The EU after Brexit

Old Nov 30th 2018, 2:23 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The EU after Brexit

Originally Posted by Gavtek
Ah yeah that sounds familiar. It's a bit of a catch-22 - I want to use my savings as a deposit to buy a house to eventually relocate to in the UK, but if I do that then I won't meet the savings threshold and won't be able to move my family until I secure a job. And if I keep my savings, I won't have a house for my family to live in when we move back, so I'll have to rent something.
Nothing to stop you from doing that once you’ve received the visa.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 10:55 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

ah. But if it were different we would effectively have FOM with india.
that's true, but my problem is with the amount. 78k seems slightly OTT to me.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 10:57 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I think it's more getting the cash to get the visa in the first place that is the problem.

when you look at average UK income of around 28k, and then consider what they're asking for.....
Old Dec 1st 2018, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
I think it's more getting the cash to get the visa in the first place that is the problem.

when you look at average UK income of around 28k, and then consider what they're asking for.....
The UK is trapped by its liberalism that dictates we must treat all people equally.

The new visa laws were drafted primarily to address the issue of chain migrations from undesirable countries (read: Pakistan) because we couldn't put in a blanket ban on spousal / family visas for Pakistanis while allowing native Brits to bring in their American or other nationality spouses for practically nothing, as was the case in the old days.
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 11:26 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The previous poster indicates he had the requisite funds but wished to used them as a deposit on a property.

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
The UK is trapped by its liberalism that dictates we must treat all people equally.

The new visa laws were drafted primarily to address the issue of chain migrations from undesirable countries (read: Pakistan) because we couldn't put in a blanket ban on spousal / family visas for Pakistanis while allowing native Brits to bring in their American or other nationality spouses for practically nothing, as was the case in the old days.
Bingo.
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 6:58 am

The previous poster indicates he had the requisite funds but wished to used them as a deposit on a property.

Bingo.
I wasn't referring to that poster in particular, but in more general terms to the populace as a whole. And I do think the amounts are unfair.
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't referring to that poster in particular, but in more general terms to the populace as a whole. And I do think the amounts are unfair.
why aren’t the kids British? That would mean the only dependant is the wife,no?
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse

why aren’t the kids British? That would mean the only dependant is the wife,no?
Apologies, kids are British, which makes it a bargain at only £62,500.
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 12:54 pm

Apologies, kids are British, which makes it a bargain at only £62,500.
Or just get a job earning more than £18,600 pa.
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 2:40 pm

Or just get a job earning more than £18,600 pa.
Not that straightforward though is it, especially if you're a British woman.
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 4:59 pm

Not that straightforward though is it, especially if you're a British woman.
If you have young children at home then it can be more difficult but it’s not impossible.
Old Dec 4th 2018, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

You need proof that you already have accommodation when you apply for the visa.

Last time around my wife still had a valid tourist visa so we had to fly to UK, find a house to rent, then leave the country again to apply for her residence visa. Otherwise, I would have had to fly to UK on my own, rent a property, then fly out again.

Ideally, we'd be moving back again after I secure a job in the UK, but that's not always so easy.
Old Dec 4th 2018, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Gavtek
You need proof that you already have accommodation when you apply for the visa.

Last time around my wife still had a valid tourist visa so we had to fly to UK, find a house to rent, then leave the country again to apply for her residence visa. Otherwise, I would have had to fly to UK on my own, rent a property, then fly out again.

Ideally, we'd be moving back again after I secure a job in the UK, but that's not always so easy.
You don’t need to buy a house in order to do that. A short term lease will suffice; even an Airbnb. You don’t need to physically to be in the UK to arrange that.
Old Dec 4th 2018, 3:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

If you have young children at home then it can be more difficult but it’s not impossible.
hard to hit the 18k though.
Old Dec 4th 2018, 5:32 am

meanwhile...back in the real world....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.