EU migrant crisis

Old Sep 8th 2015, 9:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: EU migrant crisis

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Says he from Dubai...
True.

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Booze is way cheaper, you don't have to plug your car in to stop it freezing, no short skirts and gusset flashes in winter as everyone is under 10 layers of clothing, you can eat something other than pickled herrings, you can't get a battered sausage from the chippy

Originally Posted by norsk
I was tricked into relocating to the UK around Y2K. Met my wife who is a second generation and now it is my home.

Norway has a lot of great points, but it is also small. Very small. Everyone knows everyone and the combination of oil and social democracy has made people go a bit bonkers. I don't think I could handle the pressure of keeping up with the neighbours/friends/family in terms of house, furniture, boats, cabin in the mountains, cabin by the sea. At this point I am happy to visit, but I cannot ever live there again I don't think.

Tock mentions price of booze, but that isn't an issue when you live there. Salaries are higher to cope with the taxes and duties imposed on foods/drinks. Also nobody is poor really. Even the lady at the till of the local supermarket probably earns 30K a year (and taxes are progressive to even everything out).

I have never eaten a pickled herring in my life!
I reckon that all sounds pretty wonderful to me. But then you grew up with it so it's normal. A cabin here and there, boats to play with and all that jazz literally sounds amazing.

Never visited anywhere in Scandinavia, but would really like to.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 9:38 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

Never visited anywhere in Scandinavia, but would really like to.
Helsinki should be on everyone's bucket list. Scenery, architecture, food, buzz...and one of the nicest airports in the world.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

How did we stray from "The Migrant Crisis" to luxury holidays in Finland ?
Old Sep 8th 2015, 10:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
one of the nicest airports in the world.
People say this about Changi in Singapore, but it's still an airport at the end of the day and still a bit dull.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 10:47 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Not breeding like bastards has probably contributed to the high living standard.

N.
And the fact that it's bloody cold.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 10:50 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
People say this about Changi in Singapore, but it's still an airport at the end of the day and still a bit dull.
Changi is nice enough, but I doubt there are many that can compete with Koh Samui for the World's cutest airport

https://www.google.ae/url?sa=i&rct=j...41795796899009
Old Sep 8th 2015, 11:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TheShed
Changi is nice enough, but I doubt there are many that can compete with Koh Samui for the World's cutest airport

https://www.google.ae/url?sa=i&rct=j...41795796899009
Koh Samui is a lovely airport. What I loved is that the departure area is basically a street....
Old Sep 8th 2015, 11:26 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

So you think you are superior but don't think you can live among your kin anymore?

Seems rather odd. I like aspects of the Scandinavian system - and the Swiss system. Not breeding like bastards has probably contributed to the high living standard.

N.
What seems odd?

I like Norway, but I prefer not living there on a permanent basis. In the same way I like the UK, but I prefer not living there although it seems that I will probably be living there again in the not so distant future.

I said I was superior, that doesn't necessarily mean I think Norwegians on the whole are..
Old Sep 8th 2015, 11:36 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Some of us do, not most. More in the Western parts of Britain.

Most people of white British descent also share the same DNA as people who lived in the isles in the last Stone Ages. Saxon settlement, viking invasions and the Norman conquest didn't leave massive impacts on the DNA of the country as a whole because these were not done with huge numbers of people.

The Saxons changed everything with around 5% of the population. The language, culture and legal system. The Normans did about the same with even less. And today foreign born 'Britons' number over 12%...something to think about.

As for Vikings, they had their day but were repeatedly defeated by the English in open battle once the English kingdoms organised. I like the Scandinavians but even if you add them all together they don't match our population and achievements in war (the largest Empire in history for goodness sake) or influence. Bluntly put we've 'had them' in war before many times and they speak our language not the other way around.

And they have trolls you know...big trolls running around getting up to no good.

N.
I was just reading an article now about how there apparently are only about 1 million Brits with Viking blood. This is quite a lot less than what's been believed for decades.
And yes I'll give you that. The organised English kingdoms eventually beat the Vikings who had settled (who were likely more interested in farming and trading than being bloodthirsty warriors).

Coincidentally (perhaps) this was around the time when the age of Vikings starts slowing down. Another great era destroyed by religion..

You gotta love a bit of trolling don't you..
Old Sep 8th 2015, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
I was just reading an article now about how there apparently are only about 1 million Brits with Viking blood. This is quite a lot less than what's been believed for decades.
And yes I'll give you that. The organised English kingdoms eventually beat the Vikings who had settled (who were likely more interested in farming and trading than being bloodthirsty warriors).

Coincidentally (perhaps) this was around the time when the age of Vikings starts slowing down. Another great era destroyed by religion..

You gotta love a bit of trolling don't you..
What about the Normans? They were of Viking origin weren't they. Did quite a bit of take over? William 1. Still got the castles, much of the land law etc.
In Norwich my birth place we still have the Norman castle, their tunnels to the market, and bits of Roman wall.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

Not breeding like bastards has probably contributed to the high living standard.

N.
Scandinavian countries have had higher birth rates than Spain,Italy, Germany, UK etc for most of the last 40 years.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 12:35 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by shiraz1
Scandinavian countries have had higher birth rates than Spain,Italy, Germany, UK etc for most of the last 40 years.
Also because it's bloody cold there.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

So you think you are superior but don't think you can live among your kin anymore?

Seems rather odd. I like aspects of the Scandinavian system - and the Swiss system. Not breeding like bastards has probably contributed to the high living standard.

N.

Since European’s habit of breeding is of concern to you, let me then run you through this habit of breeding in Europe. You see, when it comes to breeding, Europeans are divided into those categories:

- There are those who like to breed and also like the act of breeding, such as the European Muslims.
- There are others who don’t like to breed but they like the act of breeding, such as the indigent British people.
- There are others who like to breed but they don’t like the act of breeding, such as the gay community.
- And lastly there are those who don’t like to breed and also don’t like the act of breeding, those would be the Germans, and that probably explains why they are so welcoming to refugees!!
Old Sep 8th 2015, 1:17 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by redShark
Since European’s habit of breeding is of concern to you, let me then run you through this habit of breeding in Europe. You see, when it comes to breeding, Europeans are divided into those categories:

- There are those who like to breed and also like the act of breeding, such as the European Muslims.
- There are others who don’t like to breed but they like the act of breeding, such as the indigent British people.
- There are others who like to breed but they don’t like the act of breeding, such as the gay community.
- And lastly there are those who don’t like to breed and also don’t like the act of breeding, those would be the Germans, and that probably explains why they are so welcoming to refugees!!
It really is a pity that your parents bred. And I'm seriously considering offering a prayer to some god--no, **** it, to all of them, just so I've covered all bases--that you don't. Right, let's get the list out:

Oh Mighty Allah, Baha, Chaos, Dionysus, Elohim, Fortuna, Genius, Horus, Iris, Jehovah, Kui Xing, Larunda, Minerva, Nike, Osiris, Parvardigar, Quetesh, Ra, Selene, Thor, Unwix, Vishnu, Waheguru, Xerxes, Yahweh, Zeus--not forgetting, of course, Your Almightiness the Flying Spaghetti Monster, please, please, please ...
Old Sep 8th 2015, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark

You are quite the expert on ..well everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.