Etisalat - Poor signal

Old Mar 24th 2016, 7:43 am
  #1  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,285
jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Etisalat - Poor signal

Has anyone had an issues with Etisalat's mobile service recently?

Ever since the heavy rains I have had issues with the quality of the data service and also the mobile signal dropping off. I'm not saying it was the rains but it seemed to coincide with them.

Currently I'm getting 3G but its pretty slow. I haven't had 4G (like I used to pretty much permanently) in weeks.

Also, every now and again (several times a day) the whole thing drops off and I get no mobile signal or data.

I spoke to the ever so helpful folk at Etisalat and the reset the service but that's done Sweet FA.

Anyone else having similar issues or is it just me?

FYI. this is on a Iphone 5S.
jam25mack is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2016, 2:05 pm
  #2  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Dubai, working at Dust World Central
Posts: 3,706
mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etisalat - Poor signal

Is it in one place (i.e. damaged mast) or everywhere?
mikewot is offline  
Old Mar 27th 2016, 4:48 am
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,285
jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etisalat - Poor signal

Originally Posted by mikewot View Post
Is it in one place (i.e. damaged mast) or everywhere?
Seems to be everywhere. I travel a lot round the Emirates on a weekly basis and signal performance seems to be pretty consistent.
jam25mack is offline  
Old Mar 27th 2016, 11:47 am
  #4  
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 21,617
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etisalat - Poor signal

Maybe daft but reset your phone?

On the iPhone the soft reset is pretty good. Hold down top / side (lock) button and the home button at the bottom. Hold until screen goes dead and then white again like it's starting up.
Scamp is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2016, 5:01 am
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
Rubydo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 569
Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etisalat - Poor signal

Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
Has anyone had an issues with Etisalat's mobile service recently?

Ever since the heavy rains I have had issues with the quality of the data service and also the mobile signal dropping off. I'm not saying it was the rains but it seemed to coincide with them.

Currently I'm getting 3G but its pretty slow. I haven't had 4G (like I used to pretty much permanently) in weeks.

Also, every now and again (several times a day) the whole thing drops off and I get no mobile signal or data.

I spoke to the ever so helpful folk at Etisalat and the reset the service but that's done Sweet FA.

Anyone else having similar issues or is it just me?

FYI. this is on a Iphone 5S.
Mine is hit and miss on the wifi at home but pretty decent elsewhere, take it to apple in Yas mall and see if they can suggest anything. GL. Hate having shitty signal
Rubydo is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2016, 5:49 am
  #6  
Millhouse is not a meme
 
Millhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Disneyland, Dubai
Posts: 14,624
Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etisalat - Poor signal

I think the phone got wet
Millhouse is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2016, 5:55 am
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,285
jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etisalat - Poor signal

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Maybe daft but reset your phone?

On the iPhone the soft reset is pretty good. Hold down top / side (lock) button and the home button at the bottom. Hold until screen goes dead and then white again like it's starting up.
Done but still the same.
jam25mack is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2016, 5:55 am
  #8  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,285
jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etisalat - Poor signal

Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
I think the phone got wet
In the rains.... ha ha!
jam25mack is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2016, 5:58 am
  #9  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,285
jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etisalat - Poor signal

Originally Posted by Rubydo View Post
Mine is hit and miss on the wifi at home but pretty decent elsewhere, take it to apple in Yas mall and see if they can suggest anything. GL. Hate having shitty signal
They'll just ping me back to Etisalat as its a signal issue.

Its bearable at the moment, I still get 3G so its not terrible. I was just curious why it had suddenly dropped from 4G tho and if it was only me. The signal dropping off is more annoying admittedly but it comes back pretty quick and doesn't seem to do it on calls so I can live with it.... for now.

Maybe I'll build up some rage and go and visit the Etisalat store sometime!
jam25mack is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2016, 6:03 am
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
 
Rubydo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 569
Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etisalat - Poor signal

Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
They'll just ping me back to Etisalat as its a signal issue.

Its bearable at the moment, I still get 3G so its not terrible. I was just curious why it had suddenly dropped from 4G tho and if it was only me. The signal dropping off is more annoying admittedly but it comes back pretty quick and doesn't seem to do it on calls so I can live with it.... for now.

Maybe I'll build up some rage and go and visit the Etisalat store sometime!
There maybe something you can do to your settings in your phone which Apple can help you with. I find Etisalat in the actual stores just fob you off and make you call the call centre!
Rubydo is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2016, 6:15 am
  #11  
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 21,617
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etisalat - Poor signal

Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
They'll just ping me back to Etisalat as its a signal issue.

Its bearable at the moment, I still get 3G so its not terrible. I was just curious why it had suddenly dropped from 4G tho and if it was only me. The signal dropping off is more annoying admittedly but it comes back pretty quick and doesn't seem to do it on calls so I can live with it.... for now.

Maybe I'll build up some rage and go and visit the Etisalat store sometime!
You still have 4G turned ON in the settings right?
Scamp is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2016, 6:34 am
  #12  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,285
jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etisalat - Poor signal

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
You still have 4G turned ON in the settings right?
*Slowly checks.... and.... yes, yes I do! Phew! Although looking like a whalloper would have been acceptable to get 4G back!
jam25mack is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2016, 7:21 am
  #13  
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 21,617
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etisalat - Poor signal

Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
*Slowly checks.... and.... yes, yes I do! Phew! Although looking like a whalloper would have been acceptable to get 4G back!
No idea then I'm afraid. Guess asking them is completely pointless.

Maybe you're straying too far from the roads?

4G map
Scamp is offline  
Old Apr 17th 2016, 6:09 am
  #14  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,285
jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etisalat - Poor signal

I know you'll all be overjoyed to hear my iphone is back on 4G.....

I kinda got the hump again the other night and thought it would be a good idea to ring them up after a few libations. To my amazement the chap was very helpful and talked me through resetting the network settings (not the phone, carrier or master reset). Reset done, turn off and turn back on and boom 4G loveliness once again!

So the morale of the story is, if you want a helpful Etisalat person call the helpline up at 3am after several beers.
jam25mack is offline  
Old Apr 17th 2016, 6:29 am
  #15  
BE Enthusiast
 
Rubydo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 569
Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etisalat - Poor signal

Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
I know you'll all be overjoyed to hear my iphone is back on 4G.....

I kinda got the hump again the other night and thought it would be a good idea to ring them up after a few libations. To my amazement the chap was very helpful and talked me through resetting the network settings (not the phone, carrier or master reset). Reset done, turn off and turn back on and boom 4G loveliness once again!

So the morale of the story is, if you want a helpful Etisalat person call the helpline up at 3am after several beers.
Good work welcome back to the 4G loveliness ha
Rubydo is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.