Expensive Night Out

Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Expensive Night Out

Nice bit of marketing for the place isn't it...
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Am i the only person wondering why such a big deal is being made about this. It is the Cavalli club- I would expect any bar taht sells Cristal to actualy sell it every now and again! So that size of bill shouldn't really be anything out of the norm really.

And as for marketing i don't think it shows the Cavalli club off that well- a receipt going viral. Roberto Cavalli is a designer who produces some beautiful clothes - it is an aspirational brand- if they have turned to cheap tricks for advertising then I think thats a big step down for them.

It isn't about the money it's about the glamour.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Am i the only person wondering why such a big deal is being made about this. It is the Cavalli club- I would expect any bar taht sells Cristal to actualy sell it every now and again! So that size of bill shouldn't really be anything out of the norm really.

And as for marketing i don't think it shows the Cavalli club off that well- a receipt going viral. Roberto Cavalli is a designer who produces some beautiful clothes - it is an aspirational brand- if they have turned to cheap tricks for advertising then I think thats a big step down for them.

Cavalli is pretty tacky as it is...he, apparently, does very well in the ME...
Old Jan 5th 2012, 1:21 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
and we are supposed to believe all she did is sing for that money?
I understand She actually only gets to keep what he puts in her hand, and the odds are all she would have done was sing! hard to believe I know but thats usually the case in those clubs
Old Jan 6th 2012, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

For that amount even I would have done more than sing!
Old Jan 6th 2012, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1

I've been to the Cavalli Club a few times and it's pretty ordinary to be honest , not a patch on Cargo in London or Drop in Hong Kong or maybe Zouk in Singapore .

It's basically full of uber rich GCC Arabs having a giant pissing competition to see who can spunk the most cash.

Some very very upmarket women in there though , good people watching venue but that's about it's limit .
Brash , crass , over the top and gaudy , suits Dubai down to the ground .
Old Jan 7th 2012, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I've been to the Cavalli Club a few times and it's pretty ordinary to be honest , not a patch on Cargo in London or Drop in Hong Kong or maybe Zouk in Singapore .

It's basically full of uber rich GCC Arabs having a giant pissing competition to see who can spunk the most cash.

Some very very upmarket women in there though , good people watching venue but that's about it's limit .
Brash , crass , over the top and gaudy , suits Dubai down to the ground .
What about the music or am i the only sucker who wants to go out and dance?
Old Jan 7th 2012, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
What about the music or am i the only sucker who wants to go out and dance?
Middle of the road House with a smattering of R&B ....Pretty non descript , just like most clubs in this region bar a handful
Old Jan 7th 2012, 1:11 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Middle of the road House with a smattering of R&B ....Pretty non descript , just like most clubs in this region bar a handful
Sounds like the non-descript kind of techno-pap I heard when I paid a visit to the Pearl Lounge behind the Doha Marriott in 2006/7. I was a guest at the hotel and completely bored, so went to have a look. I was made to feel about as welcome as a leper, even though the place was empty. Never did get the posey club scene, either in the UK, even more so abroad.
Old Jan 7th 2012, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I once had the misfortune of going to Allure in AD. Was hugely excited about going and within 10 minutes (after row over sitting at one of the 30 empty tables) realised it was not the zenith i had hoped. The music was awful, the clientele worse and the prices extortionate. Was so disappointed. I was a clubber in my day so happy with house (not so much R&B), indy, or, as nod to my disaffected youth at the Simba Saloon in Nairobi, some plain old-fashioned rock.
Old Jan 7th 2012, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by al dente
I once had the misfortune of going to Allure in AD. Was hugely excited about going and within 10 minutes (after row over sitting at one of the 30 empty tables) realised it was not the zenith i had hoped. The music was awful, the clientele worse and the prices extortionate. Was so disappointed. I was a clubber in my day so happy with house (not so much R&B), indy, or, as nod to my disaffected youth at the Simba Saloon in Nairobi, some plain old-fashioned rock.
Ive done quite a bit mate so the whole Gulf club scene is a massive let down for me.
Dubai has started to bring some decent nights and dj's over in the past 3 years but they have to cater for the masses / holiday makers.

The Gulf cannot have a good club scene because of obvious reasons . Beruit is the closest you'll get. The rest is ordinary .
Old Jan 7th 2012, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Sounds like the non-descript kind of techno-pap I heard when I paid a visit to the Pearl Lounge behind the Doha Marriott in 2006/7. I was a guest at the hotel and completely bored, so went to have a look. I was made to feel about as welcome as a leper, even though the place was empty. Never did get the posey club scene, either in the UK, even more so abroad.
That's one of the worst clubs here...they all pretty much suck, but the Pearl lounge is pathetic...and that is putting it politely.

Full of Lebo posers, fat chicks in spandex...and ALL tables are reserved..and stay empty all night...
Old Jan 8th 2012, 4:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Alexa
Full of Lebo posers, fat chicks in spandex...and ALL tables are reserved..and stay empty all night...
That sums up every bar in the region doesn't it?

Was so enjoyable going back to the UK to my old favourite nightspot with my mates, drinking rum, quality tunes, relaxed and having a laugh.

Impossible here.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 11:33 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever Dubai can do, Abu Dhabi can do better…

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...01-08-1.436410
Old Jan 8th 2012, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

However, the favoured drink of choice on the bill is Cristal, which retails at the club at Dh6,000 per bottle; a whopping 22 bottles of the bubbly are listed at a tally of Dh132,000.
6000 aed for a bottle of cristal- thats bloody cheap!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.