Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Emirati women in the cockpit.

Emirati women in the cockpit.

Old Oct 31st 2009, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirati women in the cockpit.

Originally Posted by Roadking
Let's be totally contentious:

Sad but mainly true.
Yeah, everyone knows British expats are way more qualified than other Euroepans.

That explains why the Underground system isn't totally full of shit, and why everything else there works so well. Esecially the not-at-all-shoddy construction standards.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Lites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really niceLites is just really nice

...forgive intrusion, but needs must.

sevenseas, you must be too young to appreciate the marvel of the underground.
No shit - really. Constructed, a century and a half ago, it's truly awe inspiring in my opinion.

Have to ask, have you ever thought to appreciate its history rather than compare it with what it should be today, given ideal conditions, the wisdom of hindsight and a crock of money.

Guessing that you must be very young, maybe not in age, definitely in maturity of understanding.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Seven Seas, Tim-Nice-But-Dim and all those others on this thread who are playing the super-intelligent, non-sexist and non-racist card:
I congratulate you on your mental abilities and sensitivities and compassion towards others, but, you still lack the mental ability to identify and come to terms with the fact that not all of God's children are created equal.
On this board, as well as in real life, there are some who are intelligent/eloquent/use long words or sentences or paragraphs, they may be good in expressing themselves but they may not be that good in maths or business or have good physical fitness. Some of the guys may have large cocks, some of them are cocks. Some of them are funny, some of them interesting, some of them boring...
It would really be a boring and monotonous world if you want everyone to be like you...And stop trying to force feed your version of "intelligence" on others, noone appointed you the High Priest of Intellect...

Live and let live; life is too short...
Old Oct 31st 2009, 9:08 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Seven Seas, Tim-Nice-But-Dim and all those others on this thread who are playing the super-intelligent, non-sexist and non-racist card:
I congratulate you on your mental abilities and sensitivities and compassion towards others, but, you still lack the mental ability to identify and come to terms with the fact that not all of God's children are created equal.
On this board, as well as in real life, there are some who are intelligent/eloquent/use long words or sentences or paragraphs, they may be good in expressing themselves but they may not be that good in maths or business or have good physical fitness. Some of the guys may have large cocks, some of them are cocks. Some of them are funny, some of them interesting, some of them boring...
It would really be a boring and monotonous world if you want everyone to be like you...And stop trying to force feed your version of "intelligence" on others, noone appointed you the High Priest of Intellect...

Live and let live; life is too short...

You been away? ...and turning up again on 31st October - Hallowe'en !
Old Oct 31st 2009, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot

You been away? ...and turning up again on 31st October - Hallowe'en !
Oh I was waiting for the costume to be ready...
Old Oct 31st 2009, 9:18 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

...no need to wear a mask though !
Old Oct 31st 2009, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MacScot
...no need to wear a mask though !
Of course not...
Old Oct 31st 2009, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by seven seas
Nobody ever said that all Emiratis were hard working industrious types. We are here because there is a skills gap- our skillsets are hard to find- if not impossible- amongst the local talent pool.
And you wonder why I thought you were an idiot. These posts are only days apart, and your mind appears to have changed...

Originally Posted by seven seas
A typical JAFA comment there. BTW we all sooo believe that your company- and this country - so deseprately need your unique skills.
And I'm still waiting for you to tell me what a JAFA is.

Muppet
Old Oct 31st 2009, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, welcome back, I was wondering where you were.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

I have never seen such blatant racism in my life as on this forum.

Nearly every thread has some reference to a nationality deemed less worthy than the mighty Brits (who, funnily enough have no intention of going back there...hmmm)

The sad reality is that most of you so quick to diss Emiratis have probably had no more dealings with the people of this country than your trip to Etisalat or Dewa. You probably have no idea of their culture or history, nor do you have any intention of learning about it.

I find it quite disgusting to read about our hosts in this way.

This forum makes me ashamed to be British. And for the people who find it so easy to poke fun at other nationalities - I wonder if you would be so quick to stand up in public and reveal your racist thoughts, or do you find you can only reveal these on an anonymous internet forum?
Old Nov 1st 2009, 1:31 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ditzy
This forum makes me ashamed to be British. And for the people who find it so easy to poke fun at other nationalities - I wonder if you would be so quick to stand up in public and reveal your racist thoughts, or do you find you can only reveal these on an anonymous internet forum?
I agree they are a right shower here..the Brits are bad .. but the scotch are right buggers everyone of them... and as for Geordies ..who the hell can understand a word they say... I am on your side ....

Of course the lebos are just filthy perverts ..
and the dutch just want to be models ...
Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:50 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ditzy
I have never seen such blatant racism in my life as on this forum.

Nearly every thread has some reference to a nationality deemed less worthy than the mighty Brits (who, funnily enough have no intention of going back there...hmmm)

The sad reality is that most of you so quick to diss Emiratis have probably had no more dealings with the people of this country than your trip to Etisalat or Dewa. You probably have no idea of their culture or history, nor do you have any intention of learning about it.

I find it quite disgusting to read about our hosts in this way.

i agree..and so does the UAE national sitting right next to me...in fact he is reading through this thread laughing at some of the comments aimed towards UAE ladies..

He also tells me regularly how his people have turned into rich lazy arrogant fat workshy pricks.

But i guess as he is a UAE national that would be alright in your eyes for him to make that statement. It just becomes an issue when a brit states the obvious..

But none of us know or understand the UAE national psyche as much as seven seas...even Eisa the local sat next to me could learn a thing or two from the uber intellectual
Old Nov 1st 2009, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Lites- So they haven't built a new system because they don't want the rest of the world to feel bad huh...

That's also why the NHS, tax system, the media, the housing situation, oplicing, etc etc are like that right?

Confucius- What a fantastic way to dumb everything down.

For me, being:
-intelligent
-non-sexist
-non-racist

are not a card to be played. This is a way of life, and it reflects the fact that I was brought up properly and it resulted in the position I enjoy today. Don't think of these things as masks you can wear and remove at will, it takes training and belief. If you don't believe in good manners, you will not fool anyone for long.
Live and let live? Nice advice. The last time I saw five chavs abusing someone, I could have done that, but I didn't. You can take the easy way out, but don't get in the way when people step up and take responsibility.

Ditzy- you are right, except for the in-public thing. It seems that it is a lot more controversial to stand up for equality than anythign else. You can always find people who supoprt one prejudice or another. But people prepared to oppose it...?

Spart- disregarding the fact that my position HASN'T changed (mainly because I haven't actually seen any convincing arguments against it, just a bunch of unprovable hearsay).... changing one's mind isn't a sign of being an idiot. Quite the opposite, in fact. I know that the majority of mullet-wearers think that sticking to your guns is a sign of manhood, but keeipng an open mind and making judgements based on evidence is a much better indicator of wisdom and maturity.

Commander- Nice friend you've got there. Or should I say made up? I imagine it would be hard to find such a ball-less individual but I may be wrong. By the way it is not impossible for a non-Emirati to know more about the national psyche than some Emiratis themselves. You do know that, don't you? Not that national psyche is what we're talking about. We are talking about manners, and civilised behaviour in the modern world.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 6:33 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Commander- Nice friend you've got there. Or should I say made up? I imagine it would be hard to find such a ball-less individual but I may be wrong. By the way it is not impossible for a non-Emirati to know more about the national psyche than some Emiratis themselves. You do know that, don't you? Not that national psyche is what we're talking about. We are talking about manners, and civilised behaviour in the modern world.
yea, he is made up....just so i could make something up to post on here...

Of course it is possible for a non emirate to know more about the national psyche, i never stated otherwise did i? but his opinion is valued and personal..

He has more credence in this than Mr faceless you

and yes, you are wrong.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

I got all my wisdom from Ahmed...The Dead Terrorist....obviously!!!
The only local I have ever spoken to.
But he sure knows his shit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.