EMS

Old Jul 24th 2016, 7:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: EMS

Originally Posted by Millhouse
no booze at all?
Not this Jan gone, the one before. Shit, might even have been the one before that.

Not a drop from NY day to 1st Feb. Didn't do any exercise and didn't eat differently - to be honest, we're not bad, I cook every night and we save Thursday nights for a takeaway.

Dropped something like 13-and-a-bit lbs.
Old Jul 24th 2016, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Not this Jan gone, the one before. Shit, might even have been the one before that.

Not a drop from NY day to 1st Feb. Didn't do any exercise and didn't eat differently - to be honest, we're not bad, I cook every night and we save Thursday nights for a takeaway.

Dropped something like 13-and-a-bit lbs.
oh, thought you had quit for good.

I drink almost nothing these days. Hangovers simply aren't worth it.
Old Jul 24th 2016, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Hangovers simply aren't worth it.
What's a hangover? Stay Drunk!
Old Jul 24th 2016, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
I've had hangovers start on the night out.
Old Jul 24th 2016, 8:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

oh, thought you had quit for good.

I drink almost nothing these days. Hangovers simply aren't worth it.
God no. I do love a Thursday after work beer more than almost anything. It's such a pleasure.
Old Jul 24th 2016, 8:20 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
And i bet little "iknownothing" doesn't work any more
Old Jul 24th 2016, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

This type of thread has been well and truly covered a few times on this forum . It still surprises me how many weird things people turn to or believe in when embarking on a new fitness regime or trying to lose a bit of weight.

It's quite a simple set of rules but people still don't want to hear or keep to the basic principles.

Core movement exercises , resistance training and an aerobic discipline plus a decent diet . You will be fit and the stay the right weight all your life.
Old Jul 25th 2016, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I tried EMS last week. I was more than skeptical! I did one of the trail 'work outs' for 20 mins. They give you some tightish shorts (no underwear) and a long sleeve top and then strap on a vest with the electrodes on (pecs, abs, lower & upper lumber). This is tighten with stamps so the electrodes have decent contact. Separate electrodes on straps go round your biceps and your thighs and then there is a belt that fits over your glutes. Then you have a burst of juice for like 20 secs and then a rest for about 30 secs (or there abouts). Over the next 20 mins you do several movements (squats, crunches, twists etc). By the end I was shaking like a sh*tting dog! The idea is that you are doing the movements while your muscles are in contraction and it's pretty hard work.

I'm a reasonably active and fit mid 30's guy who's naturally broad / muscular but prob about 5kg over my ideal weight (flattish stomach).

Here are my observations:

1. You sweat... a lot, it was dripping off me by the end.
2. You don't ache at all for the first 24hrs and then it comes in HARD - I can still feel the ache in my glutes 6 days later. The muscle ache was waaay more than a standard weights session.
3. You feel tight (toned) for a 2 days after, but after that the effect wears off.

Would I go back..... possibly, it depends! I did quite a lot of research online and the general consensus is that it does work in terms of strength gain (some sources report significant increases over traditional weights) and it also helps tone..... but for weight loss it seems not. For that you need to eat right. So if you eat right and use EMS I would say you probably would see positive results. Is this any better than going to the gym.... possibly / possibly not! It ain't cheap either.
Old Jul 25th 2016, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I tried EMS last week. I was more than skeptical! I did one of the trail 'work outs' for 20 mins. They give you some tightish shorts (no underwear) and a long sleeve top and then strap on a vest with the electrodes on (pecs, abs, lower & upper lumber). This is tighten with stamps so the electrodes have decent contact. Separate electrodes on straps go round your biceps and your thighs and then there is a belt that fits over your glutes. Then you have a burst of juice for like 20 secs and then a rest for about 30 secs (or there abouts). Over the next 20 mins you do several movements (squats, crunches, twists etc). By the end I was shaking like a sh*tting dog! The idea is that you are doing the movements while your muscles are in contraction and it's pretty hard work.

I'm a reasonably active and fit mid 30's guy who's naturally broad / muscular but prob about 5kg over my ideal weight (flattish stomach).

Here are my observations:

1. You sweat... a lot, it was dripping off me by the end.
2. You don't ache at all for the first 24hrs and then it comes in HARD - I can still feel the ache in my glutes 6 days later. The muscle ache was waaay more than a standard weights session.
3. You feel tight (toned) for a 2 days after, but after that the effect wears off.

Would I go back..... possibly, it depends! I did quite a lot of research online and the general consensus is that it does work in terms of strength gain (some sources report significant increases over traditional weights) and it also helps tone..... but for weight loss it seems not. For that you need to eat right. So if you eat right and use EMS I would say you probably would see positive results. Is this any better than going to the gym.... possibly / possibly not! It ain't cheap either.
Thanks JAM, always good to hear from those that have actually tried it!
Old Jul 25th 2016, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy

Core movement exercises , resistance training and an aerobic discipline plus a decent diet . You will be fit and the stay the right weight all your life.
Correct me if I am wrong: what you mention is for someone who just wants to lose some fat and tone up right? Not necessarily the routine for someone who really needs to pack on the lbs and bulk up?
Old Jul 26th 2016, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Big_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Correct me if I am wrong: what you mention is for someone who just wants to lose some fat and tone up right? Not necessarily the routine for someone who really needs to pack on the lbs and bulk up?
Someone wanting to pack on the lbs and bulk up would need to lift heavy things repeatedly while eating a shitton of calories. Not plug himself into the mains.