Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Etisalat to elife, it all goes wrong

Etisalat to elife, it all goes wrong

Old Jun 12th 2010, 10:37 am
Just Joined

trig79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Etisalat to elife, it all goes wrong

So in a moment of madness, 7 days before the world cup started i decided to upgrade my current etisalat accounts to E-Life. I had already purchased the Al Jazeera package from E-Vision but what they were promising was great, faster internet, caller id, recordable TV, HD channels, free world cup viewing.

So i complete the form hand over no money and 2 days later the engineers arrive to install the new equipment. Telephone worked immediately, internet set up with no problems, even the TV started to work. Blimey has etisalat finally got a product that works?

Well the simple answer is no. there is no recordable tv aparently thats not out until late summer, no doubt they will try and charge for a new box.
there is even less channel info compared to what i had on e-vision. the movie on demand isn't active yet. to top it all off i have all channels working except my world cup channels. 7 days they have had my complaint and no-one can resolve the problem. apparently its techincal and with their it department, Brilliant!

Why on earth did i do this so close to the world cup, we all know etisalt are the worst company in the whole world.

so i will be resorting to trying to find a stream tonight to watch the england game, which will no doubt send me over my 100gb limit which they have applied to the internet.

They have managed to please one person though, my wife, who thinks its great not having the footy on.