literally queuing to get onto some of the boats.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 6:10 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
People wouldn't go if it was shit live. South stand yesterday was incredible, saw all the incidents.

I've seen super bikes, Touring Cars, Porsche Cup, Truck racing all at Thruxton and none were anywhere near as good.
I do like F1 and after years of boring processions they have finally arrived back at having proper racing between the drivers, and I hope it continues in that manner.
It just doesn't do it for me live though, after you get over the noise and speed of the first few laps, its a matter of pure luck if you get to see any incidents live and especially with the safety regulations the crowds are kept huge distances back from the corners. i don't think I am alone on this, as the attendances have been steadily dropping.
anyhow definitely worth a trip once, and I would love to go to Monaco for the race there.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
One of the most exciting Grand Prix I can remember. What a drive from Vettel from last to third. What a dramatic crash involving Rosberg. How he and the HRT driver came away completely unscathed is a miracle. I watched the race on AD Sports 6 and was so impressed with the camera work and English commentary. After the Ryder Cup and the Premier League climax in May, it was arguably the best sporting event of the year to date.
One of the cars is sponsored by Hormone Replacement Therapy???
Old Nov 5th 2012, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
One of the cars is sponsored by Hormone Replacement Therapy???
http://www.formula1.com/teams_and_drivers/teams/192/
The link doesn't seem to work properly but it's definitely HRT.

Last edited by mentalist; Nov 5th 2012 at 6:50 am.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 4:10 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Cab there and back from JLT. Below 200 dibs each way.
Awesome race with loads of action! Shame about Lewis, and good for Seb (but he was fairly lucky to get onto podium to be fair)
Food and drink was good in VIP.
The swearing by drivers is unprofessional, but no big deal really considering how Eminem went on. It was literally every second word!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.