British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   England v Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/england-v-spain-590792/)

pauldxb Feb 11th 2009 9:41 am

England v Spain

Does anyone know what if any TV channels are showing the game or what bars or even any websites

Sky Blue Feb 11th 2009 11:58 am

Re: England v Spain

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7274058)
Does anyone know what if any TV channels are showing the game or what bars or even any websites

I think most England games are shown on Al Jazeera, or certainly the last few have been.

I would have thought most bars, will be showing it that has a screen, beer and some English turn up...
Where do you live?

BangleMan Feb 11th 2009 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7274058)

I see you are keen to see Carlton Cole make the first of his 100 caps tonight arent you....lol

Sandboy Feb 11th 2009 12:30 pm

yep, AL Jazeera+2

1-02-09 21:00 ITV1
ITV HD
TRT 1
La 7
Digitalb Supersport 1
Polsat Sport
Setanta Ireland
Al Jazeera Sport +2
TVE1 Spain v England Friendly

pauldxb Feb 11th 2009 1:59 pm

Al Jazerra 2...... im sure thats on showtime, nice 1 KO is at 1am thought isnt it :confused:

Shadya Feb 11th 2009 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7274406)
I see you are keen to see Carlton Cole make the first of his 100 caps tonight arent you....lol

We have already seen Man City beat Italy 2-0 and watched Phil Caceido score the winner for Ecuador against England U21's so the rest have little appeal to be honest. Did anybody see the Robinho goal? Sheer poetry.

BangleMan Feb 11th 2009 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7274993)
We have already seen Man City beat Italy 2-0 and watched Phil Caceido score the winner for Ecuador against England U21's so the rest have little appeal to be honest. Did anybody see the Robinho goal? Sheer poetry.

shame you cant beat most of the premiership teams eh...

The Dean Feb 11th 2009 5:47 pm

There's World Cup qualifying - including the Boggies - tonight so that will be on at least one channel, surely?

The Dean Feb 11th 2009 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7275595)
There's World Cup qualifying - including the Boggies - tonight so that will be on at least one channel, surely?

.......... and talking of World Cup qualifying, tonight's defeat leaves the serious possibility that the Saudis won't qualify for the finals.........

............which will be something of a shock, as they've been in each of the last four tournaments..........

pauldxb Feb 11th 2009 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7274507)
yep, AL Jazeera+2

ITV HD
TRT 1
La 7
Digitalb Supersport 1
Polsat Sport
Setanta Ireland
Al Jazeera Sport +2

How do you know this

nottmbantam Feb 11th 2009 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7275610)
.......... and talking of World Cup qualifying, tonight's defeat leaves the serious possibility that the Saudis won't qualify for the finals.........

............which will be something of a shock, as they've been in each of the last four tournaments..........

Is that so? Haven't seen the latest scores, will have to catch up and see the Saudi's when they play at home - do they play the home games in Riyadh?

The Dean Feb 11th 2009 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 7275690)
Is that so? Haven't seen the latest scores, will have to catch up and see the Saudi's when they play at home - do they play the home games in Riyadh?

They alternate between Riyadh and Jeddah........... UAE in Riyadh on 1 April, and North Korea (who beat them today) on 17 June, venue TBA.

They've got to win three out of four now I think........ at least.

nottmbantam Feb 11th 2009 7:15 pm

Cool, might be back in Riyadh for the UAE game. If not, just be my luck that the North Korea game will be played here in Jeddah. Would be great watching the World Cup here next year if the Saudi's are in it.

pauldxb Feb 12th 2009 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7274507)
yep, AL Jazeera+2

ITV HD
TRT 1
La 7
Digitalb Supersport 1
Polsat Sport
Setanta Ireland
Al Jazeera Sport +2

It wasnt on al jazeera + 2, but we lost so never mind

Sandboy Feb 12th 2009 11:56 am

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7277055)
It wasnt on al jazeera + 2, but we lost so never mind

sure ? I don't think AJ+2 is available on showtime. +3 is their English channel I think and that certainly isn't. I have a card but I wouldn't watch England if they were on the back garden tbh never mind stay up all night

I got that info from satfootball because I couldn't remember this link which is usually a bit more accurate for future reference

http://liveonsat.com/daily.php?start...&end_yyyy=2009