British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Evening Entertainment (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/evening-entertainment-767492/)

mentalist Aug 7th 2012 6:19 am

Evening Entertainment

So are there any pubs or clubs in Dubai where live music is still being played at night during Ramadan? Yes, the family has fled the heat for a couple of weeks.

Blue Cat Aug 7th 2012 6:59 am

Re: Evening Entertainment

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10214114)
So are there any pubs or clubs in Dubai where live music is still being played at night during Ramadan? Yes, the family has fled the heat for a couple of weeks.

how long have you been here?

Meow Aug 7th 2012 7:56 am

If anyone is answering, don't forget he'd want it for free...

commander Aug 7th 2012 8:13 am

is this a wind up?

Norm_uk Aug 7th 2012 8:33 am

Live Music and Ramadan go together like Pork Chops and Iftar Buffets.

Enjoy a quiet drink with friends in the various bars that are open would be my advice.

N.

Bahtatboy Aug 7th 2012 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 10214298)

Enjoy a quiet drink with friends in the various bars that are open would be my advice.

N.

Now that's definitely got to be a wind up.

Norm_uk Aug 7th 2012 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10214303)
Now that's definitely got to be a wind up.

Ok...invite me and we'll talk politics and religion - that's sure to spice up any evening.

I'm available weekends and for bar-mitzvahs, weddings and extreme right wing political rallies... :rofl:

N.

co durham boy Aug 7th 2012 9:50 am

Ha ha ha , not that old chestnut.......;)

weasel decentral Aug 7th 2012 9:54 am

If you sit on your hand until it goes numb, it will feel like some one else is doing it :nod:

Norm_uk Aug 7th 2012 10:07 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 10214440)
If you sit on your hand until it goes numb, it will feel like some one else is doing it :nod:

Why would I want to feel like someone else is sitting on my hands?

;)

N.

Bahtatboy Aug 7th 2012 10:15 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 10214440)

Alternatively lie on your willy till it goes numb then it feels like you're doing it to someone else. :(

mentalist Aug 7th 2012 11:30 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10214266)
is this a wind up?

Well I was told that you cannot enjoy a lunchtime brunch during Ramadan but that proved rubbish so I was just hoping. Okay then, how about lively pubs without the music? Any quiz nights and such? It's not Riyadh after all is said and done.

goonerseba Aug 7th 2012 11:40 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10214600)
Well I was told that you cannot enjoy a lunchtime brunch during Ramadan but that proved rubbish so I was just hoping. Okay then, how about lively pubs without the music? Any quiz nights and such? It's not Riyadh after all is said and done.

Deffo no dancing (Scamp can verify) or singing (Kittycat1 can verify) during Ramadan.

but party on dude..

Millhouse Aug 7th 2012 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10214600)

Haven't you got some numbers stored and you can just get them to cum around?

The Dean Aug 7th 2012 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10215345)
Haven't you got some numbers stored and you can just get them to cum around?

Where have all the Rattle Snake girls resurfaced since they knocked their place down?