An eye for an eye...

Old Jul 31st 2011, 12:43 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default An eye for an eye...

...or not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-14356886
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13578731

I don't find the initial--and continued--response of the victim alarming, and I find her ability to forgive and pardon uplifting.

I do find alarming the fact that, allegedly, the hospital were willing--or forced--to agree to carry out the punishment.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An eye for an eye...

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
...or not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-14356886
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13578731

I don't find the initial--and continued--response of the victim alarming, and I find her ability to forgive and pardon uplifting.

I do find alarming the fact that, allegedly, the hospital were willing--or forced--to agree to carry out the punishment.
Yes, well done her. Not sure if I would have had the ability to not do the same back given the opportunity.

I hadn't thought about the hospital having to do the 'procedure' - still not much different to giving the lethal injection, pressing the zapping button or maybe a bit of water boarding really is it? Shitty job though.

Could you imagine being the man who cuts off fingers for a living?
Old Jul 31st 2011, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!! That is dreadful, what an amazing woman..I cannot imagine how she must feel.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 4:21 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

An eye for an eye and the world goes blind.

She has shown up and shamed the medieval mindset of some people.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Could you imagine being the man who cuts off fingers for a living?

Or the Saudi with a sword who removes heads??
Old Jul 31st 2011, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Or the Saudi with a sword who removes heads??
Mrs Fakhoury- "How was the day at work, honey?"
Mr Fakhoury- "The usual. I really need to find a new job."
Mrs Fakhoury- "Why is that, Hababi?"
Mr Fakhoury- "It's my clients - I hate them, I just always want to hack them off."

boom boom.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Mrs Fakhoury- "How was the day at work, honey?"
Mr Fakhoury- "The usual. I really need to find a new job."
Mrs Fakhoury- "Why is that, Hababi?"
Mr Fakhoury- "It's my clients - I hate them, I just always want to hack them off."

boom boom.
Heres a BBC article on Saudi's lead executioner.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2966790.stm

I was wondering if it wasn't just chance that the guy is an Afro Arab, whether he got the job because the White Arabs don't like doing such jobs much like they don't like doing menial jobs?
Old Aug 1st 2011, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

Hippacrocapig will become famous soon enoughHippacrocapig will become famous soon enough

Just read the three articles, strange place this!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 12:08 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Heres a BBC article on Saudi's lead executioner.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2966790.stm

I was wondering if it wasn't just chance that the guy is an Afro Arab, whether he got the job because the White Arabs don't like doing such jobs much like they don't like doing menial jobs?
Have just read that...it's like reading about the camp commandant at Auschwitz.

I am not against the death penalty for some crimes...but this is a testimony to how frighteningly backwards Saudi Sharia Law is.

N.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

His social life is not burdened by his line of work..well..that's great news I suppose.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

simcalreet is an unknown quantity at this point

Good grief, remind me never to get in trouble in Saudi!!! How many people do you have to kill before it 'doesn't affect your social life'?? Bizarre!!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Have just read that...it's like reading about the camp commandant at Auschwitz.

I am not against the death penalty for some crimes...but this is a testimony to how frighteningly backwards Saudi Sharia Law is.

N.
I am against capital punishment for any crime because over here in the US too many people have been incarcerated only to be later freed after new evidence emerged , witholding of evidence or incompetence by law enforcement.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by simcalreet
Good grief, remind me never to get in trouble in Saudi!!! How many people do you have to kill before it 'doesn't affect your social life'?? Bizarre!!
Religion takes away his ability to feel compassion and question the rightness or wrongness of his actions.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 6:24 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

No.

He's just a wacko.

Religion takes away his ability to feel compassion and question the rightness or wrongness of his actions.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 8:14 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I am against capital punishment for any crime because over here in the US too many people have been incarcerated only to be later freed after new evidence emerged , witholding of evidence or incompetence by law enforcement.
I only support it in cases of clear and obvious guilt...such as catching someone on camera plus overwhelming forensic evidence etc. And then only for serious crimes like rape, child abuse, first degree murder or treason.

It has that effect on many people, not just this fellow. Many ideologies dehumanise the enemy to make it easier to commit horrific crimes.

N.