Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Enaglish Premier League 08/09

Enaglish Premier League 08/09

Old Aug 11th 2008, 11:25 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enaglish Premier League 08/09

Originally Posted by lionheart
Are you completely blind? Didn't you watch him dominate England and then play supremely well in the Euro 2008 tournament. He may not pull his socks up when playing against the dregs of Bolton, Hull or West Ham, but he can mark the likes of Ronaldo & Rooney anyday. So is Curbishley your brother? Why go on about him for no apparent reason? As for Ashton, he will probably get injured in the first month of the season and do bugger all. I do agree with your comment about Keano but don't see M'boro getting relegated. More likely Fulham or West Ham.
Talking of Man City.....what an upstanding pillor of the community you guys have as a Chairman ....lol

Ousted Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has said he will not return to Thailand from the UK.

In a statement released to the Thai media, Mr Thaksin said he and his wife would remain in the UK, "where democracy is more important".

Charges against the Shinawatra family:

Case one: Abuse of power related to purchase of state land by his wife. Who: Thaksin and his wife. Status: Trial underway

Case two: Abuse of power linked to government lottery scheme. Who: Thaksin and several former Cabinet ministers. Status: Case accepted by Supreme Court

Case three: Abuse of power related to state loan to Burma alleged to have benefited family business. Who: Thaksin. Status: Case accepted by Supreme Court

Case four: Concealing assets. Who: Thaksin, wife and two others. Status: Awaiting court decision on proceeding to trial

Case five: Tax evasion. Who: Members of Thaksin's family. Status: Pojaman Shinawatra and her brother jailed for three years, her secretary for two years

tut tut !
Old Aug 11th 2008, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Simao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really nice

I think Ronaldo's transfer drama will be pretty damaging for the entire team and for that they won't be competing for the CL but probably for the EPL. I think Chelsea will win the EPL and they truly deserved the CL if not for those two balls on the post and the JT penalty! Torres would be incredible and they might just have a chance for the EPL next season now that he has Keane with him instead of the awkwardly tall Crouch.
One thing the EPL is missing this season and it is a "Special" one.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:44 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
EPL - Manchester United
FA Cup - Aston Villa
League Cup - Liverpool
Champions League - Manchester United
Relegated: Hull, Middlesboro, Stoke

As for my beloved 'Ammers.....

Curbs is doing a decent job but he's being undermined by those above him. I think the talk of Europe with the current squad and investment is a very tall order for any manager.

Curbishleys positives

* Loves West Ham
* Good successful EPL experience
* Gets the best out of average players
* Giving youth players a real chance
* Good tactician

and the negatives

* No European competition experience
* Struggles with the big time charlie attitude of modern day millionaire players
* Struggles with foreign signings
* Not a motivator
* Lacks media personality

It's no accident that Curbishley was once on the England manager shortlist. He knows the english game and it's players and knows how to play against other teams to scrap for points.

To be honest, I think he's already really up against it as we've failed to strengthen and still have a list of injured and unfit players going into a set of games we really need to be winning.

Think we need to win the majority of the "midtable / lower league within the EPL" games against the likes of Wigan, Newcastle, Man City, Fulham, Middlesboro, Sunderland, Hull, Bolton, West Brom, Stoke etc etc) for us to stay away from that drop zone this year.
he's a crap manager, really crap. Same old story, goes well then last 8-10 games of the season his teams fall to pieces.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:46 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to pee on your chips Spugsy, but I really think the Toon will struggle this year. You were poor last year, and have had little or no investment / signings to speak of....
we finished well though, if we keep martins, owen, viduka free of injuries, and with colocinniw ho ismeant to be good and spiderman we could be ok - but yeah, just ok unless we sign at least 2 more quality players, which I don;t think we will.

12th palce for us, everyone is getting stronger and stronger.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:47 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Simao
I think Ronaldo's transfer drama will be pretty damaging for the entire team and for that they won't be competing for the CL but probably for the EPL. I think Chelsea will win the EPL and they truly deserved the CL if not for those two balls on the post and the JT penalty! Torres would be incredible and they might just have a chance for the EPL next season now that he has Keane with him instead of the awkwardly tall Crouch.
One thing the EPL is missing this season and it is a "Special" one.
Big Phil could be an interesting addition though.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:54 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
if we keep martins, owen, viduka free of injuries
Big ask that though Spugs. For me:

EPL - Man U
FA - Arsenal
C/L - Chelsea
League Cup - Spurs
Down - Hull, Stoke + AN Other....
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:01 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Big ask that though Spugs. For me:

EPL - Man U
FA - Arsenal
C/L - Chelsea
League Cup - Spurs
Down - Hull, Stoke + AN Other....
aye thats the problem, with ahve smith who does nowt, ahola who isn't good enough, but this guthrie we bought is meant to be decent, a good little solid midfielder, very busy - but we need quality, and we have a small squad.

This could be chelseas year, especially if they get one more big name signing, robinhio for example.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking of Man City.....what an upstanding pillor of the community you guys have as a Chairman ....lol
Don't believe all you read. After all, his popular and democratically elected government was overthrown by a military junta, who trumped up most of the charges to keep the people suppressed. Yes, his family may have evaded some tax and made millions, but he was a multi-millionaire before he even entered politics. Look at a similar situation next door in Malaysia, where the opposition leader has been repeatedly charged with sodomy and yet the alleged victim has admitted that nothing happened. Its just their way to keep popular guys out of power. As for some of the EPL managers and directors, I certainly wouldn't trust them with my grandmother, let alone my pocket money.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:41 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Don't believe all you read. After all, his popular and democratically elected government was overthrown by a military junta, who trumped up most of the charges to keep the people suppressed. Yes, his family may have evaded some tax and made millions, but he was a multi-millionaire before he even entered politics. Look at a similar situation next door in Malaysia, where the opposition leader has been repeatedly charged with sodomy and yet the alleged victim has admitted that nothing happened. Its just their way to keep popular guys out of power. As for some of the EPL managers and directors, I certainly wouldn't trust them with my grandmother, let alone my pocket money.
Have heard on good authority today LH, that Corluka has been sold to Tottenham as the paper work has been put through. Man City tried to pull out last minute but it is too late as everything has gone through. Tottenham are gonna launch legal action. Hughes said he would quit if the transfer was finished behind his back and since it has been he will leave
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting

http://www.4thegame.com/club/manches...fire_sale.html
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:51 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by benzonar
Hilarious more like....
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe nobody tips Fulham to go down - the only reason the Cottagers stayed up (so to speak) last year was that others were even worse..... late great escape? Not two years in a row.............

Tottenham - without Keane and Berbatov - to finish fourth? Er, no.............

West Brom to stay up - just - but sadly Stoke and Hull will struggle.

Can't see past Manchester United at the top, but Chelsea and Arsenal big unknowns this year. Deco? Will struggle in the English environment I fear. Hleb was underrated and will be harder to replace than people seem to think.

Keane and Torres? They'll be worth watching, and I still reckon Gareth Barry wil join them.

And nobody's mentioned Luton...............
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:45 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by The Dean
Can't believe nobody tips Fulham to go down - the only reason the Cottagers stayed up (so to speak) last year was that others were even worse..... late great escape? Not two years in a row.............

Tottenham - without Keane and Berbatov - to finish fourth? Er, no.............

West Brom to stay up - just - but sadly Stoke and Hull will struggle.

Can't see past Manchester United at the top, but Chelsea and Arsenal big unknowns this year. Deco? Will struggle in the English environment I fear. Hleb was underrated and will be harder to replace than people seem to think.

Keane and Torres? They'll be worth watching, and I still reckon Gareth Barry wil join them.

And nobody's mentioned Luton...............
they've bought a few decent players though, AJ will get 15 goals or so and Zamora will chip in, Gera always was a decent little player, all teams are getting better but they'll finish a few places above the relegation zone.

Berbatov hasn't gone anywhere yet, and with the attacking prowess of bale, dos santos and bentley, plus the defence they have noe which is fairly solid, they could well do it - and they are still after arshavin or another big name striker.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 6:08 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
Can't believe nobody tips Fulham to go down - the only reason the Cottagers stayed up (so to speak) last year was that others were even worse..... late great escape? Not two years in a row....
Have a quick butchers at post#14
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Have a quick butchers at post#14
I just read post 14 !!!! West Ham to get relegated..... i dont think so UP THE HAMMERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.