Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

England Football Great Resut

England Football Great Resut

Old Jun 29th 2016, 11:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: England Football Great Resut

Originally Posted by Millhouse
the self-proclaimed non-twats, of course.

or, maybe iggle.
Iggle is definitely a bench mark.
Old Jun 29th 2016, 11:49 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

I just won the EURO's on FM with England. Piss easy

I am not a twat, i just need a place to vent
Old Jun 29th 2016, 12:00 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

best way to destroy any sport, introduce money to it
you guys pay too much to those punks
the FA is just another wanker version of FIFA imho
who decided one day to let FA run things? take away all the money and the sponsorship and let your boys get paid only if they win matches, in a league or international, you will see results in 6 months
Old Jun 29th 2016, 2:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
best way to destroy any sport, introduce money to it
you guys pay too much to those punks
the FA is just another wanker version of FIFA imho
who decided one day to let FA run things? take away all the money and the sponsorship and let your boys get paid only if they win matches, in a league or international, you will see results in 6 months
You're bang on the money. Geddit?

The FA are a money making business not the leaders of our footballing talent and nation. That is the problem. St George's park is a hotel and business centre...not a world class training facility.

The FA have to return investment, whereas other nations see the investment as investment and the return is success.

Tragic.
Old Jun 29th 2016, 2:25 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

The FA are a money making business not the leaders of our footballing talent and nation. That is the problem. St George's park is a hotel and business centre...not a world class training facility.

The FA have to return investment, whereas other nations see the investment as investment and the return is success.

Tragic.
Here's a whacky idea. Why don't you start referendum on getting rid of FA? I am sure the vote will be more one sided this time.
Old Jun 29th 2016, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Tragic.
Players have no character mate , they've been schooled by top class coaches on snooker table pitches since they were 8 or 9 .

When they're out on the field and the shit hits the fan they're clueless . Anyone that's played competitive sport at basic level knows when they're involved with leaders and players who inspire.

England have none , it's social thing as well . Very little desire anymore . Kids are just not hungry enough for the game of life and the shit you need to plod through to succeed
Old Jun 29th 2016, 3:52 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

how's everyone doing?

Lots of very familiar names. Hope everyone is doing well in the sandpit.

Been 2 years since i left and although been back a few times, cant really say i miss it too much. Would i return, hell yea.

just thought i would pop on and see what everyone was upto. I actually was wanting to have a discussion with the financial types..regarding a UK GBP investment post Brexit and i thought that a forum full of british expats would be a fine place to revisit!

take care everyone.
Old Jun 29th 2016, 11:37 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to know if the percentage of twats on here has risen due to arrival of new twats, or the departure of non-twats
we've not reached peak twat. there is not a one twat in - one twat out policy as yet. unfortunately.

anecdotal evidence leads some to believe there has been a swing towards the new twats and some fear the bored is about to be over run by a plague of new twats as the old twats influence fade.

the pessimistic believe that twats of either age have already taken over.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 4:01 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to know if the percentage of twats on here has risen due to arrival of new twats, or the departure of non-twats
Twat
Old Jun 30th 2016, 4:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Players have no character mate , they've been schooled by top class coaches on snooker table pitches since they were 8 or 9 .

When they're out on the field and the shit hits the fan they're clueless . Anyone that's played competitive sport at basic level knows when they're involved with leaders and players who inspire.

England have none , it's social thing as well . Very little desire anymore . Kids are just not hungry enough for the game of life and the shit you need to plod through to succeed
Agree with that completely. I think another problem is lack of experience, but I can tolerate a shit tournament if players like Dier, Alli etc all learn and grow from it.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with that completely. I think another problem is lack of experience, but I can tolerate a shit tournament if players like Dier, Alli etc all learn and grow from it.
Agree mate but the trouble is these lads have it all now . The Premiership has given the players everything and more that they could ever wish for .

I read a great piece yesterday regarding academy's and how they've turned players soft and they're not creating the drive and hunger . There's players in the UK aged 12 that have got agents already , they should be playing Junior County football on waterlogged pitches on a Sunday morning getting spanked 7 zip , that's what builds the mindset.

We need to change the mentality of our young players. England are far from the great team that they think they are but we were shown up this week as a side which was lacking the basics.

Take Jack Wilshire , lauded as the next Gazza , picked up as a 12 year old and touted around every club in Europe as a kid . Has some talent but has zero drive and character. If he was working for you he'd be the kid constantly off sick but for a while you put up with him because he's slightly better than the rest. Then you realise his attitude is shite and bullet him .
Old Jun 30th 2016, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I think another problem is lack of experience, but I can tolerate a shit tournament if players like Dier, Alli etc all learn and grow from it.

Also what about Rashford? Got MoM after only being on the field for 4 mins.

I think we were experience heavy and talent, hunger, desire light..... and of course tactics and actually knowing who the best 11 were might have helped.

As soon as I saw the squad I knew it was going to be a disaster..... Taking players based on who they are rather than the form they had been in over the previous season was always going to end in tears.

For me Henderson, Sturridge and Sterling should have been nowhere near the team. I'm going to add Hart to that for the future and controversially Kane if he can't calm his ego down. He needs to stop thinking he is a Beckhamesque dead ball master..... Having a shot from 40yards out..... have a word with yourself.

Rooney, I still would have taken as you do need some experience and he had settled into that midfield role well and can and does put a shift in all over the pitch. This was kind of shown in the first 3 games when, for me, he was probably our best player. Admittedly he fully crashed and burned in the Iceland game though.

Ultimately though we need a manager who knows football, has a plan and knows who is preferred 11 is. Woy didn't have a clue, especially on the later.

Agreed the FA need to be kicked out and the whole system needs to be reviewed and restructured.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 5:17 am
Banned

Surely its the immigrants fault, coming to the English Premier League and taking all our jobs!!!

Old Jun 30th 2016, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
There's players in the UK aged 12 that have got agents already , they should be playing Junior County football on waterlogged pitches on a Sunday morning getting spanked 7 zip , that's what builds the mindset.
Exactly this.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute

Need blood and guts players.

Mark Noble should have been in the squad

Would have taken A.Carroll too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.