Equality

Old Dec 20th 2013, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Equality

I've just returned from Cambridge, where some willowy (but tall) arsehead had a go at me. I'm used to abuse, indead, at times welcome it. Today, I wasn't, though. I am at least 25 years older than the twerps I met, and I was quietly having a pre xmas pint when one decided to throw his insubstansial weight about.
25 years experience in how to hurt people Vs public school arrogance. Hmm...
I don't leave bruises any more.
Are you listening Millhouse?
(Really . it should be Milhous, after Nixon's middle name, but that is perhaps beyond you...)
Do I like Cambridge? Can I carry knuckledusters?
No? Then , no....
I should point out that I have a Meccanno frame in six points holding my head together. Christmas dinner will be 40 cigarrettes and quick toots at liquid morphine.
Everything else is Sub Rosa...Addenbrookes threw me out in expectation of the Christmas rush
( I have a small spanner to take things apart if I puke. Great!)

Last edited by OleJanx; Dec 20th 2013 at 10:23 pm. Reason: Spanner.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Equality

You were in a fight and she broke your jaw?

Seriously: hope you are ok. That sucks.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
You were in a fight and she broke your jaw?

Seriously: hope you are ok. That sucks.
Yes, I was in a fight My head is held together by a Mecanno cage drilled into six places. Christmas dinner is going to be through a straw. quite literally, it sucks...
Old Dec 21st 2013, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Yes, I was in a fight. Christmas dinner is going to be through a straw. quite literally, it sucks...
Ow! How long till you can eat properly? Was there an arrest? What did you do to the other bloke?

Just before christmas too....
Old Dec 21st 2013, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I am very sorry to hear this Ole.

For what it's worth, it probably wasn't a student as they broke up three weeks ago (the short terms were the only redeeming features of my university days). The locals are indeed a very special (in)breed... and there was always a tension between the locals and the tourists/students.

On the upside, I always found Addies is quite a nice hospital though due to having a good pool of highly educated trainees at its disposal.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 3:41 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

the Town part of Cambridge is rough. I went to college (not university) there, just round the corner from Addenbrokes. It was an education in itself.

Sorry to hear you got hurt so badly.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
the Town part of Cambridge is rough. I went to college (not university) there, just round the corner from Addenbrokes. It was an education in itself.

Sorry to hear you got hurt so badly.
First off, sorry Millhouse, yes it was more likely Town rather than Gown.
As to how long I have to deal with the world with a steel cage, well four to five weeks. Baaah! ( or as all I can manage at the moment Bluuuegh!)

All captured on CCT. I don't come out too well, but the ultra-violence I recieved was too much to ignore. All a bit sub rosa at the moment, but the last time my head hurt this much was 25 years or so ago and I had a jaw full of braces and Plymouth Breathren parents with a dull view of pain killers.
At the moment, I have a small jar of liquid morphine, a bottle of brandy ( spanner near to hand) and some Tramadol. Somewhere, something will work...
Old Dec 21st 2013, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Added complication: I 've just tried yawning. Arrgh! Was that a painful (non) experience...I really wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Grim times ahead. Poo!
Old Dec 21st 2013, 5:38 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

ouch! sorry mate! one can say 'should have this' or 'would have that', but just write this one down in the 'life experience' column and carry on
I can sort of empathize with you, got played around with a baseball bat once, couldnt open my mouth to eat anything for a week, no where nearly as bad as yours I am sure, but still I can feel your pain, sorry
Old Dec 21st 2013, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
ouch! sorry mate! one can say 'should have this' or 'would have that', but just write this one down in the 'life experience' column and carry on
I can sort of empathize with you, got played around with a baseball bat once, couldnt open my mouth to eat anything for a week, no where nearly as bad as yours I am sure, but still I can feel your pain, sorry
Thanks for your message. The one great thing about pain is that you only have a distant memory of it - if you didn't you'd be f**ked up for ever.
At the moment, I've been awake 38 hours, as I'm dealing with pain at the real life countdown. I've been taking the prescribed pain killers, and some not so prescribed, and I still want to scream the halliujah chorus, but this, hopefully will pass.
Mood indigo, but all being well, something will numb me to sleep....
Old Dec 21st 2013, 6:17 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

how about 'spiking' the tea a bit
Old Dec 21st 2013, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

lordy

sounds painful

do you get to keep the Meccano?
Old Dec 21st 2013, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by flares
lordy

sounds painful
It is mind roaringly painful.
do you get to keep the Meccano?
No, it doesn't fit my large 1950's kit. More things to swear about! Imperial and metric and all that...
Old Dec 21st 2013, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
how about 'spiking' the tea a bit
Tea spiked, Tramadol doubled, too many hours on, getting bleary, but still awake. I caught my head on the lampshade ( please, don't ask- I don't know either, it was first for me) The pain receptors said 'Hello and Hell! Disturbance for a while and then some tedious background! Smile! Oh! You can't!'
Joy, oh joy....
Old Dec 21st 2013, 7:12 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Any chance of a pic?

Seriously, sorry to hear this, get well soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.