British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Eric on Yas!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/eric-yas-698337/)

DustyBits Dec 28th 2010 6:30 am

Eric on Yas!!

Tickets now on sale for Eric Clapton at Yas Arena 11th Feb. WOO HOOO!! Just got my pair. Doubt if I should wear my "Clapton is God" badge though! :unsure:
Stevie Wonder coming the week after.

DB

yummybrummy Dec 28th 2010 6:35 am

Re: Eric on Yas!!

Originally Posted by DustyBits (Post 9063300)
Tickets now on sale for Eric Clapton at Yas Arena 11th Feb. WOO HOOO!! Just got my pair. Doubt if I should wear my "Clapton is God" badge though! :unsure:
Stevie Wonder coming the week after.

DB

Stevie Wonder, wow that should be good. Might treat my daughter for that one who'll be over visiting for new year.

Spugsy Dec 28th 2010 8:17 am

Originally Posted by yummybrummy (Post 9063305)
Stevie Wonder, wow that should be good. Might treat my daughter for that one who'll be over visiting for new year.

now that does sound like something I can't miss.

yummybrummy Dec 28th 2010 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9063437)
now that does sound like something I can't miss.

Just seen he's not appearing until March 18th, so she's gonna miss it. D'oh.

Yas Island are definitely turning out some brilliant artists - went to see Guns N'Roses and they were absolutely superb. Got backstage too and met one of the guys :thumbup:

Spugsy Dec 28th 2010 8:20 am

Originally Posted by yummybrummy (Post 9063441)
Just seen he's not appearing until March 18th, so she's gonna miss it. D'oh.

Yas Island are definitely turning out some brilliant artists - went to see Guns N'Roses and they were absolutely superb. Got backstage too and met one of the guys :thumbup:

oh groupie are you?

yummybrummy Dec 28th 2010 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9063444)
oh groupie are you?

Hehe hardly. The guy I went with was looking after Guns so he managed to get me backstage :D

benzonar Dec 28th 2010 10:05 am

Plenty more coming soon as well. Events will run all through the year with a break for Ramadan.

Eric is playing the same weekend as the Aussie V8/GP2 event on Yas Marina circuit so it should be a busy weekend. More acts will be announced in the ext month or so.

Max the Dog Dec 28th 2010 10:11 am

Are they doing the Yas Hotel dhs 450 deal?
We got room, breakfast and two Gold circle tickets for G & R...Bargain!!

benzonar Dec 28th 2010 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Max the Dog (Post 9063579)
Are they doing the Yas Hotel dhs 450 deal?
We got room, breakfast and two Gold circle tickets for G & R...Bargain!!

Hotels haven't finalised the deals yet, though Flash were claiming a minimum 2 night stay starting from 1300dhs. Waiting for the hotels to let me know if that is the deal or not.

DXBsocial Dec 29th 2010 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 9063571)
Plenty more coming soon as well. Events will run all through the year with a break for Ramadan.

Eric is playing the same weekend as the Aussie V8/GP2 event on Yas Marina circuit so it should be a busy weekend. More acts will be announced in the ext month or so.

I think the Foo Fighters are playing in May also...:thumbup: