British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   F**K THE EGYPTIAN EMBASSY! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/f%2A%2Ak-egyptian-embassy-611263/)

AnotherWorld May 26th 2009 5:54 am

F**K THE EGYPTIAN EMBASSY!

My partner hasn't seen her mum in 8 years. She lives in Egypt. Today the egyptian embassy pricks declined her visit visa and will not give her a reason. Now she is so upset and doesn't know what to do. She is on a Philippines passport.

Blue Cat May 26th 2009 6:02 am

Re: F**K THE EGYPTIAN EMBASSY!

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld (Post 7604317)
My partner hasn't seen her mum in 8 years. She lives in Egypt. Today the egyptian embassy pricks declined her visit visa and will not give her a reason. Now she is so upset and doesn't know what to do. She is on a Philippines passport.

no reason :confused: can they do that?

AnotherWorld May 26th 2009 6:06 am

They do what they want to Filipinos in the Middle East.

They didn't want to deal with her from the start because shes filipino and cannot speak arabic. They didnt even take her employer letter to state shes on leave and will return by this date etc. They wouldn't speak to her on the phone because she cannot speak Arabic.

Bunch of ****ing losers.

Blue Cat May 26th 2009 6:08 am

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld (Post 7604343)

They didn't want to deal with her from the start because shes filipino and cannot speak arabic. They didnt even take her employer letter to state shes on leave and will return by this date etc. They wouldn't speak to her on the phone because she cannot speak Arabic.

Bunch of ****ing losers.

could we not find an arabic speaker to help her? there is a new guy called Ceaser Dubai posting on the information section, he is Egyptian.

lionheart May 26th 2009 6:09 am

Not sure if many other Embassies are much better, mentioning no names.:thumbdown:

AnotherWorld May 26th 2009 6:12 am

She got an Arabic speaker to phone them and they told him they dont know the reason why it was declined and theres nothing more they can do.

Now I know why other Arabs hang so much shit on Egyptians :angry_smile:

Blue Cat May 26th 2009 6:14 am

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld (Post 7604371)
She got an Arabic speaker to phone them and they told him they dont know the reason why it was declined and theres nothing more they can do.

Now I know why other Arabs hang so much shit on Egyptians :angry_smile:

the Arabs appear to not like their 'own' people, very sad.

lionheart May 26th 2009 6:16 am

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld (Post 7604317)

Why not try and get her mum to visit her here? After all, Egypt is not exactly the nicest place for a woman to visit anyway.

AnotherWorld May 26th 2009 6:20 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7604381)
Why not try and get her mum to visit her here? After all, Egypt is not exactly the nicest place for a woman to visit anyway.

She would but she cannot afford the hotel rates. I offered to pay for the ticket already.

Spugsy May 26th 2009 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7604377)
the Arabs appear to not like their 'own' people, very sad.

this whole 'arab' thing, its bollocks - it's like us being europeans, some of us get on and some don't.

lionheart May 26th 2009 7:50 am

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld (Post 7604386)
She would but she cannot afford the hotel rates. I offered to pay for the ticket already.

You expect your mother-in-law to stay in a hotel? We had my OH's aunty, uncle and two teenaged boys staying at our place for nearly two weeks.

AnotherWorld May 26th 2009 7:53 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7604554)
You expect your mother-in-law to stay in a hotel? We had my OH's aunty, uncle and two teenaged boys staying at our place for nearly two weeks.

She shares an apartment with 3 other girls in 1 room and other families and the other so thats not an option unfortunately.

lionheart May 26th 2009 7:56 am

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld (Post 7604562)
She shares an apartment with 3 other girls in 1 room and other families and the other so thats not an option unfortunately.

So she is not really your partner then, more your current girlfriend as don't partners usually live together? Why not try and find a cheap studio apartment for the girl and mother to share for the duration of her stay? I have seen such going for Dhs200 per day on expatriates.com

AnotherWorld May 26th 2009 8:10 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7604571)
So she is not really your partner then, more your current girlfriend as don't partners usually live together? Why not try and find a cheap studio apartment for the girl and mother to share for the duration of her stay? I have seen such going for Dhs200 per day on expatriates.com

Partner/common law/de facto/spouse/girlfriend/fiance... and so on. All valid.

Well the issue of a Filipino getting a visit visa to the UAE is not quite so easy anymore.

Norm_uk May 26th 2009 8:35 am

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld (Post 7604343)

Because most Filipinos will sit and take crap from anyone and everyone. It's odd really because back home they are happy to pummel people to death just for taking their turn on the karaoke.

Of course their Embassy doesn't help them much here either. Egypt's not a good place for women - they have major problems with women being openly harassed in public in major cities these days. Better to stay here or meet in another country (Turkey springs to mind).

N.