British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The English Cricket Team (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/english-cricket-team-710945/)

AnotherWorld Mar 26th 2011 4:29 pm

The English Cricket Team
 
Are awesomely shit.

That is all.

Sandboy Mar 26th 2011 6:41 pm

Re: The English Cricket Team
 
they won the Ashes :cool:

nottmbantam Mar 26th 2011 8:16 pm

Re: The English Cricket Team
 
They were today, but to be fair, had pulled a couple of pretty decent results (and a couple of shockers ), so it was always going to be a bit unpredictable.

Well done Sri Lanka though, they were pretty good. Just looking forward to the Pakistan v India semi final now.

Ronnie Biggs Mar 27th 2011 6:13 am

Re: The English Cricket Team
 

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld (Post 9266051)
Are awesomely shit.

That is all.

Winning the World 20:20, then The Ashes before reaching the semis of the World Cup..... I wish the England football team were that shit too! :huh:

DeadVim Mar 27th 2011 7:44 am

Re: The English Cricket Team
 

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs (Post 9267005)
Winning the World 20:20, then The Ashes before reaching the semis of the World Cup..... I wish the England football team were that shit too! :huh:

Beating SA and a tie with India isn't exactly shabby either.

It's nice of the OP's parents to let them use the computer though ;)

The Dean Mar 27th 2011 9:49 am

Re: The English Cricket Team
 

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld (Post 9266051)
Are awesomely shit.

That is all.

The 'exhaustion' story (normally a crap excuse) may have some merit this time. Teams who have just had long tours/series have mostly looked sluggish in this WC (England, Australia, South Africa).

AnotherWorld Mar 27th 2011 11:04 am

Re: The English Cricket Team
 
Poms are so funny when it comes to cricket :)

The Dean Mar 27th 2011 12:33 pm

Re: The English Cricket Team
 

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld (Post 9267267)
Poms are so funny when it comes to cricket :)

You know what?

It's not the eternal disappointment I hate - it's the occasional optimism......

flares Mar 28th 2011 5:19 am

Re: The English Cricket Team
 
from Sky footage this morning...

Strauss when arriving at the airport greeted by his wife son and had a gushingly sweet embrace and dialogue about whether there was a present for the boy in his bags.

Punter when arriving at the airport greeted by wife and daughter...'where did ya park the car, Sheila?' :thumbup:

Noted both had their golf clubs with them on the trolleys!! Punter Titleist, Strauss Taylormade!!

DeadVim Mar 28th 2011 5:42 am

Re: The English Cricket Team
 

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 9268728)
from Sky footage this morning...

Strauss when arriving at the airport greeted by his wife son and had a gushingly sweet embrace and dialogue about whether there was a present for the boy in his bags.

Punter when arriving at the airport greeted by wife and daughter...'where did ya park the car, Sheila?' :thumbup:

Noted both had their golf clubs with them on the trolleys!! Punter Titleist, Strauss Taylormade!!

Did Punter's wife ask him again if he had brought The Ashes back?

AnotherWorld Mar 30th 2011 3:11 am

Re: The English Cricket Team
 

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9267398)
You know what?

It's not the eternal disappointment I hate - it's the occasional optimism......

Its only occasional because once the English cricket team win, the defeatist nature of their supporters worries that they have to keep winning.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:45 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.