British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   England vs Wales (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/england-vs-wales-865764/)

Irishbeekeeper Sep 26th 2015 8:50 pm

England vs Wales

I am watching the last 10 minutes of this game and still 2 minutes to go and I think Wales will win it. What a try at the end and that kick from that guy from the middle of the field!!!!
Wow!!!

Irishbeekeeper Sep 26th 2015 8:52 pm

Re: England vs Wales

and yes I don't know much about Rugby so... :)
and why was the king to be (Inshallah :)) rooting for the Wales team? I honestly don't know this one.

Dumbo Sep 27th 2015 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11758512)
and yes I don't know much about Rugby so... :)
and why was the king to be (Inshallah :)) rooting for the Wales team? I honestly don't know this one.

William is a Vice Patron of the Welsh Rugby Union (whatever that means), while his brother has links to the English Rugby Union. Maybe to do with his father being the Prince of Wales?

As for the result it was close, an English collapse is never to be ruled out, especially with the cork ball.

Irishbeekeeper Sep 28th 2015 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Dumbo (Post 11758715)
William is a Vice Patron of the Welsh Rugby Union (whatever that means), while his brother has links to the English Rugby Union. Maybe to do with his father being the Prince of Wales?

As for the result it was close, an English collapse is never to be ruled out, especially with the cork ball.

So when he becomes the king, if there is another England and Wales match, will he still be sporting the red jersey? Do you think thats proper?

and cork ball? I thought rugby balls were made of leather?

Dumbo Sep 28th 2015 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11759417)
So when he becomes the king, if there is another England and Wales match, will he still be sporting the red jersey? Do you think thats proper?

and cork ball? I thought rugby balls were made of leather?

It doesn't bother me too much tbh. He would also be the king of Wales, Scotland, etc. Maybe he can get a special half and half jersey made up, along with matching half and half face paint.

Correct, I was referring to the all too familiar cricket collapse known throughout the cricketing world as 'doing an England'. At least in my house.

nonthaburi Sep 28th 2015 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Dumbo (Post 11759544)
It doesn't bother me too much tbh. He would also be the king of Wales, Scotland, etc. Maybe he can get a special half and half jersey made up, along with matching half and half face paint.

Correct, I was referring to the all too familiar cricket collapse known throughout the cricketing world as 'doing an England'. At least in my house.

BBC Sport - Ashes 2015: 'It's Pomicide' - world reacts to Australia's collapse

Australia had their moments too this year though!

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 29th 2015 4:44 am

Eurgh. The ****ing Welsh.

Irishbeekeeper Sep 30th 2015 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11760243)

That bad eh?
I guess it's as bad as us loosing to the Bengalis ;)

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 30th 2015 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11761429)
That bad eh?
I guess it's as bad as us loosing to the Bengalis ;)

Think of the least important 'nation' or county nearby and lose to them. To them it's the biggest thing they'll have in their meaningless lives. To you it's just an annoyance, like getting dripped on or having to queue slightly longer for petrol.

Inselaffen Sep 30th 2015 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11761546)
Think of the least important 'nation' or county nearby and lose to them. To them it's the biggest thing they'll have in their meaningless lives. To you it's just an annoyance, like getting dripped on or having to queue slightly longer for petrol.

did we lose against Scotland? :britflag:

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 30th 2015 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 11761561)
did we lose against Scotland? :britflag:

I'm half Scottish so can't say that or Dad would disown me. In fact, the smug so-and-so said I had 24 hours after the loss to convert once and for all. :lol:

Brains1983 Oct 1st 2015 6:56 am

Inselaffen Oct 2nd 2015 6:12 am

Will be interesting if we be Australia as neither they nor the Welsh managed a Bonus point against Fiji.

Irishbeekeeper Oct 3rd 2015 9:04 pm

33-13??? Aw cmon guys!
All blacks and Kangroos final?
I reckon the kiwis are the favorites!
But the welsh are in??? Some heads need to roll!!!!

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 4th 2015 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11760243)

Eurgh. The ****ing Aussies.