EU migrant crisis

Old Sep 7th 2015, 8:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: EU migrant crisis

Originally Posted by shiraz1
Interesting that there was a big drop pre-Congestion charging then.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

OK you win!! But those figures only go back to 1993, my memories go back long before that.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bipat
OK you win!! But those figures only go back to 1993, my memories go back long before that.

OK, but the data clearly shows London traffic peaked in the eighties in the centre, the 90's in the suburbs, and has been falling everywhere since 2000

https://aseasyasridingabike.files.wo...t-12-35-41.png
Old Sep 7th 2015, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I looked through your posting history (boring day today at the office).

The vast majority of your posts are when immigration, especially London immigration, comes up. It's obviously a hot button topic for you.

Just to prove or disprove a theory of mine can you confirm if you're of recent (as in post WWII) immigrant heritage or of native born white English/Scottish/Welsh/Cornish ancestry?

I'm aware such a question will deem me racist in some people's eyes but I am genuinely interested in how the whole current immigration/migrant/refugee debate is playing out in the UK and how population numbers and population origins affect the debates. For example, the papers will often report polls that says X% versus Y% over EU or immigration, but if we remove the pool of non-native white Britons from it, does it mean that the native born white British population is more heavily disposed towards leaving the EU or curbing immigration and so on, than one might expect? Some will argue that it doesn't make a difference as 'we're all British,' whilst I will side with those who claim it's much more complex (mind you, I am not unsympathetic towards the concept of a more multiracial Britain nor am I arguing in favour of a whiter UK, after all, I highly appreciate the much better dining scene we have today).

The British press and polling companies are fairly good at not offering detailed breakdowns of pollings beyond the basics, usually regional or economic background. The US press, by contrast, offers very detailed breakdowns on American polling data.

I have a particular theory that the upcoming BREXIT referendum polling may inadvertently under poll the anti-EU population as the polling may refuse to differentiate between native born British and immigrant heritage populations. The former seems to turn out to vote at higher numbers than the latter (and the latter may include many respondents who are not upfront about their legal voting statuses). I suspect something similar may have happened with the election earlier this year and that's how the polls missed the clear Tory lead among the actual voters.

"Shiraz is a city in Iran, no?"

And a grape variety.
In the same way DOH is an airport and the exclamation of an idiot.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

The vast majority of your posts are when immigration, especially London immigration, comes up. It's obviously a hot button topic for you.

Just to prove or disprove a theory of mine can you confirm if you're of recent (as in post WWII) immigrant heritage or of native born white English/Scottish/Welsh/Cornish ancestry?

I'm aware such a question will deem me racist in some people's eyes but I am genuinely interested in how the whole current immigration/migrant/refugee debate is playing out in the UK and how population numbers and population origins affect the debates. For example, the papers will often report polls that says X% versus Y% over EU or immigration, but if we remove the pool of non-native white Britons from it, does it mean that the native born white British population is more heavily disposed towards leaving the EU or curbing immigration and so on, than one might expect? Some will argue that it doesn't make a difference as 'we're all British,' whilst I will side with those who claim it's much more complex (mind you, I am not unsympathetic towards the concept of a more multiracial Britain nor am I arguing in favour of a whiter UK, after all, I highly appreciate the much better dining scene we have today).

The British press and polling companies are fairly good at not offering detailed breakdowns of pollings beyond the basics, usually regional or economic background. The US press, by contrast, offers very detailed breakdowns on American polling data.

I have a particular theory that the upcoming BREXIT referendum polling may inadvertently under poll the anti-EU population as the polling may refuse to differentiate between native born British and immigrant heritage populations. The former seems to turn out to vote at higher numbers than the latter (and the latter may include many respondents who are not upfront about their legal voting statuses). I suspect something similar may have happened with the election earlier this year and that's how the polls missed the clear Tory lead among the actual voters.
White English family going back to 1700s, so buzz off,that's got two z's in it.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to indicate a lot of separate points here.
British with foreign ancestry are not a set of homogenous clones, they are all different.
Most are capable of independent thought.
Of course some as you say may be forced to vote as their family vote. Also some will support a local candidate of the same origins, as in Leicester East, Keith Vaz with his distant family origins (there must be some reason why he gets votes!!)

(Foreign born OH is a staunch Tory always has been, tells himself Mr Cameron secretly wants to leave the EU. Has even called me a Communist on occasions although actually a Social Democrat now obviously LibDem.)

Can you tell me why on this part of the Forum, British with foreign ancestry are not thought of as really British.
One poster asked me "why was I on BE if I had a home in another country? Was it the great British passport?"
Immigrants must integrate but Expats apparently not
Old Sep 7th 2015, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Huguenot immigrants, eh?

Interesting. You're the first English I've seen to specifically refer to a certain time frame for their origin in the UK.

Americans do it for the US all the time. But not the English, for obvious reasons.

White English family going back to 1700s, so buzz off,that's got two z's in it.

Last edited by DXBtoDOH; Sep 7th 2015 at 10:49 am.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Huguenot immigrants, eh?

Interesting. You're the first English I've seen to specifically refer to a certain time frame for their origin in the UK.

Americans do it for the US all the time. But not the English, for obvious reasons.
Nope.
Your theory on the polls is unlikely to be true,you think they poll people who aren't on the electoral register?
Old Sep 7th 2015, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bipat
You seem to indicate a lot of separate points here.
British with foreign ancestry are not a set of homogenous clones, they are all different.
Most are capable of independent thought.
Of course some as you say may be forced to vote as their family vote. Also some will support a local candidate of the same origins, as in Leicester East, Keith Vaz with his distant family origins (there must be some reason why he gets votes!!)

(Foreign born OH is a staunch Tory always has been, tells himself Mr Cameron secretly wants to leave the EU. Has even called me a Communist on occasions although actually a Social Democrat now obviously LibDem.)

Can you tell me why on this part of the Forum, British with foreign ancestry are not thought of as really British.
One poster asked me "why was I on BE if I had a home in another country? Was it the great British passport?"
Immigrants must integrate but Expats apparently not
For people like Norm it's the old BNP line that non white English footballers aren't really English, hence his idea that London is majority foreigner
Old Sep 7th 2015, 11:46 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

OK folks two points:
1. Keep it on thread.
2. Play the ball and not the player.

Thanks
Old Sep 7th 2015, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. Mark Twain
Old Sep 7th 2015, 11:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Pica
Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. Mark Twain
I reckon we're about 3 pages from proving (again) Godwin's law.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 12:42 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I reckon we're about 3 pages from proving (again) Godwin's law.
I am a Scandinavian who considers UK to be their home. Don't ask me why...
I have always argued that I am improving the UK gene pool rather than polluting it..
Old Sep 7th 2015, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by norsk
I am a Scandinavian who considers UK to be their home. Don't ask me why...
I have always argued that I am improving the UK gene pool rather than polluting it..
So you're saying Scandinavians are better than Brits?
Old Sep 7th 2015, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

"Shiraz is a city in Iran, no?"

And a grape variety.
In the same way DOH is an airport and the exclamation of an idiot.
https://mrshiraz.bandcamp.com/

Also a rock band from Huddersfield.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.