Euro 2012

Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:01 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Euro 2012

Originally Posted by Scamp
I had Rooney first goalscorer too, and Willy Hills bonus odds for Rooney to score and England to win, also had England to win. 120 ish quid up. Happy days.

But I'm not addicted.
I took Rooney to score at any time at 6/4......I was worried he wouldn't start.

So my prediction of Draw, Lose then Win was not far wrong.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:04 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Your priority is to win the group and play solidly . England are never going to pass any team off the pitch in any competition .

The Italians will want to choke the game up and slow it down , they're not too adventurous either so we've got play the game with pace and move the ball quicker and more decisively .

Getting behind teams is paramount for England because we know we have players that can deliver good crosses and players that can meet them.

Teams are shit scared of balls whipped in at pace on a counter attack , it's something not many of them face on a weekly basis .

England will not fear the Italians
Our club teams routinely beat Italian teams by exactly what you have said. Get at them and attack
Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I took Rooney to score at any time at 6/4......I was worried he wouldn't start.

So my prediction of Draw, Lose then Win was not far wrong.
33% of what you said was wrong.

You got 67% correct.

That, according to current A-Level standards is an A*.

Be ****ing proud.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Our club teams routinely beat Italian teams by exactly what you have said. Get at them and attack
I like the way Hodsgon sets the tactics and then picks the best team to execute those. IE Carroll starting against the Swedes because they concede headers like they enjoy it. It pays off too.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:08 am
Shark Fisherman

33% of what you said was wrong.

You got 67% correct.

That, according to current A-Level standards is an A*.

Be ****ing proud.
I was working to the adage, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:09 am
Account Closed

I was working to the adage, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
Funny you say that, my old man looks a bit like Meat Loaf.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:12 am
Shark Fisherman

Funny you say that, my old man looks a bit like Meat Loaf.
'Ain't no doubt about it, he was ugly blessed'.

My old man looks like a bastardised Jim Royle and Chief Wiggum.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:38 am
Account Closed

'Ain't no doubt about it, he was ugly blessed'.

My old man looks like a bastardised Jim Royle and Chief Wiggum.
Thought you looked familiar
Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:55 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

That's because a lot of our club teams have more Italians in them that the Serie A sides do.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

But considering that the Azzure also play a strong defence and attack on the break, rather similar tactics to ours, the 1/4 final could either be one of the better, more exciting games to watch or could have stodgy written right through it.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 12:04 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
But considering that the Azzure also play a strong defence and attack on the break, rather similar tactics to ours, the 1/4 final could either be one of the better, more exciting games to watch or could have stodgy written right through it.
I think it could go to penalties. Hope Roy's luck holds.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Steven Gerrard v Andrea Pirlo.......... that is unmissable.

Oh, and Sepp Blatter has been soapboxing again.......

"After last night's match, goal line technology is no longer an alternative but a necessity".

'Nurse! Nurse! Quickly please - a sick bag for The Dean.........!!!'
Old Jun 20th 2012, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I think it could go to penalties. Hope Roy's luck holds.
From last night's starting line up who would your 5 be?

Mine;

Rooney
Gerrard
Welbeck
Young
Parker

In no particular order.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Mine;

Rooney
Gerrard
Welbeck
Young
Parker

In no particular order.
I'm not sitting through them again , i was behind the goal at Euro 96 against the Krauts and have never felt so fu**ing dejected !
Old Jun 20th 2012, 12:43 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Mine;

Rooney
Gerrard
Welbeck
Young
Parker

In no particular order.
Taking from the other perspective: Definitely not Terry or Lescott, Johnson - you would have to be kidding to trust him with something that important. Cole maybe not. Parker not really his strength. So my 5 would be:

Rooney
Gerrard
Welbeck
Hart
Milner/Young can't decide

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.