Reload this Page >

For expats in saudi arabia

For expats in saudi arabia

Old Feb 13th 2011, 7:13 am
Just Joined

safar is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation For expats in saudi arabia

greetings everyone,

I am from saudi arabia (dammam) & searching for a BLAZER (GMC or CHEVY) model 1979 to 1991. I have been searching for along time for a good blazer. one of min told me about this forum & here i am. so, if anyone have this car and will sell it please contact me. if you know some one have it and the bargain goes smooth I will give you a commission for that.

I really appreciate your help

contact information:

Safar

<snip - pm for contacts>

Last edited by Bob; Feb 13th 2011 at 1:50 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: For expats in saudi arabia

i will take care of all paperwork

still waiting..............
Old Feb 14th 2011, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look on the www.expatriates.com web site.
You can also place your own ad free of charge.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

If you are after the full fat blazer with the removable roof section (was it an S10 or something similar) then you will be looking a long time. Only seen one in Bahrain and one on travels in Saudi and both had the usual rot that these were prone to.
To find a good one you will probably need to hunt stateside via the web. The Middle East temps and humidity killed these cars
Great looking car though
Old Feb 14th 2011, 4:11 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Have a look on the www.expatriates.com web site.
You can also place your own ad free of charge.
or try http://ksa.dubizzle.com
Old Feb 14th 2011, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Norsk,

do you know anyone who has exported a car from KSA to Bah when they have Bahrain residence and the process that would be involved?

Keep looking at the auction area on the way back from Jubail and thinking if it is worth a look-see
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

UAE's got to be your best bet for importing if you are going through the process anyway. Much cheapness!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Prices are good in the UAE but shipping costs add to the price. You can take a chance with a cheapo car transporter but "decent" shipping adds a couple of thousand US$ to the price. Buying in Damman or Jubail would mean I could drive it home
Just not sure about dealing with Saudi paperwork and I reckon it must be a pain in the ass as car prices in Bahrain are generally high so everyone would do it if it was easy
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:57 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Norsk,

do you know anyone who has exported a car from KSA to Bah when they have Bahrain residence and the process that would be involved?

Keep looking at the auction area on the way back from Jubail and thinking if it is worth a look-see
Sorry I don't. I know someone who bought in Bahrain and took it to Saudi and it was a right pain in the arse apparently. He spent 13 hours on the causeway trying to get it through.

But you should be able to get an agent to do it for you. Maybe try fishing for information in some of the car places (like Bahrain Auto Services on Budaiya Highway). I suspect they could do it for you for a fee..

I've heard mention of a fee around SR3000 several times...

I haven't got Bahrain residence so I would just leave it on Saudi plates to be honest. All it would mean is that I would need to buy Saudi insurance in addition to the Bahraini insurance (and bear in mind that the insurance you buy on the causeway coming into Bahrain is third party only so you need to buy the remainder, ie own car separately). If you never take it to Saudi there is no need to renew the export paper every 6 months..

Last edited by norsk; Feb 14th 2011 at 9:00 am.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Norsk

I suspected pain in the arse would spring to mind
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:01 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Thanks Norsk

I suspected pain in the arse would spring to mind
you replied before i could finish my editing..added some more info..
Old Feb 14th 2011, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

thanks all for your help

in fact i tried every site looking for this car (it is actually k5 blazer). i found some cars with saudi owners but they were in a bad shape. I am actually looking for british or american owners, some of them have really nice blazers but i couldn't find a way to contact one of them. most of them living in private compounds and when they go back home they leave their blazers behind, I think becuase of high shipping prices.

still searching though, i hope i will find one soon.

Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

up.............
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

I've been looking ( sporadically ) on various websites at cars and have NEVER seen a K5 Blazer for sale, i think you are searching for a very rare vehicle!

Good luck in your search, you may have to widen it to other Gulf countries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.