British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The end is nigh (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/end-nigh-779181/)

kittycat1 Nov 29th 2012 3:15 pm

The end is nigh

So the end of the world is just a matter of weeks away- anyone believe it?

What would it take to convince you the end was coming? How many natural disasters would it take to make you think eh up?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...end-world.html

OleJanx Nov 29th 2012 3:23 pm

Re: The end is nigh

Paranoid delusionists.

auzdafluff Nov 29th 2012 3:27 pm

Shit. I'd bargained on it ending on December 31st. You know, because evidently the end of calendars predict armageddon.

(Though to be fair, for the last ten Jan 1sts, I think I have wished it would end, the size of my hangovers). :p

Millhouse Nov 29th 2012 8:11 pm

It's my birthday that day - while I don't mind going out with a bang, I would be quite pissed off if it all ended then as I paid my rent until feb and I don't want to leave any value on the table with my landlord.

littlejimmy Nov 30th 2012 6:24 am

The first sentence of that article is basically wrong, so why bother reading any further.

Beakersful Nov 30th 2012 9:36 pm

I liked their story on the ex-army hoarder with a years worth of food saved up for his family come the destabilisation of civilisation.

Doesn't he realise his neighbours will come round and kill him and take it to give themselves a few weeks more food before they themselves finally die.........

scot47 Nov 30th 2012 10:07 pm

Does the Daily Mail ever get anything right ?

jackthehat Dec 1st 2012 1:41 am

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 10410184)
Does the Daily Mail ever get anything right ?

Well, all things considered, the End of the World, and the Mayan Calendar are a little outside the Mail's usual ambit of Paedophiles, Homosexuals, Illegal Immigrants, House Prices, Obese Women, X-Factor, Come Dancing, and I'm a Celebrity!

OleJanx Dec 1st 2012 1:01 pm

The Dean Dec 2nd 2012 5:26 am

Sorry............ I'm confused: if the world is going to end, why do they need food and weapons? Or anything at all?

Irishbeekeeper Dec 2nd 2012 7:16 am

If I knew the world was going to end, Id call everyone I know up and say goodbye...then go out for a pint
just saying!

jackthehat Dec 2nd 2012 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 10411906)
If I knew the world was going to end, Id call everyone I know up and say goodbye...then go out for a pint
just saying!

If the World were come to an end on Friday 21 December 2012 there would be no one there from BE! – As they couldn't organise a 'Cock-Up in a Brothel' – One day before the this 'Momentous Event' there would be cries of 'Pullman Bar or Barasti?' – 'Carrefour or Waitrose?' – No wait, I have a 'Discount Offer' for the 'End of the World Show! - I can sell it to you!' Even if this process failed, there would be an exceptionally large queue!

They would all be looking for a 'Cheap Brunch,' and no doubt someone would be pedalling an 'Unwanted Gift – End of the Year Show Tickets!' Or even Life Insurance or a Pension, at the same time?

Whatever happens, there are 'No Pockets in Shrouds!'
!

Bahtatboy Dec 3rd 2012 4:44 am

Originally Posted by jackthehat (Post 10412046)
If the World were come to an end on Friday 21 December 2012 there would be no one there from BE! – As they couldn't organise a 'Cock-Up in a Brothel' – One day before the this 'Momentous Event' there would be cries of 'Pullman Bar or Barasti?' – 'Carrefour or Waitrose?' – No wait, I have a 'Discount Offer' for the 'End of the World Show! - I can sell it to you!' Even if this process failed, there would be an exceptionally large queue!

They would all be looking for a 'Cheap Brunch,' and no doubt someone would be pedalling an 'Unwanted Gift – End of the Year Show Tickets!' Or even Life Insurance or a Pension, at the same time?

Whatever happens, there are 'No Pockets in Shrouds!'
!

You ****ing edited that!?

Irishbeekeeper Dec 3rd 2012 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10413062)

that just made my day a bit better LOL

and jack's spot on btw

britexpat76 Dec 3rd 2012 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10413062)

:rofl: