The end of an era

Old Jan 16th 2012, 10:29 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default The end of an era

"The hotel, which is more than 33 years old, is famed in the UAE for its popular hangouts, Rattle Snake and The Red Lion"

http://www.thenational.ae/business/t...opolitan-hotel
Old Jan 16th 2012, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The end of an era

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
"The hotel, which is more than 33 years old, is famed in the UAE for its popular hangouts, Rattle Snake and The Red Lion"

http://www.thenational.ae/business/t...opolitan-hotel
Pity in a way I guess. Never rated the Red Lion much, especially as one who likes to read a newspaper. That was impossible for many years although it is better now.
Over the years they have always had some good restaurants there, in my opinion, but over the last 5 years or so they have certainly jacked up the prices like many others?
Old Jan 16th 2012, 11:11 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

why pull it down, it's making money no doubt and they say they have not decided what to build on it ..... yeah bring on a 50 storey skyscraper at 1500 a night
Old Jan 16th 2012, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I laughed.

The hotel claims a 90%+ occupancy rate and they're still tearing it down? For something yet to be defined.

Only in Dubai....

Methinks the powers that be are ordering the Naboodahs to tear down the hotel because it looks out of place next to the fancy schmancy towers of Business Bay.

Too bad. I enjoyed the place. Liked the laid back non-pretentious vibe of the Red Lion and watched most of the World Cup games there in the summer of 2010. A part of old expat Dubai, indeed.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

It also means I and many others are going to be made homeless, and I like living here
Old Jan 16th 2012, 2:14 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

One of the few remaining places in Dubai frequented by normal people with vices to match their virtues.

I am sure they'll replace it with another soulless multistory with high price rooms, overpriced booze and nothing else worth mentioning.

They have no sense of history in the UAE do they? Big and shiny, always big and shiny.

N.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

I am sure they'll replace it with another soulless multistory with high price rooms, overpriced booze and nothing else worth mentioning.

They have no sense of history in the UAE do they? Big and shiny, always big and shiny.

N.
yeah my understanding is that it has to be replaced with a multistory, but it also displaces the people living in the apartment blocks next to the hotel. They are full, so again seems like a silly decision.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winter
yeah my understanding is that it has to be replaced with a multistory, but it also displaces the people living in the apartment blocks next to the hotel. They are full, so again seems like a silly decision.
I was told a year ago they would build a new hotel , shame, there are few places left like the Red Lion
Old Jan 16th 2012, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

and ofcourse the lovely i2 lounge, a hidden gem of a late drinking lounge bar with fab music.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 3:00 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Bollox, I go swimming there. Love smashing out some lengths whilst the whore's are recovering from their night shift
Old Jan 16th 2012, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

I am going to lose my home, it makes me feel very sad
Old Jan 17th 2012, 9:40 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Aye so you said, plenty of other whore hangouts y'know?
Old Jan 17th 2012, 11:46 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winter
I am going to lose my home, it makes me feel very sad
It will be some time yet the infrastructure for what they are wanting to do is not available on the site
Old Jan 17th 2012, 11:51 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Ethos83;9845126]I laughed.

The hotel claims a 90%+ occupancy rate and they're still tearing it down? For something yet to be defined.

Only in Dubai....

90% occupancy rate on the rooms that are actually suitable and available is what they really mean as explained to me by a well known group of hotels who at the time had made 40% of their rooms available to be occupied. This information followed after questioning where everyone was at breakfast time as I was told the hotel only had couple of rooms left.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Aye so you said, plenty of other whore hangouts y'know?
Excuse me not a whore, I live in the habtoor residence, and that will be torn down along with the hotel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.