British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Envy - Le Meridien (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/envy-le-meridien-622173/)

Abu Andy Jul 26th 2009 10:45 am

Envy - Le Meridien

I noticed on Thursday night there is a club called Envy on Le Meridien site. It is situated next to the Mexican Restaurant.

I tried to get in and I got a knock back. (No, I wasn't drunk)

Does anyone know what it is like?

A.A.

Euc- Jul 26th 2009 11:28 am

Re: Envy - Le Meridien

Wrong shoes then? :p

(sorry, no idea about the club, which Meridien are you talking about?)

soukie Jul 26th 2009 11:42 am

Envy Private Club - Abu Dhabi.Monday : Karaoke Night
With Teddy J Who Is Mixing Arabic English French And Spanich Songs
Tuesday : Ladies Night
Fusion Music (House , Hip Hop And Arabic)
Wednesday : Oriental Night
With The One Man Show Rosario
Thursday : Fusion Night
With Dj Kayou Who is Mixing The Best Oriental Beat , House , Hip Hop And Arabic Music
Friday : Lebanese Night
With The One Man band Rosario
Saturday : Ladies Night
Sunday : Radio Hits Night
With Dj Kayou (Deep , Triable , Progressive And Electro House Music

Dress code: smart & sexyLocated at Le Meridien - Abu Dhabi
Opening Hours : 10pm-2am weekends 10pm-3:30am

Perhaps it was down to dress code!

Roadking Jul 26th 2009 11:44 am

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 7785167)
Envy Private Club - Abu Dhabi.Monday : Karaoke Night
With Teddy J Who Is Mixing Arabic English French And Spanich Songs
Tuesday : Ladies Night
Wednesday : Oriental Night
With The One Man Show Rosario
Thursday : Fusion Night
With Dj Kayou Who is Mixing The Best Oriental Beat , House , Hip Hop And Arabic Music
Friday : Lebanese Night
With The One Man band Rosario
Saturday : Ladies Night
Sunday : Radio Hits Night
With Dj Kayou (Deep , Triable , Progressive And Electro House Music

Dress code: smart & sexyLocated at Le Meridien - Abu Dhabi
Opening Hours : 10pm-2am weekends 10pm-3:30am

Perhaps it was down to dress code!

...or the sexy?

Abu Andy Jul 26th 2009 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7785172)
...or the sexy?

Got me on that one :o

Blue Cat Jul 26th 2009 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Abu Andy (Post 7785264)
Got me on that one :o

:rofl:

kittycat1 Jul 26th 2009 4:14 pm

Smart and sexy??

Ok; Am now in a blind panic, after living in London for several years I haven't made much of an effort in going out for years- you know what it's like- ultra casual, jeans and flats for when I can't grab a cab that goes south of the river and end up walking home at 4 in the morning. What is the general dress code at night out there and are they strict. Will my jeans, converse and eyeliner be enough to get me through the doors or do I need to practise tottering in heels again? :thumbdown:

Kitycat
x

MataHari Jul 26th 2009 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 7785569)
Smart and sexy??

Ok; Am now in a blind panic, after living in London for several years I haven't made much of an effort in going out for years- you know what it's like- ultra casual, jeans and flats for when I can't grab a cab that goes south of the river and end up walking home at 4 in the morning. What is the general dress code at night out there and are they strict. Will my jeans, converse and eyeliner be enough to get me through the doors or do I need to practise tottering in heels again? :thumbdown:

Kitycat
x

depends on where you going, but most women dress up...heels, dresses, cute little bags...think Paris Hilton...

Emerald_Eyes Jul 26th 2009 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 7785569)
Smart and sexy??

Kitycat
x

Unfortunately women get dressed up to the nines even to go to the most casual of bars here. They also think fashion means wearing a denim mini skirt and tight tshirt or an acid yellow micro mini ruffle dress from H&M. A sight to behold especially when they're "ahem" not exactly spring chickens lol.

MataHari Jul 26th 2009 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7785605)
Unfortunately women get dressed up to the nines even to go to the most casual of bars here. They also think fashion means wearing a denim mini skirt and tight tshirt or an acid yellow micro mini ruffle dress from H&M. A sight to behold especially when they're "ahem" not exactly spring chickens lol.

there is a whole world between sneakers and jeans and what you are describing...

Think most bars/clubs here are smart casual than casual...unless you want to go the DoubleDeckers/Rockbottom route...but even there, I can't remember ever seeing a woman in sneakers...

Emerald_Eyes Jul 26th 2009 4:54 pm

Most bars are smart casual in theory, but the way women dress here is hilarious. It's Paris Hilton Prostitute chic if I had to describe it. More is more seems to be the motto in Dubai, in every aspect!

I stick to sandals and ballet flats when I want to go casual. I'm not really a converse kind of girl, but I think if you wore them with some nice jeans, a cute top and accessories, you shouldn't have any problems. You're a stylist, so I'm sure you look good all the time :)

benzonar Jul 26th 2009 4:57 pm

Most of the places are ok with shoes and a collar (ie no trainers and t-shirts)

Went to the Hilton the other week and tried getting into the Jazz bar, no joy as you needed a collar. Luckily one of the girls there managed to get hold of a white waiters shirt that I put over my t-shirt. When I got in there about 8 other guys were wearing exactly the same shirt. Found it a bit wanky tbh.

MataHari Jul 26th 2009 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7785626)
Most bars are smart casual in theory, but the way women dress here is hilarious. It's Paris Hilton Prostitute chic if I had to describe it. More is more seems to be the motto in Dubai, in every aspect!

I stick to sandals and ballet flats when I want to go casual. I'm not really a converse kind of girl, but I think if you wore them with some nice jeans, a cute top and accessories, you shouldn't have any problems. You're a stylist, so I'm sure you look good all the time :)

well, I like it for people watching...and I do like to put a little more effort into what I wear when I go out...and not cause I am an old chick but because it's nice to look a bit more 'glamorous' at night going out...

Emerald_Eyes Jul 26th 2009 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7785631)
well, I like it for people watching...and I do like to put a little more effort into what I wear when I go out...and not cause I am an old chick but because it's nice to look a bit more 'glamorous' at night going out...

That's true, it is fun to get dressed up and at least you can do it here. You're definitely not an "old chick" MH!

kittycat1 Jul 26th 2009 7:30 pm

It's Paris Hilton Prostitute chic if I had to describe it
Oh dear god!! Thats a look that I never wanted to see! I shall take some business cards out with me(or a gun to shoot the worst culprits!)!

You're a stylist, so I'm sure you look good all the time
Hmm - I'd love to agree with you but generally I'm in work clobber which generally means getting my hands dirty and getting on with it so glamourous it is not! May have to update the wardrobe!!!:)

xxx