Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

England Football Great Resut

England Football Great Resut

Old Jun 30th 2016, 5:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: England Football Great Resut

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Agree mate but the trouble is these lads have it all now . The Premiership has given the players everything and more that they could ever wish for .

I read a great piece yesterday regarding academy's and how they've turned players soft and they're not creating the drive and hunger . There's players in the UK aged 12 that have got agents already , they should be playing Junior County football on waterlogged pitches on a Sunday morning getting spanked 7 zip , that's what builds the mindset.

We need to change the mentality of our young players. England are far from the great team that they think they are but we were shown up this week as a side which was lacking the basics.

Take Jack Wilshire , lauded as the next Gazza , picked up as a 12 year old and touted around every club in Europe as a kid . Has some talent but has zero drive and character. If he was working for you he'd be the kid constantly off sick but for a while you put up with him because he's slightly better than the rest. Then you realise his attitude is shite and bullet him .
Originally Posted by jam25mack
Also what about Rashford? Got MoM after only being on the field for 4 mins.

I think we were experience heavy and talent, hunger, desire light..... and of course tactics and actually knowing who the best 11 were might have helped.

As soon as I saw the squad I knew it was going to be a disaster..... Taking players based on who they are rather than the form they had been in over the previous season was always going to end in tears.

For me Henderson, Sturridge and Sterling should have been nowhere near the team. I'm going to add Hart to that for the future and controversially Kane if he can't calm his ego down. He needs to stop thinking he is a Beckhamesque dead ball master..... Having a shot from 40yards out..... have a word with yourself.

Rooney, I still would have taken as you do need some experience and he had settled into that midfield role well and can and does put a shift in all over the pitch. This was kind of shown in the first 3 games when, for me, he was probably our best player. Admittedly he fully crashed and burned in the Iceland game though.

Ultimately though we need a manager who knows football, has a plan and knows who is preferred 11 is. Woy didn't have a clue, especially on the later.

Agreed the FA need to be kicked out and the whole system needs to be reviewed and restructured.
Agree completely with both of you.

CDB - Yep. A kid just needs to 'make it' and get a pro contract and then they get the cars, the money, the houses and the whores. If they're shit they know they can ride out a few more years and then take championship money and they're set. No incentive to go and be a winner.

Tragic really.

Jam - FA - yep, agree completely. Manager - agree completely, and they need to have the bottle to pick 11 Milner's if that's what it's going to take. Agree on Henderson, Sturridge and Sterling. Wilshere should have been nowhere near the squad either.

Rooney I think should comfortably be considered one of England's greats. He's our only player of anything resembling even being close to world class. Iceland was a bad game but he's one of the few I believe hasn't done himself too much of a disservice.

Rashford - it's tough. He did his stock a favour but similarly I don't think he sohuld have been there. Think how long Spanish, Italian etc players are in the U19/20/21 set ups for? Iceland's team got to an U20's Euro QF a few years back with most of this squad (I think I read that somewhere)....taking 20year olds out the youth set up where they get loads of experience and can bond as a unit seems counterproductive unless they're MEssi or Ronaldo.

Let them play. Let them learn, make the little ****tards FIGHT a bit for a place in the full squad. Rashford won't want to go back to U21 type England games now will he....it isn't his fault, so I don't blame him at all, I just think it's a mistake.

Wankers. Wankers wankers wankers.

With this and what's happening to the Liverpool / Spurs supply team that I support I'm going back to having rugby as my priority this year....
Old Jun 30th 2016, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Agree completely with both of you.

CDB - Yep. A kid just needs to 'make it' and get a pro contract and then they get the cars, the money, the houses and the whores. If they're shit they know they can ride out a few more years and then take championship money and they're set. No incentive to go and be a winner.

Tragic really.

Jam - FA - yep, agree completely. Manager - agree completely, and they need to have the bottle to pick 11 Milner's if that's what it's going to take. Agree on Henderson, Sturridge and Sterling. Wilshere should have been nowhere near the squad either.

Rooney I think should comfortably be considered one of England's greats. He's our only player of anything resembling even being close to world class. Iceland was a bad game but he's one of the few I believe hasn't done himself too much of a disservice.

Rashford - it's tough. He did his stock a favour but similarly I don't think he sohuld have been there. Think how long Spanish, Italian etc players are in the U19/20/21 set ups for? Iceland's team got to an U20's Euro QF a few years back with most of this squad (I think I read that somewhere)....taking 20year olds out the youth set up where they get loads of experience and can bond as a unit seems counterproductive unless they're MEssi or Ronaldo.

Let them play. Let them learn, make the little ****tards FIGHT a bit for a place in the full squad. Rashford won't want to go back to U21 type England games now will he....it isn't his fault, so I don't blame him at all, I just think it's a mistake.

Wankers. Wankers wankers wankers.

With this and what's happening to the Liverpool / Spurs supply team that I support I'm going back to having rugby as my priority this year....

Taking Jack Wheelchair to France was an insult to every English midfielder in the country
Old Jun 30th 2016, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lightandbitter
Taking Jack Wheelchair to France was an insult to every English midfielder in the country
Agreed , as well as that Joe Hart . Big gobby bully with too much to say that got found wanting again from low grade opposition .
Old Jun 30th 2016, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Townsend should have gone instead.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 6:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Agreed , as well as that Joe Hart . Big gobby bully with too much to say that got found wanting again from low grade opposition .
So, Hart is now 28? 29?

Next big tournament he'll be 30/31. Not over the hill for a keeper but not spring chicken territory either. Let's say he's passed it by then. We need to drop some of these players sooner rather than later to let the next ones through. Forster or Heaton or whoever. Let them play the qualifiers and build confidence and experience.

(Perhaps JH will survive for next WC and then be gone)

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
Townsend should have gone instead.
Townsend's stats this season were better than Sterling, Ox and Walcott.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Glenn Hoddle current favourite yet he's been out of the game for 10 year!

You couldn't make it up.

I'd like to see Carlo Ancelotti.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I guess people have forgotten about his views on the disabled and why he was kicked out in the first place.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute

You couldn't make it up.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2uhl28k.jpg

I'd like to see Carlo Ancelotti.
They will give it Allerdyce. 10-1 is tempting
Old Jun 30th 2016, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

They will give it Allerdyce. 10-1 is tempting
"The nights of the long balls"...
Old Jun 30th 2016, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

"The nights of the long balls"...
I didn't say it was the right choice, Fat Sam is an FA man
Old Jun 30th 2016, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

PaddyPower on Hoddle LOL

Old Jun 30th 2016, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I guess people have forgotten about his views on the disabled and why he was kicked out in the first place.
Good old Eileen Drewery !
Old Jun 30th 2016, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

You're right about Wiltshire, I forgot about him.

So, Hart is now 28? 29?

Next big tournament he'll be 30/31. Not over the hill for a keeper but not spring chicken territory either. Let's say he's passed it by then. We need to drop some of these players sooner rather than later to let the next ones through. Forster or Heaton or whoever. Let them play the qualifiers and build confidence and experience.
I get rid now and start planning for the future. As I have said many a time this season on the EPL thread, I think he's a decent keeper but way off being a great keeper. Where would you rank him in Europe? Nowhere near top 10, top 20 - possibly, top 30 - probably. I'd whack Forster in.... in fact I'd give all the talented youngsters a shot. What have we got to lose.

Townsend's stats this season were better than Sterling, Ox and Walcott.
So was mine and I haven't kicked a ball!
Old Jun 30th 2016, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Fair bit of money for Klinsmann today.

Would they really ??!!!??
Old Jun 30th 2016, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

also seen Larry White being mentioned as a possible replacement

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.