British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The Equalizer RIP (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/equalizer-rip-640773/)

lionheart Nov 16th 2009 12:20 pm

The Equalizer RIP

A truly great British actor has passed away.:(

shiva Nov 16th 2009 12:23 pm

Re: The Equalizer RIP

no more ewar woowar :(

MataHari Nov 16th 2009 12:24 pm

he was crap in Eastenders though...

Spugsy Nov 16th 2009 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8101940)
he was crap in Eastenders though...

buh? when was he in 'Stenders?

Nice baptastic pic btw :)

MataHari Nov 16th 2009 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8101974)
buh? when was he in 'Stenders?

Nice baptastic pic btw :)

His last on-screen appearance was as Tommy Clifford in EastEnders earlier this year, a character who sought forgiveness for the murder of Patrick Trueman's girlfriend decades earlier.

;)

Spugsy Nov 16th 2009 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8101985)
His last on-screen appearance was as Tommy Clifford in EastEnders earlier this year, a character who sought forgiveness for the murder of Patrick Trueman's girlfriend decades earlier.

;)

man loads of good people I like go on there, I DETESTE that programme, the dad from gavin & stacy was on and was a real bastard, I loved him in G&S.

Plus Phil Daniels who is obviously ace, Goldie, loads of people go on there, it makes me sick.

Stupid bastard, miserable, cock-er-ney depressing programme.

MataHari Nov 16th 2009 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8101998)
man loads of good people I like go on there, I DETESTE that programme, the dad from gavin & stacy was on and was a real bastard, I loved him in G&S.

Plus Phil Daniels who is obviously ace, Goldie, loads of people go on there, it makes me sick.

lol...I like it, think you just don't need to take it seriously...although nowadays I will skip for weeks on end...it used to be better with Dan and Angie, Sharon, Michelle etc..

Spugsy Nov 17th 2009 3:29 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8102012)
lol...I like it, think you just don't need to take it seriously...although nowadays I will skip for weeks on end...it used to be better with Dan and Angie, Sharon, Michelle etc..

nah I truly hate it....

another one dead as well:

British rapper Derek B dies at 44

British rapper Derek B, one of the first UK hip-hop stars to enjoy chart success and an influence on future urban artists, has died aged 44.

Derek Boland had UK top 20 hits with Good Groove and Bad Young Brother in 1988.

His hits saw him become one of the first British hip-hop stars to appear on programmes like Top of the Pops.

"He definitely broke the door down," London rapper Ty told BBC News.

"He was one of the first artists that I saw get to such a level through rap, and be on Top of the Pops, be on children's programmes, be on the world stage.

"He was one of the ones to do it first, when it was thoroughly unacceptable from the mainstream perspective. At the time, he was absolutely groundbreaking. He definitely broke the door down."

Boland suffered a heart attack, according to reports.

BBC Radio 1 DJ Zane Lowe paid tribute on Twitter, saying Boland's 1988 debut Bullet From A Gun "was a massive album for me", while singer Estelle described him as a "UK originator".

Norm_uk Nov 17th 2009 4:36 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8101927)
A truly great British actor has passed away.:(

Saddening...I loved him in The Wicker Man.

N.

Blue Cat Nov 17th 2009 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8101998)

new series of Gav and Stacey starts on 26th of November in the Uk :)

RIP Mr Woodward :huh:

Spugsy Nov 17th 2009 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8103803)
new series of Gav and Stacey starts on 26th of November in the Uk :)

RIP Mr Woodward :huh:

i never even got to see the 2nd series, stupid showtime got halfway through then started at the beginning again, they do that so much, they are real twats.

commander Nov 17th 2009 6:55 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8101985)

;)

i saw that..i never twigged that it was the equaliser!!

well bugger me sideways

commander Nov 17th 2009 6:56 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8102012)
Dan and Angie, Sharon, Michelle etc..

i hated Desperate Dan

MataHari Nov 17th 2009 9:05 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8104010)
i hated Desperate Dan

I hated Lofty...oh and Barry...

lionheart Nov 17th 2009 9:45 am

Edward Woodward also played the murder victim's grandfather in Five Days, a BBC series we are currently watching on DVD.