Etisalat

Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Etisalat

So has anyone been told to renew their Etisalat/Du registration in order to update their personal details? Neither my company nor any of my colleagues have been told to do so, but I was under the impression that it would apply to everyone.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 4:03 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etisalat

In theory its every single mobile number in the country that needs to be re registered as they have no idea who owns what anymore. The deadline was last month, they gave up on that and there is now a new deadline nobody knows. the shops are well geared up for it though, just take a photo copy of your national id down, fill in the form and hand it in. took me about 5 mins
Old Nov 13th 2012, 4:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
So has anyone been told to renew their Etisalat/Du registration in order to update their personal details? Neither my company nor any of my colleagues have been told to do so, but I was under the impression that it would apply to everyone.
i wasnt told but did it at my convenience, yes everyone has to do it so go and do it before there is a major rush again.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 4:53 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
In theory its every single mobile number in the country that needs to be re registered as they have no idea who owns what anymore. The deadline was last month, they gave up on that and there is now a new deadline nobody knows. the shops are well geared up for it though, just take a photo copy of your national id down, fill in the form and hand it in. took me about 5 mins
BTW, if you're on contract/postpaid, you don't need to do this. It's prepaid only.

Another clearly communicated scheme from the communications authority.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:10 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.etisalat.ae/eportal/en/ge...istration.html

"Telecom Regulatory Authority - TRA has introduced a new policy by which you are required to re-register all your Etisalat MOBILE numbers by updating your profiles with valid and up-to-date ID details.

All you need to do is update your profile with your up-to-date original and valid ID details and specify the mobile numbers (SIM cards) under your name that you would like to re-register.

The numbers that you don't wish to re-register will be disconnected and removed from your profile. In case, if there are customers who are using some of those numbers, then they can register those numbers under their names by signing an undertaking acknowledging the full responsibility of the numbers(SIM Cards) under his/her custody.

Note: Re-registering your mobile accounts is mandatory and fail to do so will result in disconnection of those mobile numbers."

this bit is a pain in the arse

"The registered and re-registered mobile numbers will stay active as long as the ID is valid. Once the ID expired, you have to re-register the mobile numbers again. In case you do not re-register your mobile numbers after ID expiry, then those mobile numbers will be suspended and disconnected. "

wouldnt be surprised if this is wrong though
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:15 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.etisalat.ae/eportal/en/ge...istration.html

"Telecom Regulatory Authority - TRA has introduced a new policy by which you are required to re-register all your Etisalat MOBILE numbers by updating your profiles with valid and up-to-date ID details.

All you need to do is update your profile with your up-to-date original and valid ID details and specify the mobile numbers (SIM cards) under your name that you would like to re-register.

The numbers that you don't wish to re-register will be disconnected and removed from your profile. In case, if there are customers who are using some of those numbers, then they can register those numbers under their names by signing an undertaking acknowledging the full responsibility of the numbers(SIM Cards) under his/her custody.

Note: Re-registering your mobile accounts is mandatory and fail to do so will result in disconnection of those mobile numbers."

this bit is a pain in the arse

"The registered and re-registered mobile numbers will stay active as long as the ID is valid. Once the ID expired, you have to re-register the mobile numbers again. In case you do not re-register your mobile numbers after ID expiry, then those mobile numbers will be suspended and disconnected. "

wouldnt be surprised if this is wrong though
It is wrong. After queuing at Etisalat and Du (MoE) to register both my lines, I was told it's prepay only.

30 mins of my life I'll never get back. I'm just glad it was pretty quiet at the time I went.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:17 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
It is wrong. After queuing at Etisalat and Du (MoE) to register both my lines, I was told it's prepay only.

30 mins of my life I'll never get back. I'm just glad it was pretty quiet at the time I went.
lol i was told the exact opposite
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:27 am
You read these things?

lol i was told the exact opposite
I'm really not surprised.

The logic I was told was that they already have your details on file, and as you pay it month to month, it's easier to make sure you still possess the number.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 7:28 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

So it could be prepay only or both but no one knows?

The usual clarity. I'll try & get a definitive answer.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
So it could be prepay only or both but no one knows?

The usual clarity. I'll try & get a definitive answer.
no its both. i have 3 numbers in my name, for my kids, they are wasel, i did the registration. in my hubs name he has his number (postpaid) and my number which is wasel, he renewed the registration (my number is so old that it was in the days when spouse couldnt "own" anything!!). there has been some mess up with other parties such as car4 etc putting in the applications for new numbers that a lot of them are wrong. i had a massive headache and red tape sharade to get my number corrected (kids one), as it had me down as male, from lebanon and about 20 years younger!!
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yep its only valid the length of your id so use your passport.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BTW, if you're on contract/postpaid, you don't need to do this. It's prepaid only.

Another clearly communicated scheme from the communications authority.
nope its both.