EU migrant crisis

Old Sep 7th 2015, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EU migrant crisis

Shiraz is a city in Iran, no?

Originally Posted by shiraz1
What a ludicrous statement.
I've noticed (not just on this forum) but that British people of non traditional British ancestry often include certain words or letters in their usernames that you rarely find British people of traditional ancestry using. Z for example, is not a letter commonly found in Britain. And there are certain letters and pairings of letters common in Arabic or Farsi or Urdu that you don't find in English, even with a literal translation into the Latin alphabet. It's interesting how the neurosis of the brain is so culturally ingrained that even descendants of immigrants after a generation or two still more easily make up gibberish usernames that somewhat betray their origins.

Doesn't apply to everyone of course and there are always the exceptions. Irishbeekeeper on here is of Pakistani ancestry, I believe. But it happens enough that I'm no longer surprised.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

London is increasingly like something from the Third World. Super-rich and super-poor.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

"Shiraz is a city in Iran, no?"

And a grape variety.
In the same way DOH is an airport and the exclamation of an idiot.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 7:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Interesting. I take the schools one with a pinch of salt, but the crime stats are impressive.

I said high(er) because compared, I think London is probably higher than most other cities in the UK. Hard to compare based on the sheer size of London I guess.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

And someone is extremely sensitive, no?

"Shiraz is a city in Iran, no?"

And a grape variety.
In the same way DOH is an airport and the exclamation of an idiot.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

In the 70's and 80's London was a run down depopulating city with crap schools and high crime.
I prefer it now.
I think with all cities and certainly London it is the increased road traffic that has made a big difference to visitors and residents.
Crossing a road as a pedestrian is a nightmare in many cities.
I used to love London since childhood- (a great aunt living there used to take me round). It now seems a chore to go there.

(Gibberish user name means two countries--Duo-Two-Bi ---post 153)
Old Sep 7th 2015, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

"Interesting. I take the schools one with a pinch of salt"

The transformation of Londons schools is remarkable.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2c0866fe-d...#axzz3l2JO4i00

Kids on free school meals in London now do better than those not on free school meals outside, and moving out of London damages kids education while moving in improves it.
Nobody would've believed that in the 80's and 90's

The total number of murders in London is lower now that 40 years ago despite the population being bigger.
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
London is increasingly like something from the Third World. Super-rich and super-poor.
Not forgetting it is a sh1thole. It was one when I worked there in 1978 for 2 years and had not changed when I worked there again in 1998 for 2 years.
I only go there if I absolutely have no other choice.
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bipat
I think with all cities and certainly London it is the increased road traffic that has made a big difference to visitors and residents.
I used to love London since childhood- (a great aunt living there used to take me round). It now seems a chore to go there.

Agree, London does seem a chore at times. I just can't fathom that I used to commute from Southampton (bus, train, bus) in the same that someone used to commute from one bit of London to another.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Not sure that's true either

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TFgeP80-Q0...ffic+trend.png
Old Sep 7th 2015, 7:54 am
Account Closed

Was the congestion charge around 2000?
Old Sep 7th 2015, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scamp
Was the congestion charge around 2000?
Old Sep 7th 2015, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"Thou whoreson Zed, thou unnecessary letter !" in the words of Shakespeare ?
Old Sep 7th 2015, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't include more buses and taxis, which certainly make it easier to get around (particularly with a bus pass!) but adds to road congestion.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Doesn't include more buses and taxis, which certainly make it easier to get around (particularly with a bus pass!) but adds to road congestion.
http://urbs.london/wp-content/upload...flow-trend.png

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.