Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Emirati women in the cockpit.

Emirati women in the cockpit.

Old Oct 26th 2009, 5:21 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirati women in the cockpit.

Originally Posted by tim-nice-but-dim
Its possible to shatter illusions about a place without coming across as a bigoted racist whos piss poor at making a decent argument.

But if you're happy to conduct yourself in this manner, and proudly represent your country abroad like this then that says a lot about you as a person, and your respect for your own country.

One thing that stands to the Emiratis, whatever their other faults, of which there are many, is that they still believe in themselves and their country and are proud to represent it.
The Brits, well, its not just other countries you love to rant about, you love to do it to your own also, blaming everyone but yourselves for the state of the nation, the drinking culture, the crime, the weather, or wait, maybe blame the Labour government, thats another DailyMail reader favourite isnt it?? The same Labour government that the Brits voted to be their elected representatives!

Yeah, you are well qualified to preach to the rest of the world about their problems!
and pray tell from whence do you hail

as for pride in my country i think that most on here would say that i am perhaps overly proud of gods own country
Old Oct 26th 2009, 5:35 pm
Banned

tim-nice-but-dim is just really nicetim-nice-but-dim is just really nicetim-nice-but-dim is just really nicetim-nice-but-dim is just really nicetim-nice-but-dim is just really nicetim-nice-but-dim is just really nicetim-nice-but-dim is just really nicetim-nice-but-dim is just really nice

Originally Posted by shiva

as for pride in my country i think that most on here would say that i am perhaps overly proud of gods own country
Doesnt sound that way.

What does it matter where im from, my country doesnt define me, and i dont need to pretend to be proud and preach about all things Great Britain, while in the next sentence displaying an attitude that is not in the least bit Great at all.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 5:57 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Doesnt sound that way.

What does it matter where im from, my country doesnt define me, and i dont need to pretend to be proud and preach about all things Great Britain, while in the next sentence displaying an attitude that is not in the least bit Great at all.

Just waved bye-bye to the placenta and talking already......
Old Oct 26th 2009, 6:08 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Eva
pffffff.

What an outright tool. But then we do attract them don't we. Why do they never hang around long these self rightous types.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 6:12 pm
Banned

tim-nice-but-dim is just really nicetim-nice-but-dim is just really nicetim-nice-but-dim is just really nicetim-nice-but-dim is just really nicetim-nice-but-dim is just really nicetim-nice-but-dim is just really nicetim-nice-but-dim is just really nicetim-nice-but-dim is just really nice

Originally Posted by Eva
Another great comeback.

Why do you people find it impossible to come back with anything other than a failed attempt at a one liner? Jimmy Carr you are not, love.

Are you too stupid to answer with a reasonable argument?
Old Oct 26th 2009, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shiva
now thats a valid point, also doesnt just apply to pilots/flying either.
Yep...you can see it in lots of places..
Old Oct 26th 2009, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Another great comeback.

Why do you people find it impossible to come back with anything other than a failed attempt at a one liner? Jimmy Carr you are not, love.

Are you too stupid to answer with a reasonable argument?
Tim, stop it..You just sound like a wanker, and to date, you havn't really conviced anyone on here that you can argue like an adult.

You have thrown out some crappy oneliners yourself, and frankly, you just sound like a tosser.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 6:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by spart
Tim, stop it..You just sound like a wanker, and to date, you havn't really conviced anyone on here that you can argue like an adult.

You have thrown out some crappy oneliners yourself, and frankly, you just sound like a tosser.
I dont need to convince anyone of anything, ive asked if you people felt proud of they way you conduct yourselves here, as representatives of your country on the World Wide Web, and have yet to receive any response, other than variations of F**k off you tosser.

So either you all are too ashamed of your actions here and are unwilling to try and defend them, or you simply dont understand the question.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Tim so far has shown himself to be a decent normal human being.

The others....

Whichever one has managed to meet only workshy emiratis: well your friends are all lazy shits, do you wonder why?

The others who are convinced that all Emiratis paid to get their jobs/got them because of their last name: get over yourselves. You're just bitter because you see others with a country to be proud of, and a government that treats its citizens well.

It's easy to pretend otherwise, but we are all here because it's better than being back home. Everyone knows it. That's why the minute you step off the plane onto the runway, you pack away the attitude and put up with things. When you can anonymously spout your Daily Exress filth, you spew it out here.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

So either you all are too ashamed of your actions here and are unwilling to try and defend them, or you simply dont understand the question.
Don't bother, it's just a matter of time before they pretend to be too busy with a new topic- some joke, or a football match. I've forced them to shutthe****up about things like this a few times already.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by commander

1. how old are you and are you a british muslim perhaps?
It's so not relevant to this issue.... maybe you want to waste time on this, well I don't.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seven seas
Tim so far has shown himself to be a decent normal human being.
Wont it be great when all the oil runs out and these overpaid expat w**kers f**k off back to to where they came from, to drink themselves into oblivion in the scottish highlands no doubt!

Nothing sexist or stereotypical about that statement either is there?! Good, just so we all know where we stand.
Yeah..I thought that was a decent normal human thing to say.

Originally Posted by seven seas
It's easy to pretend otherwise, but we are all here because it's better than being back home. Everyone knows it. That's why the minute you step off the plane onto the runway, you pack away the attitude and put up with things. When you can anonymously spout your Daily Exress filth, you spew it out here.
Wake up. No its not. I will be back home the minute someone from my company can replace me. There is nothing in this country that is better than being in the southern hemisphere.

Last edited by spart; Oct 26th 2009 at 6:41 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spart
Wake up. No its not. I will be back home the minute someone from my company can replace me. There is nothing in this country that is better than being in the southern hemisphere.
A typical JAFA comment there. BTW we all sooo believe that your company- and this country - so deseprately need your unique skills.

That comment by Tim- which you misunderstood like a typical convict's cousin sheepshagger (how does that feel?) - funny that you comment on that one...
Old Oct 26th 2009, 6:59 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

So which epl football team do you 3 children have shirts of?
Old Oct 26th 2009, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

See post 101

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.