Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Excellent value - scamp's lunch

Excellent value - scamp's lunch

Old Jan 20th 2014, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Excellent value - scamp's lunch

Syb I'm not sure I'd compare undies to a mega meal at burger king to be completely honest :-p
Old Jan 20th 2014, 3:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Seriously 6 burgers? In one sitting? How long would that take you?
Not long, I'm a quick eater, well I was, now I try to eat at a more sensible pace.

If I was seriously hungover, hadn't had brekkie and needed some Maccy D's in my life to fix everything I'd comfortably have a large meal, another side burger and either nuggets or another burger.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Not long, I'm a quick eater, well I was, now I try to eat at a more sensible pace.

If I was seriously hungover, hadn't had brekkie and needed some Maccy D's in my life to fix everything I'd comfortably have a large meal, another side burger and either nuggets or another burger.
you animal

Go get the cholesterol tested mate
Old Jan 20th 2014, 8:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
you animal

Go get the cholesterol tested mate
I had my blood pressure checked at the hospital when I registered, the no boozing has brought it from "a bit high, Mr Ross" to "that's fine and normal".

Tick.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 9:42 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd eat the lot. Well, the old me would have.

No fast food at all so far this year - comfortably the easiest thing I've stopped myself from eating.
Two rounds of golf, swim and gym in the diary for this weekend.
No booze for 17 days now.
Still smoking **** loads though.
17 days? Thought you had been dry all Jan mate? Have you not had a wobble yet? I was wavering yesterday after a cluster**** of a day
Old Jan 20th 2014, 9:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britexpat76
17 days? Thought you had been dry all Jan mate? Have you not had a wobble yet? I was wavering yesterday after a cluster**** of a day
Nope, decided to do it whilst pissed on the evening of the 3rd.

Not wobbled yet, found it quite liberating to not get blasted every weekend. Also found it quite nice to not have the two or three beers here and there which are utterly pointless.

Changing my opinion of booze and how I administer it.

I have never really drunk much in the week, if at all. Only if out for a reason, so mid-week beers have never been a big issue.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I had my blood pressure checked at the hospital when I registered, the no boozing has brought it from "a bit high, Mr Ross" to "that's fine and normal".

Tick.
and the cholesterol ?
Old Jan 20th 2014, 10:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
and the cholesterol ?
Dunno. They didn't check that...
Old Jan 20th 2014, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, decided to do it whilst pissed on the evening of the 3rd.

Not wobbled yet, found it quite liberating to not get blasted every weekend. Also found it quite nice to not have the two or three beers here and there which are utterly pointless.

Changing my opinion of booze and how I administer it.

I have never really drunk much in the week, if at all. Only if out for a reason, so mid-week beers have never been a big issue.
Keeping off the ale is key mate , once you get past a couple of weekends it's easy .
Old Jan 20th 2014, 11:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Keeping off the ale is key mate , once you get past a couple of weekends it's easy .
Playing lots more golf, the mrs and I are doing a 36 hole weekend competition between the two of us, Meydan (eurgh) and Tower Links.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

Carnwaj is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm coming over to AD to work in March. I've not had a drink for 8 months and I'm hoping to do a year. Looks like the last three months might be the hardest!

Only joking but lots of the social life does seem to resolve around booze and food!
Old Jan 20th 2014, 6:29 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
filmed in Sunderland where 25% of the population are obese. No idea how they got in that state because from what I remember there is only one shite McDonalds.
I'm sure Sunderland has plenty of takeaways other than McDonalds. Kebabs, curries, Chinese, fish and chips... all the classic British takeaways are loaded with fats and sugars. Throw in regular boozing and minimal exercise and you don't need to go anywhere near McD's to turn into a fat bastard.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 12:08 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eeyore
I'm sure Sunderland has plenty of takeaways other than McDonalds. Kebabs, curries, Chinese, fish and chips... all the classic British takeaways are loaded with fats and sugars. Throw in regular boozing and minimal exercise and you don't need to go anywhere near McD's to turn into a fat bastard.
when were you in Sunderland? I was there in December and trust me practically everything has shut, they must all be stuffing Greggs to get the size they have got,
Old Jan 21st 2014, 2:40 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I'd eat the lot. Well, the old me would have.
bilmey!! I once made a bet with a friend and tried to finish a complete chicken karahi in one go....ended up with food poisoning and vomits and fever for a week, so that was the first and last attempt at my competitive eating career

had a friend (bodybuilder, because thats relevant) who could easily finish off 8 or 9 burgers with fries etc in one go...we never used to take him with us anywhere!!

am gonna order this meal for the elder one's upcoming birthday but there will be 4 of us and am definitely giving the coke away to someone!!
Old Jan 21st 2014, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
bilmey!! I once made a bet with a friend and tried to finish a complete chicken karahi in one go....ended up with food poisoning and vomits and fever for a week, so that was the first and last attempt at my competitive eating career

had a friend (bodybuilder, because thats relevant) who could easily finish off 8 or 9 burgers with fries etc in one go...we never used to take him with us anywhere!!

am gonna order this meal for the elder one's upcoming birthday but there will be 4 of us and am definitely giving the coke away to someone!!
I ate 12 Gregg's jam doughnuts in 14miks for a bet once. 15min time limit, no fluids.

Cruised it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.